SAU Community

Window Seals Need Help 32 Gtr

Beer Baron

when my car got the right quarter replaced they had to remove the rear screen. They couldnt get it out without breaking it, tried all kinds of things with no success. They put in a 2nd had screen and now the rear demisters no worky! Im taking it back for them to sort but now that i think about it im missing some of the seals in the back, what's a set of the rear ones worth?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i've been able to secure some genuine door to window seals in japan. they will be cheaper than here by probably 20% or so. The dudes here want $220 + GST ($242) and that's trade price. I can get them for ~$195 delivered to sydney. From there it is pick up from me on the northside or post at your cost. If any of you guys think you want some, or if there is some interest i may post up a group buy. delivery time will be about the same as from nissan AU as they are mostly ex-japan anyway.

well it's good news for me anyway as saving $100 makes a difference to me!

I can also get the windscreen moulds etc too if someone needs them.

ok, i've been able to secure some genuine door to window seals in japan. they will be cheaper than here by probably 20% or so. The dudes here want $220 + GST ($242) and that's trade price. I can get them for ~$195 delivered to sydney. From there it is pick up from me on the northside or post at your cost. If any of you guys think you want some, or if there is some interest i may post up a group buy. delivery time will be about the same as from nissan AU as they are mostly ex-japan anyway.

well it's good news for me anyway as saving $100 makes a difference to me!

I can also get the windscreen moulds etc too if someone needs them.

I'm still definately down for a driver's side (depending on when this happens, I will check my passenger side when I get home). Offer still stands regarding delivery if the timing works.

sweet. Well i've been thinking about delivery to you in japan (or you pick-up in japan) but it would be tough to organise as nissan japan will take 1week to deliver to my friend so it may be a hit and miss type thing. Pm me if you like and we can mull over it some more.

im in for a group buy. i need the soft seals for both the body and door on both sides plus the hard seals on the body both sides. they work but look crap. im too fussy to leave 'em!:D

• 3 months later...

dont bother with the stock ones they are rubbish

ive already been through all this shit when i painted my car the first time and it was the biggest waste of money

get a wind screen dude to come and and use a set of universal rubbers and be done with it

it will look 100000 times neater and they wont lift and look shit like the stock ones will

a man after my own heart! haha all GTR32 restoration enthusiasts congregate here.

Currently have my R32 GTR completely stripped and am replacing/rebuilding every single part of the car! Every part is being stripped and cleaned/polished (depending on finish). I will post pics as the car as it comes back together (hopefully soon). Going for forged/balanced internals but overall a very original like 'day one' R32 GTR. It was a very tidy car to begin with but im very fussy (crazy) so here we are!

Deren

• 2 weeks later...

good man. yes 2GUP may be onto something. my genuine $$$ *breath $$$ front window mould kit and seat kit lifted up the other day at ~200km/h (on the main straight at Oran Park). Not impressed. luckily it just came out a little bit, and I saw it and taped it down till I could take it back to the panel beater.

Yep my drivers side window seal (the rubber one) has a bloody tear in the corner, annoys me no end!

I guess I'll ring nissan with the part no, did you say you could get them cheaper Beer? Id love a set if you can.

Cheers

Andrew

just ring and windscreen fitter and ask him to replace front and back seals, i got a guy to come and do mine he pulled them both out without breaking them, and i reckon it looks neater! shouldnt cost more $200 havnt had a problem yet

heres a pic of mine, bit blury but u get the idean on what they look like

Edited by ali-turko

• 3 years later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread...

Looks like universal is the way to go.. Not going to lie though, the first 3 pages were scaring me ! :(

Has anyone else been through/ learnt about this recently.

Sorry for bumping an old thread...

Looks like universal is the way to go.. Not going to lie though, the first 3 pages were scaring me ! :whistling:

Has anyone else been through/ learnt about this recently.

Yes I have a R32 GTST and Id like to renew my door seals top and bottom also. I have removed mine and applied a layer of double sided tape to "biuld up" the layer under the seal and put the seal back in, it helped a bit and makes the door feel much better when closing and no leaks, but id like new seals.

Does anyone have an updated info on where you can get these at a reasonable price? Rang Nissan a month ago and they wanted 990 dollars for the four peices and when I said how much I was prepared to pay, he was offended!!! where does nissan get off on parts pricing? lol. He said he last sold one in 2007 and I said "erm, do you ever wonder why? does it really COST that to make? "

*shakes head*

im in the market for ALL new seals on my r33 gtst, gunna look into the universal ones, does the hard moulds around the top of the window come in universal or do you gotta get genuine