SAU Community

Safe To Park Outside?

blu3chip

am i on the bad side? im between monash and the town center..

No you aren't on bad side of frankston, but you never know. Cars get stolen happens anywhere and will most likely get stolen on Railway stations as most of them are pretty quiet and no security cameras.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i dont understand is, that it says that my suburb (Mt Waverley) is a very low-risk, but just a few streets away (Glen Waverley) is a very high risk.....

frankston is like heaven compared to half the suburbs in melbourne, i know idrather spend a night on the street in frankston than any westside suburb..

i live in mordialloc, around 20mins from frankston, and have no trouble, i parkmy car on the street.

But alarms are cheap anyway, plus if somone wants to steal your car, they WILL steal it

3 women at work are from there and have come to work with horror stories about Frankston but on the flip side, they dont ever come in and compliment the place. Like with most places, you generally only hear the bad.

BTW - NateR31 you dont drive a red 31 and drive cross Springvale Rd at Governer Road Dandenong bound in the morning do you?

Hey,

Do you have a garage for your Skyline to sleep at nights? If not, park it on drive way of your home.

And it's risky to park on streets as half of Frankston drivers are bogans and don't give crap or two...

Get loud alarm possible, and club-lock for steering wheel.

Where in Frankston are you?

Cheers

Grant

Club-lock for when u catch the c%nt breakin into your car...

frankston is like heaven compared to half the suburbs in melbourne, i know idrather spend a night on the street in frankston than any westside suburb..

i live in mordialloc, around 20mins from frankston, and have no trouble, i parkmy car on the street.

But alarms are cheap anyway, plus if somone wants to steal your car, they WILL steal it

That's because you don't know shit about the westside, just like to talk crap to make yourself feel good. Lived in the west all my life (Mainly St. Albans), never had my house /car/etc broken into or stolen. Never been in a fight or any other trouble, but i guess being 6 foot at age 11 could offer an explanation :O.

Anyway, we are not talking about leaving a Pantera parked on the streets, it appears he has a R33 S2. :(

The west is the pits.

Im sorry.

I lived there. :(

I'll freely say its the orifice of god. I've had cars broken into, illegal drags around the corner from my old house.

I've litereally had people do burnouts in my old court.

I laugh and find it amusing, but the general population doesnt

The shootings are tops to read about.

Go for a drive down paco and its spot the drug dealers house (very easy to do)

Its a great place :O i love it

LOL @ all you people bagging out franger without any more of an idea than "my mates mate told me its a bad place"

Its not like that at all these days, its much improved over the last 5 years.

Still not great, but you tell me any other suburb in Melb thats any better.

Everywhere is a risk, its that simple.

Get an alarm, get insurance, and hope it doenst happen to you.

It can happen anywhere, anytime

I agree, you have to be careful where you park your car..it doesnt matter which part of Melbourne..

Get an alarm to have some peace of mind and compo insurance.. :(

WECLOME 2 MELB M8! i live near frankston and i am in there often. personally i dont like leaveing my car outside and in the open ANYWHERE and i live in an area where im surrounded by eaither 80 year old retirees or 10 year old kids. when it comes down to it, frankston, as "different" as some of the inhabitants may be, is just another working class suburb that cops a bad rap. you should thank ur lucky stars u dont live near tanhtai, i dont even drive through there in fear of having my car bottled (actually happned 2 a m8 in his silvia). just get a nice alarm like a black widow, cyclops or something similar, they retail for around $400 installed at strathfield and make sure they put the alarm LED in a visible place to ward of some wouldbe theifs. hope 2 catch u round there some time! :(

Near where me and nate live its no problem parking your car on the street. Franston is full of drunken bogans so you dont know what could happen there. And yes i agree, Any suburb is better than the western/nothern suburbs.

If its that bad just park in the driveway and get someone to park behind you. Least it wont get stolen that way lol

If you have full comp insurance then don't get worried about where you park it, or then are you also worried about where you drive it?

You might as well leave it locked up in a shipping container and not drive it at all.

Insurance means you don't need to worry about stuff like this.

If you do get an alarm fitted and you have to provide an address, I never give the one where the car will live. Usually provide a family friends address just incase any follow up literature/warranty comes through.

That's because you don't know shit about the westside, just like to talk crap to make yourself feel good. Lived in the west all my life (Mainly St. Albans), never had my house /car/etc broken into or stolen. Never been in a fight or any other trouble, but i guess being 6 foot at age 11 could offer an explanation :(.

Anyway, we are not talking about leaving a Pantera parked on the streets, it appears he has a R33 S2. :huh:

ahaha true.

You guys should pay a visit to suburbs like Taylors Lakes, Sydenham and Keilor Downs.

Very nice.

and let's not forget Dandenong, Frankston, Springvale. lol.

Also, lol @ pantera.

3 women at work are from there and have come to work with horror stories about Frankston but on the flip side, they dont ever come in and compliment the place. Like with most places, you generally only hear the bad.

BTW - NateR31 you dont drive a red 31 and drive cross Springvale Rd at Governer Road Dandenong bound in the morning do you?

nah mines silver, but i think i know the one youre talking about, are the plates riki b? i alawys see him in the morning..

That's because you don't know shit about the westside, just like to talk crap to make yourself feel good. Lived in the west all my life (Mainly St. Albans), never had my house /car/etc broken into or stolen. Never been in a fight or any other trouble, but i guess being 6 foot at age 11 could offer an explanation :(.

Anyway, we are not talking about leaving a Pantera parked on the streets, it appears he has a R33 S2. :huh:

you probably ment pintara, yeh, fair enought i guess.

nah mines silver, but i think i know the one youre talking about, are the plates riki b? i alawys see him in the morning..

I have seen that one but its not the one I was thinking of. I see a couple of red ones regularly and both have standard plates. One on White St and the other on Governer Rd normally. I have seen a silver one on Greens Rd with R31 club stickers on, is that yours?