SAU Community

Stagea Manual Conversion Guide

tRUkbOY

yeah it is I wanted a shiney new one too, the car deserved it, its so nice and so cheap I figured I could spoil it :D

36010-15U00 was from a S2 stagea I think. $102 + postage from Slide

That is pretty cheap for a new one

When I asked Nissan they said the Stagea one was not available anymore

I will have to quote that number and see what they say.

Just check that it is a Stagea one and not a R33/R34 one

The R33/R34 one needs the mounting feet bent to suit the mounting bracket you have

yeah it is I wanted a shiney new one too, the car deserved it, its so nice and so cheap I figured I could spoil it :domokun:

36010-15U00 was from a S2 stagea I think. $102 + postage from Slide

Checked with Nissan

The one you have is for a R33

Cost $163 plus GST trade price

So you will need the bend the mounting feet a bit to suit the floor bracket

So Slide once again is looking after SAU :wave:

Can someone give me the details on the bell housing bolts? I know a few of them need to be longer when you put the manual gearbox in. If anyone knows the dimensions of these bolts would they be able to post them up so I can save some time by having them with me at time of said conversion rather than running out to get them later.

Cheers

Hey Darrin, I bought a brand new S2 Stagea handbrake lever, through japanparts.com. Was around $140, and another thing, I've enquired about stagea parts through Nissan Aus, and they've told me they're not available, then I've enquired with japanparts.com, and they've been able to supply them.

I'd give them a try, takes no longer than through nissan aswell, bout 2 weeks.

S2 handbrake P/N: 36010-0V705

I think sometimes they can't be bothered sourcing import parts.

I've used japanparts.com quite a few times now, and haven't had any problems, works out a bit cheaper than through Nissan aswell.

I think sometimes they can't be bothered sourcing import parts.

I've used japanparts.com quite a few times now, and haven't had any problems, works out a bit cheaper than through Nissan aswell.

I order some parts with them aswell, good price and fairly quick

They quoted me approx $800 for a R34 Vspec lower lip delivered, and this was when the exchange rate was alot lower than it is now

Nissan aust want $1230 trade

SAVE YOURSELF SOME TIME AND READ THIS!!!!!

i better get rep points or something for this :(

I wanted to understand this a little better so i created a table in word for you all. Please download and modify to suit your requirements

I will perhaps build it with installation details alter on as i gather more information.

As i have not done this modification myself i urge everyone to do their own research on this. But here it is.. might save some people some time. It contains information from 3 manual conversion threads, and covers cost and parts sourcing for all required components to complete this modification. Total cost comes to around 3.5 grand for parts. It is only 2 pages long - and should clear the air a little.

Peace Out Homies :)

MANUAL_CONVERSION_TABLE_07_06_25.doc

Saves having to bend the R33/R34 one and tring to get the angle right

I'm a little curious about this as I used an R33 handbrake with no bending. Admittedly I had to chip some of the body sealant off but it sat flush with the tunnel. I used a second had bracket aswell which I just drilled out of an R33 sedan. Hell, no one can see the thing once the centre console was fitted anyway.

I'm a little curious about this as I used an R33 handbrake with no bending. Admittedly I had to chip some of the body sealant off but it sat flush with the tunnel. I used a second had bracket aswell which I just drilled out of an R33 sedan. Hell, no one can see the thing once the centre console was fitted anyway.

I used a new Stagea series 2 handbrake bracket, not a r33/34

So at a guess they are diifferent.

Maybe then, if you use a R33/R34 handbrake lever, use a r33/34 bracket.

SFOH@E$*Y&!Q!!

Halfway through the conversion, it turns out the clutch I have been supplied with is wrong, and I'm missing a part of the gearbox that works the throwout bearing. why does this happen to me!!

SFOH@E$*Y&!Q!!

Halfway through the conversion, it turns out the clutch I have been supplied with is wrong, and I'm missing a part of the gearbox that works the throwout bearing. why does this happen to me!!

Was it the little clip for the throw out bearing by any chance?

Was it the little clip for the throw out bearing by any chance?

Yeah that's one of the parts that I'm missing. I called JustJap in Sydney, apparently you can't get the part anywhere, which seems a little odd to me.

lol you aren't the only one with problems, mine has had a bunch of niggling troubles soon....fingers crossed it should be done for the weekend. I also had to do the call just jap thing at the last minute last week when I changed to a push type clutch instead of the pull I was thinking about using

All parts are installed. Just waiting on some gearbox oil to be filled and the ATESSA system to be bled and it's all done. I still have to fix up the electrics, but for all intents and purposes the car will drive.

How have some people covered the hole that was cut for the gearstick to come through? I was just going to seal it with some rubber and silicone, but if there's a particular item that fits easier let me know.