SAU Community

Whos Buying A Ps3

HR32_GTS-T

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just play online with the japanese or US servers. i've been doing it since november 06...

resistance on-line kicks ass. :(

just register yourself an account in canada or something.

hey michael,

how do u hook up to the jpn and usa stores.

also when do people think the local servers for resistance and such will be up, im dying to get an online game going.

cheers man. Mick

its very easy.

just make another account on your ps3, then sign up for an psn and when you selected the country pick USA, Uk, Hong Kong Or Japan.

I have an account for USA, JPN, HongKong and Australia; it just gives you more options on demos etc

cheers

Is there any way to use a wireless keyboard and mouse for resistance fall of man?

Not in resistance unfortunatly. But there will be games released in the future with keyboard+mouse support, like unreal tournament 3

I saw that MotorStorm game in action the other day, omg these machines kick ass. I'm very tempted to buy one now, I was going to wait until GT5, but I may grab one soon.

$1000 from stores, $850 on ebay, just need to make sure that warranties are still in tact if purchased off eBay.

Alright I haven't been too active since I picked up my PS3 but here is what I got and I will give you my personal view on what I have.

PS3: Very easy to setup but for some reason my sony surround sound doesn't like its video out being plugged into the tv with the PS3 plugged in as well but thats cool because I can have the PS3 plugged straight into the TV and the Audio through optical to the surround so I still get decent audio in games.

Menu setup is just like a PSP and very easy to navigate and the whole console is pretty straight forward to setup.

Motorstorm: The one game I was looking forward to the most for launch and lets just say it won't dissappoint. Online play can get annoying when joining a server because you have to wait for a race to finish and you have no way of telling how many laps are left in the race.

RFOM: Another great game and I am not very much into FPS on consoles. I finished the game in 2 nights with one of my friends and all 30 levels are pretty decent and playing late night with the lights off and surround sound there are a couple of those "crap yourself moments".

F1 CE: I haven't had a chance to sit down and play this game fully, but graphics are great on it and it is one of those games where it actually feels like your going fast while playing unlike alot of other racing games.

Tony Hawk: What can I say, Its another tony hawk game. If you have played one before then you already know all the buttons and most of what to do.

Ridge Racer: Well its ridge racer... Graphics are rather nice for the arcade feel and over all the game play is pretty smooth. Did I mention it was RIIIIIIIDDDGGGEEE RACER??

GT HD: I have never played really sat down and played a GT game. I know I had a PS2 and I have GT3 on it but never had the chance to spend some good time with it. GT HD is another game that is pretty good. It would be nice to have more then 1 track but the track feels different using each different car you get. There is a total of 10 cars and I must say this now, for those people that drift mode would be too unrealistic and too "arcady" it is far from it.

I am unsure about region locks for records but if it is setup the same as ridge racer it is a global thing. Most of the fastest times on Ridge Racer are people from Japan so as long as it uses a similar setup to that I would say its global.

ok so I bit the bullet & bought a PS3 today with MotorStorm & Ridge Race.

Unfortunately I was very disappointed, not due to the console, but due to my dam monitor!

I have a hp 2335 1920 x 1200 monitor with DVI & Component connections. I use this as my work monitor & wanted to double it up as my PS3 monitor.

I bought some component cables & set the system up in 1080i. I must say I was quite disappointed, nothing was sharp or anywhere near as crisp as say when I play Half Life 2 or Far Cry at 1920 x 1200 (also both PS3 games don’t look anti-aliased, the edges of the cars look a quite aliased!).

Ok so maybe it’s the component cables, I’ll upgrade to a HDMI to DVI cable (as my monitor only has a DVI input). Went out, bought the cable, got home & plugged it in. Didn’t work. WTF! Got on the internet then started reading all bout f#cking HDCP, what a load of shit.

Been reading reviews for the last few hours on what’s the best monitor to get which can double as my work monitor & PS3 monitor. The BenQ FP241WZ seems like my best bet, but I’m thinking if I have to get a new monitor to reap the full benefits of 1080p HDMI with 1:1 pixel mapping, I might just buy a new monitor outright. I might look into some 1080p HDMI HDCP LCDs & see if I can get something affordable to hang on my wall, would be pretty cool like at the end of my bed.

Downloading GT HD now. Really kinda sucks not having the optimum video output as I live for technology perfection, I’m sure once I have a new monitor I’ll love the combo with the PS3.

Edited by geno8r

Update: After playing games for the last 6 hours 'probably' my love for the PS3 has started to grow. I haven’t stopped playing it so I think it’s doing its job.

Motor Storm: great fun game, looks pretty good for a 720p game!

GT HD: Owwwwww so tasty, very nice graphics, excellent control ‘physics’. Can’t wait for GT 5.

Ridge Racer: Hmmmmmm, I think the game is fine, I love the new level designs, but for a 1080p game it looks no better than 720p, there's some serious aliasing going on around the car wireframes & the graphics just look like they could be refined, looks like the game was developed too quickly, still good fun & worth the play, but just really wish the graphics were better. My monitor & connection isn’t the optimum at the moment, should look a bit better when I get the new LCD & HDMI connection. *if you have ridge racer, would you agree the graphics are a little crud compared to the other games? I think they just look up scaled too much.*

RFOM Demo: woah very nice, just wish I had a digital connection running 60fps instead of my current component 1080i 30fps, it's a fast game! The colour levels need to be a little more dynamic too, the dark areas, shadows etc. need further darkening.

Now where's the new Wipeout & Killzone for PS3! :happy:

If wipeout fusion on PS2 is compatible to be played on the PS3, I'm so going to buy that game, always thought wipeout was one of the best games sony had & nobody else ever got! Excellent graphics, awesome music from famous DJs, & how could you ever forget the speed! :| that sh#t will give you epilepsy!

No they are not, the lighting is not as dynamic, and like i said the texturing looks very low res up close.

Also comparing it to DOOM which is a 3 year old game certainly doesn't say anything fantastic about resistance.

Well overall I think resistance looks better than doom 3 anyway, sure you can pick little things abouts games, but it comes down to the game all in all. I think the game play is a lot better too. Definitely going to buy me the full version, excellent game.