SAU Community

Ecutalk Consult Lcd Displays

NewKleer

yeh i can do that (i did pm u ages ago but i guess u dont check em!)

i assume ull do your injectors/turbo before say mid-year? (which is when ill likely have the trip meter stuff done around)

yah got your pm in dec saying that a new version would be out jan/feb... tis all good...

doing my turbo pretty soon so might grab an upgrade when youve got a moment and anotherone when the new software is out if thats ok?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

will do.

i have a few prototype displays available. these are functionally the same as the normal displays, and will be firmware upgradable etc like the others, main difference is they come without the black box/enclosure (which may suit people as the LCD alone is much slimmer to mount somewhere.

$175 + post (express 7, registered 10). If you dont want the integrated consult interface, then you can minus $10 off that. add $6 if paying by paypal. i can also supply display with leads for you to hook up your own buttons (rather than using the ones on board). cable lengths can be whatever you want.

see http://www.ecutalk.com latest news post for more info, and a couple more pics

custom7s.jpg

thats right, consult is a nissan thing, if apexi implemented it then they might have visits from nissan lawyers :D

look into fc datalogit (or something to that effect). i think paulr33? has compiled some form of powerfc faq somewhere which might have info on it, not sure.

• 1 month later...

i can actually make 1-2 prototype ones, with the normal black enclosure, except it will just need a bit of black tape on ends to ensure it doesnt pop open (shouldnt anyway, but just to be sure).

gap1.jpg

you can see how theres a bit of a gap where the bits join. it would be $190+post for that

the next batch, im considering changing straight away to a 20x4 setup (rather than doing another lot of 40x2 characters setup same as this one) which isnt as long, has buttons on front, and would fit in a DIN slot (<50mm high) if required. eg 125x45mm (rather than 188x39mm like current one). price of next lot would be determined by how much the plastic enclosures cost, maybe around $220 mark? theyll be as cheap as i can make them, cause everyone should have one!

the next batch will be, at this stage, around september mark.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

the main part needed to run the display wont be available till ~12 dec (at current estimates by supplier). so i guess thats a rough aim for me to have all the hardware done and ready by.

then its just a matter of how many features can be put in before a limited (or full) release.

if i can get the firmware updating working fine (ie you can update firmware on unit yourself like you would with a adsl modem or computer bios) then ill be able to get them out sooner than later.

ive already bought 30 lcd modules, and probably have half the parts needed for the boards already. need to finish off design of PCB and get some prototypes made, hopefully by start of next month. then need enclosures done...once enclosures are ready, final pcb to be manufactured/assembled (hopefully wont need to do most of assembly myself), and then a lot of work on the firmware (the stuff that runs the display)

• 4 weeks later...