SAU Community

Window Seals Need Help 32 Gtr

Beer Baron

Hi guys,

I want ro replace the window seals that run (on the car body) from the height of the door handle up the frames, across the top, then down to the base of the a-pillar. I have been quoted prices from $40 all the way to $440... surely they are not all talking about the same part. this is my problem i want the right part. Has anyone ever replaced those seals? if so can you please share with me the part number and price?

I really do need it urgently. thanks for anyone that can help. :laugh:

It's the soft rubber seal that the window seals up against when the door is closed.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, well i ascertained which one it is. the window seal costs ~$500, and the hard plastic bit that goes above it is ~$250. basically approx $800 per side. then you still have the lower seals. around $100 there, so to renew just the main window seals in your 32 is a $2000 proposition. then you still have, quarter windows, rear screen and front screen...

it would be cheaper to buy a skyline in japan with good ones then use them on your car.

whats the price on a rear window seal?

Are you talking rear 3/4 window or rear windscreen. I priced the rear windscreen seal kit (includes the rubbers, fastners and some sort of expoxy or something) awhile ago and it was crazy expensive (off the top of my head, about $650).

according to nissan today rear window seal kit is unavailable atm. front was ex japan and was lots of $$

kyle, i would love if you could find out the costs for me on the door-window seals. there are 3 bits i'm interested in. the seal that the window pushes against when the door is closed, the one that runs above that, and the one that goes on the door itself (other two attach to car body).

thanks, but i'm not too hopefull those prices were from a nissan parts dealer.

yeah i will try roy.

It's a bit dissapointing. the seals on my car are ok. no leaks anywhere, but i want them to look brand new.

Didnt you watch the Worlds Fastest Indian??? Boot polish my friend!

But $2k s'hit a brick. Is that because you have frameless windows? Im up for them soon but my goodness.

according to nissan today rear window seal kit is unavailable atm. front was ex japan and was lots of $$

Are we talking rear "window" (i.e. 3/4 window) or "windscreen"? :thumbsup:

I was talking rear windscreen. I priced it about 12 months ago. I was told I couldn't buy the rubber seperate from the kit, but the kit was available. I know others have replaced theirs using aftermarket ones designed other cars, but I've never been able to find anyone to tell me what they had fitted or where.

My drivers side window seal (the one the window actually touches) is cracked at the top of the B-pillar so I will be interested to see if you can find a decently priced replacement.

rear window=rear windscreen.

quater windows=quarter windows. :P

yeah i will let you know how i get on. i just really wanted everything to be brand spankers. :thumbsup:

Well, on four door Skylines a rear window would be something else :thumbsup:

Have you tried using a rubber rejuvenator? Meguirs is probably the easiest to get. They are suppose to soften and recolour the rubber. There are some other dodgier options: I've seen tyre black/shine work quite well, but obviously you probably don't want to apply that in case it gets on the paint. Others say a couple of WD-40 treatments works wonders. For a couple of bucks it might be worth a go?

yeah i've thought about that but i just want newies. :thumbsup:

i havent compromised any aspect of the car to this point and it's starting to bug me. i'm doomed to have crappy seals.

speaking of quarter windows,

does anyone have a clue as to how they come out? ive been trying and trying now and cant get them to budge.

anyone know prices on the rubber kit for them? what i heard is $550 incl the actual glass.. but i only need the seals.

anyone who has info on aftermarket substitutes for the rear window seal would be awesome too.. and windscreen come to think of it.

Try Rezz. He can get new oem parts from Nissan Japan for slightly cheaper than aus delivered oem gear.

There was a thread in the Jap section.

Beer baron - the rear window seal kit was roughly $400, the rear 1/4 window seal can only be bought with the window and is $400 per side. The door rubbers you want i inquired here in Adelaide and they wanted $120 per side.

There is someone on the forums here who mentioned someone like Windscreens obrien just use a generic seal off something like a commondore that works for the rear seal.

Speak to Rezz though....its in his sig from memory :thumbsup:

Edited by Bl4cK32

hi bl4ck32,

are you sure the $120 ones are the rigt ones? i'll happily pay that much. the ones i'm talking about are soft rubber and run around the door frame (but on the car body, not the door). they start where the striker plate is (height of the door handle) and run up the b pillar then across the roof and down to the base of the a pillar.

in fast i believe it's part number 78859 or 76812 (probably the second number). that's for RH only, LH is a different number.

0227_001.pdf

i think this file shows the right bit in fast. i acutally need both of those bits. one is hard plastic (runs outside the window when closed) and the other is the more important one i need. the soft rubber one the window seals against at the top.

if you could check for me that would be awesome.

im sure it was $120 ea for the soft rubber as both my drivers and passenger side glass rubbers are shagged at the top corners. I rang the guy here in Adelaide (Unley Nissan) and he recently got them for his own 32 GTR and he knew exaclty what i wanted.

I need the hard bits too as some f*kwit tried to break into my car and ive got screwdriver marks along the hard rubbers.

linky no worky as well :wave: