SAU Community

Saturday Sprints - 28 October 2006

Bobjones

Thats a bugger mate. Hopefully you will be ready in time for the next lot of races. In regards to the speed, our factory speedo goes off the clock for quite sometime haha, but at a guess id say it would be that maybe a tad higher. Also we use a high energy circuit sump and it works great with built in baffles, one way doors and gates and an extended pick up.

Friday Fine Min 16 Max 27

Saturday Shower or thunderstorm developing Min 17 Max 30

Sunday Possible late shower or thunderstorm Min 15 Max 27

Monday Fine Min 13 Max 25

Tuesday Fine Min 14 Max 26

Wednesday Fine Min 19 Max 24

Not sure on the weather forecast though, don't mind rain, don't want to be stuck out here with a possible severe storm. . .

yeh woo woo its on tomorrow. Im excited! :D

yeah me too! got the falken semi-semi-slicks put on the gtr wheels today so i should be all set :happy:

ps. you have some serious rwkw there r33_racer!! ill have to checkout your beast

WHOA HOW MUCH FUN IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!1!1!eleven

how my day went: first three laps i was stuck behind a turbo xr6 then i got past him and two conners later my engine just turned off. got towed back and investigated and realised the hose from the FMIC to the turbo and come undone somehow - put that back and i was back in the action! my first three lap times (read: the falcons first three lap times) were like 1:12s. then second session had some traffic again but was getting a bit more comfortable with the whole thing (really started having fun). was stuck behind a subie for a while and last lap had a clean lap chasing some awesome looking blue r32 gtr. got a 1:07 that lap! then session 3 had nice clean laps and got 1:07s and 1:06s!! :sick: had we even had enough time to go out for a forth session!! :laugh:

best lap of the day for my was 1:06.15 which i was quiet happy with - the car can do quite a bit better if the driver just improves :D like mom alway said "practice makes perfect" so ill be back for more for sure!!!

was impressed with the amount of skylines too!! there was like 3x 31's, 3x 32's, and 2 or 3 33's

haha well our oil pump failed(assumed so far) and killed the motor. Such a bad day, first our new wheel alignment farked 2k worth of slicks on the front, chewed them right down to the canvas. Then the turbo blew, so I raced out to morningside and got another one, we fitted that and everything was ok but then the oil pressure started to drop and along the back straight it died completely. The engine was shut off asap, but it has ceased. So out it all comes this week for a rebuild. Not good at all, and because of the dramas i didnt get a go in the car :sick: But my old man managed a flat 60 when the car was running half descent before it shat itself completely.

Sorry to hear that.

Heat was a big killer out there, being a NA RB30e i don't have much anyway but i could really feel it lacking, still managed to pull a 1:08.95 even with the LSD not working. New tyres really helped me.

My mate in his R31 GTS1 pulled a 1:07.69 and his old man in the stock R33 GTS-t S2 ran a 1:06.40.

I was out there yesterday to watch a mate (the blue ae86) - first time I've been to the sprints and I couldn't believe how hectic it is. Cars everywhere in the pits and almost always cars out on the track. Real variation of cars tho, so it was great to watch.

I can't go near QR without my camera gear, so I got a heap of photos while watching. I don't know which of the cars were SAU people, but here's some of the skylines:

sas_oct28_074.jpg

sas_oct28_088.jpg

sas_oct28_089.jpg

sas_oct28_102.jpg

sas_oct28_121.jpg

sas_oct28_127.jpg

sas_oct28_130.jpg

sas_oct28_133.jpg

The rest here: http://fulllockphotos.com/?album=SAS_Oct28

I tried to get shots of every car, but if you were out there and can't find any of yours then PM me and I'll take a look.

I like his ae86! you have any pics of me cerb? im in the r32 KAB :(

here are few pics we got:

http://www.users.on.net/~jezza323/SAS0610281/dscf1339.html

as for mods azzurra - not that much... have teins adjustable coil overs (which helps ALOT!!!), gtr fuel pump, 3" apexi exhuast, FMIC, 11psi boost... and some wets (semi slick wets)

im happy with my low 1:06 but not exstatic... i had two friends there... the one has a non turbo aussie starlet (http://www.users.on.net/~jezza323/SAS0610281/dscf1321.jpg) and he gets low 1:08's and my other friend in his civic (http://www.users.on.net/~jezza323/SAS0610281/dscf1331.jpg) got like a 1:02 (not sure about his best for the day)

Top marks for the pics.

Saturday Sprints are on my to-do list for next year but I plan to be there for a bit of spectating if there is another round before Christmas.

All I have to do is learn a bit (lot) of car control, and grow some goolies :laugh: