SAU Community

Ebay Buying Car Items...

Chi100188

Has anyone used ebay to buy their car items? e.g steering wheels, and stuff like that along the lines to do with their cars....? can someone shed some light on me and tell me if its reliable...the pro's and cons and etc etc...

Cheers

Chi

I have never actually been "ripped off" on ebay, you just gotta be aware of the fake copies going around nowadays.

I bought a "Blitz" pod filter. When i got it, it was a supercheap pod with a blitz sticker on it.....

Check the sellers rating and feeback.

If your buying something for your car on ebay and its a "China" copy, make sure it has no moving parts.....ie steering wheel vs a turbo.

bought a clutch kit of a guy on ebay for my excel

no worries

shipped in 3 days (and that was from over east over the weekend)

cost me $160 plus shipping (my mechanic reckons that they are bought $200-300 from hyundai)

but yeah - check the trader rating etc etc, if its a shop its usually a little bit more reliable - so see if u can get the shit thru a ebay shop

Yep the posts above sum it all up. Buying stuff off ebay comes down to checking their trader ratings and where possible avoid items that need to be well engineered as there can be a lot of fake stuff on there (if a trader has an excellent rating and feedback it can be worth giving it a go.)

Good luck.

bing...i have bought from rims to exhaust canopies for the kitchen....alll good

check traders rating... read all the crap they stick in the auction

look carefully for wordplays as well.. some auctions are worded to screw you

just be cautious

if its too good to be true.. it usually is

i got screwed on a turbo . matey said it was a t28 in perfect condition where in fact it was a t2 that was shagged . had big slagging match with the bloke after we left bad feedback because he wouldnt answer emails. eventually had to get a refund from ebay after proving that turbo was crap and worthless. thanks to HYPERDRIVE for their help.

matey on ebay has done a runner.......also threatened to beat me up even though he was in brisbane.......and im in perth.

kermit

and *always* check cost of postage, some gear maybe cheap, but they jack up the cost of postage.

i had a win on ebay the other day with getting a full set of potenza ajustable dampening shockies with lowerd springs for $100.00 with $25 postage, but cost the poor guy $137 to send it to me. if you are out there know they have gone to a good home.

and *always* check cost of postage, some gear maybe cheap, but they jack up the cost of postage.

i had a win on ebay the other day with getting a full set of potenza ajustable dampening shockies with lowerd springs for $100.00 with $25 postage, but cost the poor guy $137 to send it to me. if you are out there know they have gone to a good home.

WTF ?? That's CHEAP !!