SAU Community

Quiet Non-restrictive Exhaust Systems For R33gts25t

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is mine (custom made) 3.5" from cat back, with the super sexy split dumps up the front (trust 80mm each i think from memory)

I should get a shot from the rear aswell. The car basically looks like it has a larger tip on a factory system from the rear.

Super stealth, super quiet (94dB) in street form. Obviously i'd drop the cat for non-street duties.

For a system that will flow upwards of 350rwkw, pretty good result i reckon.

Money well spent, is money saved on fines/hassles ive learnt.

gallery_709_1130_99651.jpg

gallery_709_1130_4677.jpg

gallery_709_1130_30517.jpg

BAM - Custom :closedeyes:

It does hang a bit low near the dumps, but will sort that one out.

94db while loud... for a 3.5" IMO is pretty quiet. Not a lot more to knock the few db off thats required.

And remember RB26's are measured (EPA wise) 400rpm higher than RB25's. So you've got more RPM to deal with aswell

I've got a 3inch Fujitsubo turbo back exhaust on my R33 GTR and it's very quiet. A bit droney in the cabin but nothing major :closedeyes: Even the muffler is nice, not a cannon just nice and simple, one exit... let me know if you want a pic (I'm aware you said GTST but meh, thought i'd try to help anyway).

Edited by TommO

BAM - Custom :)

It does hang a bit low near the dumps, but will sort that one out.

94db while loud... for a 3.5" IMO is pretty quiet. Not a lot more to knock the few db off thats required.

And remember RB26's are measured (EPA wise) 400rpm higher than RB25's. So you've got more RPM to deal with aswell

i've seen one like that before...

looks like a stocker outlet at the back too - single 3.5" outlet.

lol at that funny round rear muffler on your car :D

I also have a trust system and it is so quiet when idling and cruising. I have two Oval mufflers in on the system with a custom split front pipe and catco hi-flow(which half of it collapsed) wrapped in heat wrap until the first muffler excluding the cat.

Things Ive noticed -

Canons are always almost louder, unless the company has gone to great extremes to quiet it down..

Exhaust Wrap made car louder?

Hi-Flow made car louder..

Id like to know exactly what system I have..anyone have any pictures of trust system with two oval mufflers.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Im also looking to finish off my exhaust system, At the moment i have an apexi cat back system, and it has a really nice note and is very quiet. What would you recommend in terms of dump/front pipe and cat?? im looking for something with ultimate flow but also it must be quiet as, i really cannot stand the constant loud drone from certain exhausts, and its the one thing that has stopped me from getting this done sooner

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP lol

Most of the gear the SAU Traders sell, is tried and proven (and well priced).

I reckon your better off buying from them locally... and any hi-flow 3" cat will sort you out

It will be a little bit louder, but it wont be a massive increase that you will hate.

I ran a 3inch dump and front pipe into highflow cat and finished it off with a Trust PE2. Best exhaust ever. Perfect compromise between the much lusted after RB growl and quietness. No drone at all and very quiet below 3000rpm. My new skyline has a custom system which is way to loud and will be replacing it with another Trust PE2.

For what it's worth I run an HKS Silent Hi-Power system and was very surprised at how quiet it was. The 'Silent' in the name isn't just a marketing ploy. It seems they are rated at 98dB but I would be very surprised if it's louder than 90dB.

This is on a GTT with HKS dump and Front pipes as well... x-force cat. It sounds wicked as hell when you open it up. Surprised no one else is running this system.

I ran a 3inch dump and front pipe into highflow cat and finished it off with a Trust PE2. Best exhaust ever. Perfect compromise between the much lusted after RB growl and quietness. No drone at all and very quiet below 3000rpm. My new skyline has a custom system which is way to loud and will be replacing it with another Trust PE2.

Agreed. PE2 is the way to go :P

Im also looking to finish off my exhaust system, At the moment i have an apexi cat back system, and it has a really nice note and is very quiet. What would you recommend in terms of dump/front pipe and cat?? im looking for something with ultimate flow but also it must be quiet as, i really cannot stand the constant loud drone from certain exhausts, and its the one thing that has stopped me from getting this done sooner

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP lol

I was in the exact same situation a few months ago. Looking for better flow without the large increase in noise.

I had a Kakimoto cat back (2 oval muffler system), nice quiet note on idle and free flowing enough.

I ditched the standard dump/front for a x-force bellmouth mild steel one.

Replaced the compliance cat with a x-force 3in.

Tiny bit louder, but improved the flow and made 20kw more. Other changes were Stagea SMIC, iriduim plugs, silicone intake pipe and still using standard boost controller.

I have have dyno sheet if interested.

post-36493-1193705979_thumb.jpg

post-36493-1193706009_thumb.jpg

post-36493-1193706039_thumb.jpg

post-36493-1193706074_thumb.jpg

Mine's refering to a very open gtr system,

i run the trust front pipes, Same as nismod pictured above..

but i've modified my veilside 3.5 inch exhaust, actually found it to be way too quiet so i cut out one of its large mufflers and it opened it up alot, yet its still very quiet considering what it has or more so hasn't.

before with the full veilside system it was very very quiet..

Edited by Angus Smart

Ive heard a lot of good stuff from guys using front/dumps and cats supplied from BATMBL, i had a bit of a captain cook and the gear he supplies fits my needs perfectly, supposed good flow and not a huge increase in noise at all, i would be looking at around thr 780 dollar mark including shipping to buy the front/dump and big hi flow cat off him. Plus i would have to factor in installation costs. I dont think thats too extravagantly priced??

Petern, you have had a good experience with xforce?? Was the 20kw gain with just the exhaust, or with the intercooler and plugs? Ill be purchasing a Power FC, also splitfire coils, NGK sparks and a new fuel pump at around the same time as the rest of the exhaust, so combined all that with my Front mount i should see some healthy gains :P

A local exhaust shop in Albury can supply me with x force stuff, but from what a lot of people have told me, theyre not quiet really at all, with a constant tinny sounding drone?

But i guess it also comes down to the muffler and cannon choice as well in regards to noise levels/exhaust note....

Petern, you have had a good experience with xforce?? Was the 20kw gain with just the exhaust, or with the intercooler and plugs? Ill be purchasing a Power FC, also splitfire coils, NGK sparks and a new fuel pump at around the same time as the rest of the exhaust, so combined all that with my Front mount i should see some healthy gains :thumbsup:

200kw at around 11-12psi shouldn't be too hard.

this is my first experience with x-force, so far so good - for me it is a cheap and effective alternative at $355 from justjap

20kw was from the mods i mentioned.

red line - kakimoto cat back, original Autoline spark plugs! :D way too rich!

blue line - the mods i mentioned which increased the boost a little. AFR better but still too rich

post-36493-1193723349_thumb.jpg

Edited by petern

Yeah im hoping for around the 200kw mark, thats enough for me to have some serious fun!

X force are a helluva lot cheaper, which works really well in my favour, since im such a poor **** haha

quite a considerable gain from the dyno sheet, definitely a worthy mod to perform on my car.

the x force set up loud at all?? or not too bad??

When I first got my car was told it was 3" from the cat back into a jasma muffler and compliance cat and it was a tad loud but not booming loud. Sounded just right.

Last weekend I installed JJR split front/dump pipe and Xforce high flow cat and also noticed my exhaust is 3.5" from the cat back into some kinda resonator then into the jasma muffler and now its sounds good. Not loud at all and not quite. Id prob be a lil under the DB limit and I love it.