SAU Community

Window Seals Need Help 32 Gtr

Beer Baron

for get genuine rubbers for the front and rear screens just use commonwhore ones look better and are a shitload cheaper

the rear quater windows have either one or two 10mm bolts holding em in as well as the usual silastic

ive never seen em come seperate from seals

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for get genuine rubbers for the front and rear screens just use commonwhore ones look better and are a shitload cheaper

the rear quater windows have either one or two 10mm bolts holding em in as well as the usual silastic

ive never seen em come seperate from seals

Do you know of any window place that has actually replaced the seals? I've head of using the bomodore seals (and IIRC someone else mentioned using a Mitsubishi mirage seal to me once) but I don't want to rock up to the local Obriens only to have the person ask "what's a skyline? R32" or have dollar signs light up in their eyes :)

im sure it was $120 ea for the soft rubber as both my drivers and passenger side glass rubbers are shagged at the top corners. I rang the guy here in Adelaide (Unley Nissan) and he recently got them for his own 32 GTR and he knew exaclty what i wanted.

I need the hard bits too as some f*kwit tried to break into my car and ive got screwdriver marks along the hard rubbers.

linky no worky as well :)

that sounds great, do you think you could buy a pair for me? I'm happy to send the the $$ and postage. I just need them asasp. $120 each is fine.

R

Beer Baron,

I've had a look at the fast diagram you posted, My drivers window rubber recently died, I called Nissan I remember they quoted high 200's.

$280 rings a bell for some reason.

that sounds great, do you think you could buy a pair for me? I'm happy to send the the $$ and postage. I just need them asasp. $120 each is fine.

R

I dont know if i would get quoted the same price again. Ive rung up before (2 separate times) for some other parts, and depending on who you speak to, and sometimes time of day you get quoted different prices...

I'll have to ring back and double check....im sure he said $120 at the time i enquired though....

cool. heres some pics that may help:

the seal:

dsc003977mg.jpg

where it starts from:

dsc003928or.jpg

where it ends:

dsc003939sj.jpg

and one i knocked up with my paint skills showing where it is:

dsc0039617rs.jpg

anyway just see what you can do. thanks mate.

Beer Baron,

I've had a look at the fast diagram you posted, My drivers window rubber recently died, I called Nissan I remember they quoted high 200's.

$280 rings a bell for some reason.

thanks mate, that helps too. it's still better than the $440 each the blokes here quoted (trade price). and that was trying two different nissan parts dealers.

now were are cooking! i have half of sau on the case. i even have my friend in japan going to go and contact his local trade parts nissan dealer in tokyo. if the are really cheap there i may grab a whole bunch.

thanks guys :D

i used BA falcon seals on my front and rear screens, but that was 33 .. but i doubt there would be much thickness difference in the glass itself..

and it just came in a length, years ago now, but was only just over $120 or so for front and rear from o'briens.

now were are cooking! i have half of sau on the case. i even have my friend in japan going to go and contact his local trade parts nissan dealer in tokyo. if the are really cheap there i may grab a whole bunch.

thanks guys :D

now hand over your gts-t :D

thanks craved. yep my glass dude who is removing the screens said they just use a generic seal to do the windscreens front and rear, but the door windows are a different story. you definately will need the nissan ones for those. :D

haha hand over my GTST. my poor gtst wont even get new seals. they are for the GTR only! :D

so when calling obriens you just ask them to replace the rear windows seals? mine leak, so i gotta get the sorted before winter kicks in.

steve

Start soaking that rear wiper nut RIGHT NOW!. :fakenopic:

Grab the best silicon/penetrating spray you can as you don't want that rear window broken. :S

the seals around the door and window are around $220ea from Nissan AU. I bought a pair.

Part numbers

N7686004U01 - RHS

N7686104U01 - LHS

From the Japan parts thread.

I replaced that exact seal when I got my car.

These are the part numbers on my invoice.

PS baron your pictures are $hithouse :fakenopic:

haha thanks lover. you know i should have been a photographer!

so just to confirm (cause every time i ring nissan i get a different number). they are the soft rubber seals that run from the height of the striker plate up and around the window and stop at the base of the a pillar? woohoo. that is much better than $440 each piece.

haha thanks lover. you know i should have been a photographer!

so just to confirm (cause every time i ring nissan i get a different number). they are the soft rubber seals that run from the height of the striker plate up and around the window and stop at the base of the a pillar? woohoo. that is much better than $440 each piece.

yep that's the one.

I had the std R32 tear in the top corner of my door seal and it was annoying me so replaced them ;)

starts at the base of where the b-pillar trim meets the body, runs up the b-pillar, arcoss the roof, down the a-pillar and meets basically just below where the wing mirror would seal up against.

do it. you know you want to...

YES YES YES.

i love you ronin. love you long time.

i am so sad i was nearly considering even buying them at the $440 each. f**k me.

i will ring nissan again with the part numbers and see how i go.

thanks mate.