SAU Community

Official: Sau Tokyo Auto Salon Meet Up

Rezz

here is my jap mobile

090-9621-7318

the phone is shared between us so just ask for Senna if it isnt me answering the phone...

going to a few secondhand autobacs in kansai for the next couple of days, any advice which one is best?

oh can someone post a detailed directions to crystal and upgarage in chiba, pls? I got some from the forums but was wondering if anyone could do a more detailed one

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Tickets: I am trying to buy tickets online at the moment for Friday and Saturday but the website is down for the ticket store. Is it safe to just leave it for the day and just buy it at the show?

2) Mobile Rental: Any recommendations guys? I'd love to organise a phone before I go but not sure where to start. Any advice is appreciated :laugh:

1.) dont stress about tickets too much. you can just buy them when you get there from any lawsons convenience story. They are only about $20 at TAS anyway, or around $17 if you buy from a lawsons before hand. I'm not sure if they sell the friday tickets (friday is only a half day from 12 or 1 oclock to 6pm). I think you can probably just buy the friday afternoon tickets at the door, but you pay full day price, for half a day entry.

2.) rent one from JAL/ABC if you want one. you can pick up and drop off at the airport. just buy the domestic only phone, not the international phone. otherwise you'll get reamed on call charges.

nah, it's only friday MORNING that is press only. the public can attend in the afternoon, but most dont bother as you only get a few hours there that way. plus some of the stands dont have all their staff and goodies there on the friday. Like I said above, I'm not sure if you can pre-buy friday afternoon tickets but you can definately buy one at the door and attend the afternoon from 1pm or whatever time it is.

Have fun guys. I went in the late 90s and had a blast! Met Keiichi Tsuchiya and got a signed calender too. At that point I only knew he was a super touring car driver! Anyway should be worth a bit now. BTW I got to go on the "industry only" day (friday) so I cant garantee the same for you guys :wave:

I bought my ticket for the Friday afternoon session, and also an open Saturday/Sunday ticket. All set now, all I have to do is organise a mobile phone like Beer Baron suggested once I get to Narita airport.

Just doing a status check:

WHO'S EXCITED?

* I know I am * :D

I just went to visit J`s Racing in Kansai

man it was awesome!

tried to go to HKS Kansai Service but found there was no nearby train station damnit, visited 3 secondhand autobacs and going to 2 more

not as good as I have been led to believe ahhaha but still found some rare stuff... like a full titanium exhaust including front pipe for 49k yen (albeit for DC5 integra) Bride Brix II in leather goes for about 70k yen which i thought was a pretty good price

cant wait to go to Top Secret and Nismo Omori factory, hope they spoke as good of an english as the guy who gave me a tour of j`s racing

I bought my ticket for the Friday afternoon session, and also an open Saturday/Sunday ticket. All set now, all I have to do is organise a mobile phone like Beer Baron suggested once I get to Narita airport.

Just doing a status check:

WHO'S EXCITED?

* I know I am * :dry:

good man, I'm glad you were able to pre-buy the friday arvo tickets.

BTW, I'd suggest booking your phone before you leave AUS. just go to the JAL website and you can book there. just remember to get the domestic only option.

and yes, I just had a thought and realised I will be at TAS this time next week :O :O

I just went to visit J`s Racing in Kansai

man it was awesome!

tried to go to HKS Kansai Service but found there was no nearby train station damnit, visited 3 secondhand autobacs and going to 2 more

not as good as I have been led to believe ahhaha but still found some rare stuff... like a full titanium exhaust including front pipe for 49k yen (albeit for DC5 integra) Bride Brix II in leather goes for about 70k yen which i thought was a pretty good price

cant wait to go to Top Secret and Nismo Omori factory, hope they spoke as good of an english as the guy who gave me a tour of j`s racing

You will LOVE Top Secret ;)

Dont forget to say hello to Nagata if you spy him floating around and try not to drool over too many of the cars :)

Oh, and damn you bastards going to TAS, this is the first time in 4 years that I wont be there due to work commitments, and im not happy about it :)

I will be attending on the Sunday... (>-<) because of work commitments :) Damnit!

are we still going to the salon together with Katoh like last year pete? one last blast eh? b4 you head back to the place with no Japanese tuning shops!

its Adz by the way, in case you didnt know.

You will LOVE Top Secret :D

Dont forget to say hello to Nagata if you spy him floating around and try not to drool over too many of the cars :)

Oh, and damn you bastards going to TAS, this is the first time in 4 years that I wont be there due to work commitments, and im not happy about it ;)

oh ill be sure to say hello to smokey again this year. man that guys got a wicked fro. to be honest he looks like a total geek with his glasses and all but you wouldnt dare tell him that. :)

he gave me a goody bag last year and the top speed poster with the new skyline "gtr" was wicked.

and his stable had some of the most impressive rides in the salon.

BeerBaron and lukits01:

I really want to go to some Autobac stores while I am in the country. Also, I want to visit places like HKS Kansai, J's Racing, and any other cool workshops. Can you guys be a pal and give me some directions on how to get there? I am pretty familiar with the Tokyo Metro and JR train system, as long as you tell me where to get on, where to change and where to get off. Info please guys! :kiss:

BeerBaron and lukits01:

I really want to go to some Autobac stores while I am in the country. Also, I want to visit places like HKS Kansai, J's Racing, and any other cool workshops. Can you guys be a pal and give me some directions on how to get there? I am pretty familiar with the Tokyo Metro and JR train system, as long as you tell me where to get on, where to change and where to get off. Info please guys! :kiss:

They are pretty easy to find :D

The Chiba Naganuma branch isnt bad, either is the Tokyo Bay store but they are very expensive and usually dont have much in the way of good performance parts in stock.

You can get store location maps from the Autobacs website and the front desk staff at your hotel should be able to give you some assistance.

Blitz: Good advice, thanks :D So where do you suggest I go so that it's not so expensive, and also somewhere that has a good range?

Beer Baron: I just booked my phone online as you recommended. Hopefully I will have a confirmation by tomorrow afternoon, and I'll let you guys know what my number is before I leave. :kiss:

Blitz: Good advice, thanks :D So where do you suggest I go so that it's not so expensive, and also somewhere that has a good range?

Beer Baron: I just booked my phone online as you recommended. Hopefully I will have a confirmation by tomorrow afternoon, and I'll let you guys know what my number is before I leave. :kiss:

RaceBorn: It really depends what your looking for.

I use different tuners and parts shops for the different parts I buy

Okay, lets say bolt on parts that's easy to carry (or reasonably so)

examples: gauges, racing harness, brakes, turbos, electronics (boost controllers, computers), oh and a good place for WHEELS!

If you can give me 2-3 that you think would be good to visit and reasonably easy to get to via Tokyo Metro or a JR line, please share, I'd be very greatful! :(

I am from Osaka but people recommended a shop called Crystal in Chiba (near Tokyo)

http://www.c-jpn.com/shopguide/index.htm

376-5 sonnou-cho,inage-ku,chiba city,chiba,japan.

tel:81-43-256-1331

From Tokyo station they need to take the "Sobu Line" to Chiba Station, then from Chiba Station they need to catch the Chibatoshi-Monorail to a station called "Sports-Center", then walk north past Maccas and a toyota dealer and it should be on the left!