SAU Community

Anyone Has Gt 30/40 On Their Gtr?

Good day all

I was just wondering if anyone has GT 30/40 on their GTR? How much power do you make as i check the stickie thread for performance upgrades on GTR but no one seem to have them.

I was thinking if i have GT 30/40

Manifold

Ex-gate

Run around 18-20psi

Would i make around 300kw@rear?

Do i need new pump and injectors as car currently make 250kw@rear with stock turbos on 14psi.

Goal is to achive only 300@rear.

I don't want to go N1 or 2530's even though i know they make good power but i just want to be different. I've seen a 32gtr with N1's ran mid 11 on street tyres.

It seem to me that steel wheels turbo is a cheap insurance for the gtrs.

Thanks.

im running a std internal RB25 with cams etc etc getting 294rwkw on 18 psi ... they will make 300 and more on an rb26

std injectors etc should be fine, upgrade the fuel pump for piece of mind

edit : hahha whoops

thats on HKS 3040 0.70 AR with 1.12 rear housing ..

Edited by Craved

im running a std internal RB25 with cams etc etc getting 294rwkw on 18 psi ... they will make 300 and more on an rb26

std injectors etc should be fine, upgrade the fuel pump for piece of mind

edit hahha whoops

thats on HKS 3040 0.70 AR with 1.12 rear housing ..

Nice, is there much different between HKS and Garret? I'm pretty sure i can order the same triming from Garret as i believe HKS GT 30/40 has been around for a while now, copy right is no longer apply to it.

What size waste gate are you running? High mount manifold? Apperantly the cheap CHINA made one these days are fine, not like when they first come out.

I'm making 250kw and maximum reading on my injectors duty cycle is around 80-82% so hopefully with another 50kw stockies should be fine. Yeah probably after market fuel pump should be done as well.

Last one mate, is it LAGGY? At how much RPM is full boost?

Thanks

As stated by West I would go bigger.

The HKS Drag car runs 2 35/40's(I know they have a little bit more money than us lol).

I would go either the 35/40 or a 40r.

If you go the smaller one if you decide to go a little harder later you will have to get a bigger turbo.

I'm running a 35/40 on a 25/30 Combo but it hasnt been run in yet and hard tuned so it is really docile at the moment so I cant comment on the power advantage.

Anyway my 2 c do with it as you will.........

GO BIGGER :)

Cheers

Imtorqing

Seriously no one has a 30/40 on their gtr? Is it because its too small :).

Im running a 3040r garrett on my 26, with a .82 rear housing, jun 264 deg cams with 9.2mm lift, china hi mount manifold, 50mm greddy gate, no adjustment of cams gears, no timing in the tune, boost was coming on high in the 2k range, like 2800-2900 and on song around 33-3400..

a 3040 is still good for 600hp, so its hardly a small turbo, and if like myself your chasing response, a better way to go, i was considering a 3540, but after chatting to sydneykid about it, he felt the 3040 would be better to achieve my goal of boost by 3k

Im lost with all the Garret talk these days. What are the specs on a 30/40R, is there several versions

I never knew about them either but the sponsor will specify me with the front and rear details.

Im running a 3040r garrett on my 26, with a .82 rear housing, jun 264 deg cams with 9.2mm lift, china hi mount manifold, 50mm greddy gate, no adjustment of cams gears, no timing in the tune, boost was coming on high in the 2k range, like 2800-2900 and on song around 33-3400..

a 3040 is still good for 600hp, so its hardly a small turbo, and if like myself your chasing response, a better way to go, i was considering a 3540, but after chatting to sydneykid about it, he felt the 3040 would be better to achieve my goal of boost by 3k

What sort of power did this make, at what boost?

What sort of power did this make, at what boost?

300ish at ten pound, with a limit set at 6k, as the thing was running out of fuel, was tuned safe as it was entered int he dutton rally and i hadn't had time to complete the propper fuel system for it, im about to get stuck back into it shortly, so ill post up the power and a graph when its done properly, im only aiming for 4-450 needies and that will be ample to bake the rears for drifting, which is what the ca ris mainly intended for with some circut racing and stuff like dutton rallies thrown in for fun

Acording to everyone feed back, this turbo seem to be not as laggy as i expected.

On a healthy engine, will i see 300 to 320kw@wheel?

yes you'll see that power

laggy depends on the housing you have..

mine is getting full boost @ around 5000rpm with a 1.12 rear housing.. i have just picked up an 0.87 housing, yet to put it on and see ..

so can be laggy, depending on what other things you use with it .. tune (timing advance off boost etc), boost controller, waste gate spring setting etc etc etc .

could only expect better response on an rb26 .