SAU Community

Bathurst Accident

Whiplash

The accident that happened on top[ of the mount today has left both Mark Porter and David clark fighting for their lives.

From what i heard from the track one of the drivers (i'm unclear on which one) arrived at the course medical centre under cardiac arrest. Both drivers have major head, neck and chest injuries. They have been air lifted to sydney where their families have rushed to be at their side.

I hope the best for both drivers who have young families.......

I hope this is the correct thread for this.

The accident that happened on top[ of the mount today has left both Mark Porter and David clark fighting for their lives.

From what i heard from the track one of the drivers (i'm unclear on which one) arrived at the course medical centre under cardiac arrest. Both drivers have major head, neck and chest injuries. They have been air lifted to sydney where their families have rushed to be at their side.

I hope the best for both drivers who have young families.......

I didn't know where the appropriate place for this thread would be

I saw the accident on the news, the odd thing was it didn't look like the crash was that bad, there have been worse accidents than that. I guess they just got hit in the wrong spot.

What speeds do they do in that section of the track?

Just saw the footage, hit in the drivers side, not good.

Edited by dontfeelcold

that was a really nasty accident, I hope Mark is OK apparently he required CPR at the circuit. 200klm through there at full speed so assume he hit the drivers door still travelling at atleast 100km/h.

I do note, however, that there was a waved yellow flag in the background before the second and third cars hit.

And as a racer this is something that really annoys and worries me. Inthe highest levels of motorsport, the yellow flag means "drive as quickly as possible so you can catch the safety car or get to the pits".....since motorsport is so safe these days people do not take the safety aspects seriously enough.

no-one should be driving past a yellow flag at a speed where they can't stop within line of sight. I am not saying that is what happened here (it was only 6 seconds from spin to crash) but generally drivers are not careful enough these days.

I hope that this incident can at least make everyone think about safety again

Hey all !!

What a day

Just got back from bathurst, It hapen in front of us could not belive it still getting the glass out . This would have to be the worst i have ever seen things i seen i wish i had never seen i still cant belive it ,The noise it made was incredible ,just looked at the pics on the camera (yuck)

thinking of you both David (36) &Mark(111)

Fitzy

they had fottage from before the accident and there was some oil coming out if the back of porters car so the cars behind may have run through that. still no excuse for not slowing down

i have just heard that they are now both in surgery in a hospital in sydney.

hope they bith pull through to 100%

I can't believe it..

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20545896-1702,00.html

Sad to hear that i'ts happened.. I remember when Peter Brock died, the head of V8 supercars came on and said all about circuit racing being safe and all rally should be restricted.. unfortunately today shows that noone is safe..

RIP..

http://www.smh.com.au/news/motorsport/japa...0246009207.html

Another death down in Vic on a raceway 2..

Edited by Links