SAU Community

Changing R33 Gts25t Headlight Globes

Hey all!

Could anyone please point me in the right direction as to how to install headlight globes for my Skyline?

I have the globes already (H1 Type), but I don't know how to install the globes into the headlight assemblies.

I just want to change my low-level lights, as one of them got blown. My parker lamps and high-beam lights are fine.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks all!

1. Unscrew cap and move out of the way

2. Un-hook wire clip

3. Pull out headlight bulb + bulb holder

4. Pull out bulb from holder

5. Put new bulb in holder

6. Put back holder into place

7. Hook wire clip

8. Screw cap

9. Test lights!

I need help as well. I have unscrewed the cap, but no matter how hard I try to pull, I just can't remove the wire clip. It won't budge..I am afraid I may damage the wire clip.

You have to push the clip in then into the centre, there is a lug it clips into but not hard to get out, very easy once you see whats happening, you'll kick yourself when you see how easy it is.

Getting the clip in for the driver side headlight is the hardest part, especially with that stupid windscreen washer bottle in the way.

• 3 months later...

Yeah its the same process but the high beams were much harder to access (atleast for me), could not see &^%.

Speaking of which, can someone mention how to change the parkers? :P I think i can see the little tab thing that has to be pulled out... but cant get it out. lol

Edited by Xizor

Parkers - look down in the tiny gap. there is this white thing. It's very small. basically, you turn it.

It will be an absolute bitch without removing the washer bottle. Expect possible blood unless if you've got pint size hands.

turn it, which will unlock it, then pull it out.

the parkers are really well buried. to get to the drivers side you WILL have to remove the washer bottle, loosen the fusebox so you can remove the overflow bottle, and then get your hands in there. gynecologists can do this without removing the washer bottle. i can't.

Even then, you can unplug the wiring but I couldn't get enough leverage on the parker socket to unlock it (it twists anticlockwise). A brainwave presented itself when i spotted my needlenose pliers, and they work like a dream. Don't cut yourself to ribbons, use the pliers. one end on each corner of the socket and twist gently, it'll pop right out. Use the pliers to lock them in again when you've changed the bulb.

Also, my plugs had all this white gunky shit in them which was making the contact iffy, and the parkers would cut in and out. i hit them with an air duster followed by a shitload of electronic cleaning solvent, which blew some of the gunk out. after that they work perfectly.

if you can do your parkers the H1s should be a piece of piss! :(