SAU Community

Stagea Manual Conversion Guide

tRUkbOY

just a word of advice

take your steering wheel off

THe same bit you use to take off the airbag module under the console, is the same type used on the side of the wheel to hold on the horn pad. then its a 21mm nut under the horn

then disconnect the two connectors and yank it off.

Well just to be careful, when I removed my steering wheel, I disconnected battery, then hit the brakes, tried turning the headlights on, to drain any residual power left in the system, then gently unplugged the airbag control unit, then unplugged the airbag, and did the reverse to hook it all back up, hooray, no airbag error light after 5secs of the car running.

lol, i just turned the car off, and unpluged the airbag.....i dont think ive ever unhooked hte battery for it

and no airbag light....cause there isnt wont

Well I didn't need to anyway, I have the new brake pedal box installed and the steering wheel back together.

This is a milestone for me as I've been doing everything at night with a hand held torch. I have many cuts and bruises now.

post-4352-1180436628_thumb.jpg

Well I didn't need to anyway, I have the new brake pedal box installed and the steering wheel back together.

This is a milestone for me as I've been doing everything at night with a hand held torch. I have many cuts and bruises now.

One of the hardest thing I found to do was removing and refitting the smallest part, the saftey pin on the brake pedal to booster rod.

lol, i just turned the car off, and unpluged the airbag.....i dont think ive ever unhooked hte battery for it

and no airbag light....cause there isnt wont

Do you mean there isnt one? Yes there is, middle of the dash in the centre of the speedo.

One of the hardest thing I found to do was removing and refitting the smallest part, the saftey pin on the brake pedal to booster rod.

That wasn't too bad for me. They hardest bit I found was getting that top bolt back into the pedal box. It took me about half an hour just to get that in. apart from that, I found that once you've undone all the bolts you can twist the whole steering column to get the bracket out of the way, and then the pedal box goes in really easily. I wish I'd figued it out while I was taking the old one out.... oh well, we live and learn

Do you mean there isnt one? Yes there is, middle of the dash in the centre of the speedo.

not if you take out that, 4wd, and the abs lights to pass inspection lol

I got my clutch in the other night, but forgot to stick a picture up. I managed to install the master cyliner, then realise I'd forgotten to put the clutch line in, which wasn't possible to install with the master cylinder in. So out it came, I put the line in an then back it went. All one now, however the engine is in pieces and I'm short a turbo, so no gearbox yet :D

post-4352-1181129585_thumb.jpg

Well I know it's not directly related to the Manual conversion,but I got my new turbo in last night. First time it seems really hard, but if I had to do it again it would be so much easier now I figured out the hard bits.

I'm going to clean up the gearbox next, then next week some time book her in for a gearbox swap!