Ecutalk Consult Lcd Displays

NewKleer

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey pete looks like you've put a lot of time and effort in to this.I'm very interested in this,but wouldn't be able to get one till late jan early feb.is it necessary to have a laptop.

also would it be possible to put a dimmer on the display

thats right, peak values are just since its been turned on

time trial times, option settings are stored when unit is off

hmm, oh well no point me complaining now. Was surprised as the ones Impakt made store in memory peak values.

Also, how accurate are the km speed readings? cos it reads up to 10km slower than the speed shown on dash, and i stil have stock wheels/tyres so rolling diameter is stock.

itd wouldnt be hard to have them stored in memory permanently, but then you would have to reset them to know if the peak value u got was from this time or not - for me it was much more useful to have it only for the current session

i assume that the speed km readings would be more accurate than speedo (i think by law speedos cant read lower than actual, so most of them read too high). the fact odo trip/distance in time trials are so close means that speed read by consult must be as accurate as odo input, which means if there is still a difference, then its solely speedo gauge thats not correct.

u mean newer as in the car is newer?

will probably not make much diff, and what i said before also may not apply for imports.

without having a known correct standard to measure against, the real answer as to which is more accurate is "who knows?"

• 3 weeks later...

ive decided to hold off on the next batch till after i finish uni (ie july this year). going to spend a bit of time on the ecutalk software and maybe do a batch of plain consult interfaces before then.

wont really have enough spare time to doing another lot before then (esp the risk of money issues if they dont sell quick enough and given im not at work full time while uni is on, dont want to risk anything)

im still hoping to get some time to add the trip meter screen ive mentioned randomly (so if i get that done existing users can upgrade to that version)

Just in regards to this..

Ive decided that because I have my track day coming up on the 26th and I want to keep the display in the car at the time im going to make up a bracket so the lcd wont move..

I'll let you guys know along with some pics..

if i do another lot the displays will be dimmer anyway (to reduce power and make them slightly less bright), but itd be too hard to put a dimmer on when it would serve little purpose and only add to the cost

Pete I was looking at mine and I dont think I would want it any dimmer?

I am OLD and all but it is just legible to my eyes now and any dimmer in daytime would be hard to read.

Just my 2c and maybe doesnt apply to younger guys with better eyesight. :laugh:

I dont honestly know how I would have been without this unit over the last month or so trying to yet unsuccesfully fix my ERROR 34 Knock Sensor.

I can defeat it when wiring in the old sensors with a known faulty loom on one sensor??

And replacing the entire wires from the ECU to the Loom Plug to Knock sensors with proven continuity to sensors still gives ERROR 34!! &^$%^#

The new annular SR type sensors with Fuel Injector type plug MUST NEED THE RHS PIN TO WORK!!

I was told its the LHS PIN if the socket is on the bottom looking face down on it which is how its wired!

Its the only thing it can be!

Sorry for rant.... &*%($#**%^#(*^

yeh theyre all gone now - the last 5 took 5 weeks to sell, so no one has any excuses for missing out :laugh:

in daylight, 95% of the light for viewing display comes from natural light - the LED is useless. making it twice as bright will only improve daytime viewing by about 5%...i think maybe you want to angle the display more towards the driver

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes:

1) a trip meter screen (fuel used, average economy, speed, av speed, trip time, distance, etc),

2) a MPG option for the yanks.

3) maybe a secondary sensor screen (to get anything thats not on main screen, like switches such as fuel pump on/off, TPS closed/open, lean/rich, ecu self-learn O2 alpha values, etc),

may be other improvements to current features, like continually monitoring fault codes when in fault code display, etc.

once i finish uni ill have a lot more time to spend on things like this.