SAU Community

Anyone See This?

Omurru

Firsty I didn't take the photo, one of my friends did, thats why it's so bad :nyaanyaa: But it was a skyline, it ran up one of those wires that hold telephone poles into the ground. Was in Northcote over the weekend.

post-14136-1152608715.jpg

noo not another skyline.. :P

hope noone was injured..

Ditto that.

But if he was driving badly enough to smash it like that, he didn't deserve the car anyway.

If he was unlucky, well, that happens, and I hope he can get it repaired.

The biggest thing that ticks me off is when some kids get a beautiful skyline or WRX from mummy and Daddy for their 18th, and they don't know how to drive it, treat it like shit and wrap it around a pole. Usually, they walk away, while a bystander or passenger is injured. It shits me to tears.

Personally, I wish there was a class of 'sports' licenses that were required to drive turbo or high powered cars. Although that would have to be regulated by the government, so probably a complete cock up anyway.

The sad part is, you see a smash like that, and a lot of people blame the car. "Too much power.." "Those imports are dangerous..." "Mavis, did you see that car? It must have been doing a hundred miles an hour, these kids today have no respect for anyone, in my day.. blah blah"

If only we could ban bad drivers. It's not an age thing, idiots come in all ages. It's not an experiance thing, people with 10 years of on road experiance can still be knobs. It's just that some people have neither the physcal ability or the mental capacity to drive a performance car in a manner that is safe for them and the people around them. Maybe getting CAMS involved would help. Where's little Johnyy's email address....

Ah screw it. Vote ME! Premier Koz, I'll remove the Hoon laws, Drop all import Tax on Jap parts and cars (If I become PM) and set up legal dragways all across the state.

.... I think I just convinced myself to become a politician.... :D

Man, the 'line is a very tempremental thing. I remember a couple of times, i pressed the gas a bit too much, and it just decided to slip the tires. Had to pull over and check that I hadnt dumped in my pants! Know the car, know the limits.

:D hmmmm, thats a damn shame, but yeah they can be pretty snappy at times. been there myself late at night + tired + wet road + forgot I had been playing with boost controller + bootfull of wow pedal = median strip, population me ;)

I had to scotch guard my drivers seat and throw away my pants ;)

GTSTs in the rain with not so good tyres and some good power = potential for bad news...u need to be careful and drive safely. We all learn...i have done that before and u sure learn the the rain and a GTST is not to be messed with.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I'm struggling with a similar issue on an RB26. Make sure you know whether it's volume or resonance. Mine seemed louder when cruising compared to at idle. I downloaded a decibel meter for my phone. Take my less than scientific results with a couple grains of salt, but the decibels were the same at idle and at cruise. Mine seems to be a resonance problem. At 2500-3500 rpm, the sound is different and "louder" to my ear. I think it's vibration from the pipe, the car body, the floor or something creating tone. Anyway, consider that it may not be strictly a volume problem.
    • Does this count as a time trial as well? I got all gold in the master super licence (1 lap time trial) and received a McLaren MP4/4 for my trouble.  If anyone else has done this, did you ride the wall right around the first long right hander at Lake Louise snow track to get gold? I couldn't do it any other way... best I could do without riding the was was within 2 tenths of the gold time.
    • I definitely get the low power, sporty car to drive to smash gears but not be doing eleventy million miles an hour! It makes all the normal drives fun!   Rev match tune sounds like the funs! I didn't know the NC had a DBW throttle!   As for me, still have the Skyline, it still has the Barra in it. It's been pushed to the side of the workshop at the moment. Pretty much waiting on me finishing the wiring, and dropping new fuel lines in. Got myself an ACDC Tig end of last year so been teaching myself TIG welding to build a few things for the Skyline. The missus wrote off her GTB liberty at the end of last year, and got it back on salvage rights stupid cheap. It's also still registered, so will mean easier for me to take to the track already done most of the panel damage, just playing "clear the workshop" to make space to pull the motor and box out, fix some oil leaks, replace the clutch, and replace a few minor broken things.  Also got a Lathe at the start of the year, which is adding to the annoyance of no space, which is another reason I'm trying to build things to get more space, to get the Lathe back in a final home for it. It's a BIG lathe, can turn a 355mm diameter, and 1metre between centres... Got it at a steal! So between it and the TIG and old MIG welder, I'll be fabbing some fun little shit up But we've had a lot of shit stuff happening at home, so it's slow going getting things done. But one step at a time!
    • I love Catalunya.  Got a 1:54.632. The AMG is a hoot.
    • I hadn't got that far, my main worry was the connection to the actual calipers themselves. I'm just using new (ish) stock brake lines in the stock setup. I've just had a stud welded to the knuckle that is a little lower than the original stud (so my knuckles have two studs each side) to not have it be stretched so far in previous BBK setups, so the "block" (in the second picture) mounts a little lower for me and I hope I don't need to change anything. I may have even changed the connection to the calipers in the past and have since forgotten I did that. I may not have. Guess how I'm gonna find out. Source: hopium