SAU Community

Need Insurance? Want Cheaper Insurance?

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 can still and is very often a rating point. It's just that they've introduced others. And not all companies are the same. I'm sure Shannons use both 25 and 29, for instance, while LSV aim for the lower risk segment.

• 1 month later...

For grey imports?

Depending on your age, record, circumstances and your car's locality, value and storage conditions

Best options are still...

* Shannon's

* Lumleys Special Vehicles

* Just Car

...now that Guild Insurance and Famous are off the 'radar'

Just got a letter from justcar, im moving up to rating 1 and the new insurance is $98.09/month. That is with $1100 adjust excess.

My previous was $221/month, I'm assuming rating 2 (need to find the paperwork), and again with $1100 (I think) adjust excess, does that seem like a huge drop to anyone?

I'm not sure if I was overcharged before, or if its just combination of going to rating 1 (had this car insured for 1 year now), and some tickets/suspension dropping off or something?

I recently got a really good quote from lumleys, less than half what I'm paying atm. But I discovered in there pds illegal or non certified modifications will void insurance claims. Anyone know anything more about this?

Cheers,

Anthony

I recently got a really good quote from lumleys, less than half what I'm paying atm. But I discovered in there pds illegal or non certified modifications will void insurance claims. Anyone know anything more about this?

Cheers,

Anthony

Generally unless the parts cause the accident they must pay you out. I've never once heard of a claim of say having a BOV or a big turbo meaning say a rear end accident is not paid out.

If you put the wrong wheels on and they fall of causing an accident, then yes very likely they will void your claim.

What does the document specifically say? MAY void or WILL void? Does it have any examples? Ask them to clarify.

Generally unless the parts cause the accident they must pay you out. I've never once heard of a claim of say having a BOV or a big turbo meaning say a rear end accident is not paid out.

If you put the wrong wheels on and they fall of causing an accident, then yes very likely they will void your claim.

What does the document specifically say? MAY void or WILL void? Does it have any examples? Ask them to clarify.

Yea I did ask that question but the guy seemed to think it wouldn't be covered. I may have to look at it again, from memory illegal modifications were under the 'what's not covered section'... May have to read closely again, but that stopped me from rushing out and getting it, was upsetting as I thought I was about to save 1k!

Sounds more like they have specific clauses to stop modified cars being insured as they are high risk.

Go with a company that can explain their policies properly and give you a guarantee your car will pass.

Sounds more like they have specific clauses to stop modified cars being insured as they are high risk.

Go with a company that can explain their policies properly and give you a guarantee your car will pass.

Yea That was my thinking.

I may push the question further a see how I go.

Just ask for a copy of the policy booklet. It beats a verbal over the phone.

Yea I just searched the pds then, says anything the state it's registered in deems an illegal modification will void the claim unfortunately.

booki - you need to clarify which type of cars!

if its a standard i30 that you dont care about, any of the online insurers.

skyline?

all been posted in here, the best thing is to call eazch company, get a quote, read each PDS and choose wisely.

OR

pay a bit extra, go through an insurance broker who will find you the right cover and do all the hard work for you.

ant123 - of course they'd say that on the phone, most people will read it straight from the PDS

some people on the phones wont even give you a "hypothetical" of a situation.

their answer is the PDS with policy conditions, exclusions and limitations.

Just car cover any illegal modification provided it doesn't contribute to the accident. Go with them, wind the premium down and excess up providing you aren't a moron driver and everyone wins.

Just car cover any illegal modification provided it doesn't contribute to the accident. Go with them, wind the premium down and excess up providing you aren't a moron driver and everyone wins.

Yea thats who i went with 4 months ago.. might need to go back and revisit my preimums... they are so high though in comparison to other companies... with all the extra added premiums... i will be paying 2-4k excess (or knocking the agreed value down by that much which is already low imo).....

might see if i can do something with shannons, they were willing to offer an agreed value 8k better than just car.

Cheers,

Anthony

Even at shannons you pay more than just car and I am 25 with no claims or at fault accidents in 7 years of driving sports cars, and that was knowing someone who worked there as well. if you are likely to claim often shannons will work out cheaper but I don't plan on driving my car into a tree every few years hence so far just car has been better value.

Edited by Rolls

Even at shannons you pay more than just car and I am 25 with no claims or at fault accidents in 7 years of driving sports cars, and that was knowing someone who worked there as well. if you are likely to claim often shannons will work out cheaper but I don't plan on driving my car into a tree every few years hence so far just car has been better value.

Ha, im in the same boat.. same age, same history.. i to plan not to crash my car!

I may revisit my excess with Just Car then...

ps just read shannons PDS, it states they will not cover illegal modifications, but it does not say it will void a cliam, but as you said, they are more expensive than Just car, even on 'limited use' terms.

Advanced driver courses and defensive driver training can also lower the cost of your premuims.

I know AAMI will pay for you to do the Defnesive driver course and then lower your premium.