SAU Community

Stagea Manual Conversion Guide

tRUkbOY

there is probably a specific seal part, there is on the gtr and navara....i dont have one yet either.

problem is if you go silicone you need to be able to remove it again, the factory ones are a rubber seal with a bracket that screws into chasis

Yeah I think that a bit too much of the transmission tunnel was cut away to fit m gearstick in, so I don't know if the part will fit. I'll try and get one anyway, I'm sure I can fit it somehow.

Anywho, the car drives much better with the manual in, I'm so excited. all I need now is to fix the R&R problem I'm having due to my new turbo.

I wouldn't think so, the PFC is not looking for any auto connections.

Mine is Series 1, and only had to connect the reverse and neutral switches into the auto harness.

Hey Darrin, I bought a brand new S2 Stagea handbrake lever, through japanparts.com. Was around $140, and another thing, I've enquired about stagea parts through Nissan Aus, and they've told me they're not available, then I've enquired with japanparts.com, and they've been able to supply them.

I'd give them a try, takes no longer than through nissan aswell, bout 2 weeks.

S2 handbrake P/N: 36010-0V705

36010-0V705 is no longer available, so I have order 36010-0V700 which is suppose to be the same or very similar for a stagea after 10/98

I have order thru japanparts as Nissan aust do not have a listing or pricing for these parts.

Yeah I think that a bit too much of the transmission tunnel was cut away to fit m gearstick in, so I don't know if the part will fit. I'll try and get one anyway, I'm sure I can fit it somehow.

Does the series 1 have a hole at all to start with, or did you need to make the existing hole bigger?

I removed my series 2 tiptronic selector last night and there was what looks like a big enough hole already for the manual gearbox. Also the 4 bolts holes that hold the selector in place line up with the manual rubber boot around the gearstick perfectly.

post-14923-1183592297_thumb.jpg

Ah! that's the part I need! I'm just using some rubber I got from Clarks and some silicone to fix it, I don't think I need a boot that hefty.

This is a boot out of a skyline. All skyline's and silvia's are the same so you can use either one

Terminal, did you have to cut the floor???

What I did was remove the plate (which is just spot welded) from the tunnel, and spot

welded a plate from a manual skyline in there, with the hole in it.

Yeah mine had to be cut, so I don't think that boot would fit unless I welded in another piece of metal as Brendan describes. I'm not too fussed on that 'factory' look for my conversion so I'm just going to cover it with some rubber and sound deadening. It's all covered by the console anywho :)

36010-0V705 is no longer available, so I have order 36010-0V700 which is suppose to be the same or very similar for a stagea after 10/98

I have order thru japanparts as Nissan aust do not have a listing or pricing for these parts.

I've just looked through my emails from when I purchased mine, and 36010-0V700 is what I ended up with, it's the replacement for the part number 36010-0V705.

It fits perfect with no problems at all.

got mine back this morning, and it is great to drive.....so much more fun with the bloody auto gone.

The clutch is shuddering a bit I hope that is just the old flywheel i used, but otherwise it is sweet to drive now.

Only one real problem, the handbrake I have sits too low in the console - need to raise it by prolly 1cm so it sits right. Otherwise everything is sweet

well had even more fun today, we knocked out about 25 laps of wakefield park this afternoon, some in the damp, some dry. Gary's suspension is excellent but these cars really need more power than standard. Manual gearbox was beautiful.

But it was a pain in the arse to get moving for hill starts when I was towing the GTR yesterday.....price you pay I guess

well had even more fun today, we knocked out about 25 laps of wakefield park this afternoon, some in the damp, some dry. Gary's suspension is excellent but these cars really need more power than standard. Manual gearbox was beautiful.

But it was a pain in the arse to get moving for hill starts when I was towing the GTR yesterday.....price you pay I guess

Man, I'm hanging to get out on the track in the car, but I want to have all my gauges in first and at least get the suspension mods started. Maybe for the Texikhana I'll be ready... I might have even put the front split/dump pipe on.

Hahaha, as for the towing with the manual, you know what Gary's gonna say...

lol he's already said it, he was there with Matt's gtst yesterday :P Best lap I did was a 1.20, it would have had a 1.18 in it if I could have put together a clean lap....but thats still 3-4 sec slower than an equivalent gtst...you can really feel the extra weight.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my manual gearbox in last night. (what a pain in the arse. The box I have used is a 93-94 32gtr pull type box which has a speedo cable drive.

The Stagea and r33 GTR box uses a electronic speedo drive.

Most people here have used a R32 box in their conversion, so what electronic drive have you used

The auto stagea electronic drive will not fit.