SAU Community

Project R32 Gtt

Hey guys, first time posting to SAU but have owned my R32 GTS-t for a year and a half now. i got it from a guy in gelong for 10,700 unreg and all it had was a 3" turbo back exhaust and done 80,000 on the clock. Not bad i would say.

Apart from the police liking to defect it for bald tyres the car has not had one mechanical problem but now I have become thirsty for power and the lack of low down power in the rb20 is becoming more and more annoying every drive so i have a plan.

I have 2 options and want people's opinions on them but first the shoping list:

Strut Braces (F/R) $198

TEIN Super Street Coilovers$1280

TEIN EDFC $650

Kaaz 2way LSD $1050

HICAS Lock Kit $100

Adjustable Camber Arms $300

Caster Rod $249

Pineapples $99

Bushes $150

Whiteline Swaybars $350

Bee*R B5 Racing wheels 18x9.5 $1996

KKR-480 Turbo $895

Xtream Clutch kit $250

Apexi Power FC + FC logit $1500

Greddy Intake Plenum $900

Hybrid Intercooler + custom pipeing $600

Short Shifter $200

Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller $750

Exhaust Manifold $500

Bosh in tank Fuel pump $260

Oil Catch Can $80

Battery Box $25

Surge tank $200

GTR Injectors $500

Bucket seats $400

The options:

1: RB25DET Neo conversion, hence the project R32 GTT(im not just some fool who dosent know they changed the gts-t to gtt in the 34's) the pro of this is that it will be a good base and already having 206kw, with all the extras on it will with out a doubt forfill my power thirst. the Con's of this is that finding one with evrything i need was harder than i expected, The laber will cost a bit and the engieners cert.

2: RB24 hybrid, i read about thin a HPI Mag and a mate sugested it cause not only will the RB20 become an brand new engine but with forged pistons i would be able to pump in as much boost as the turbo can handle and no need for and engine cert. Cons are as good and unique as the RB24 will be there will always be limits to the out put that the engine can make and i dont want to over stress an engine that cant make the power comfotably. also rebuilding the engine wil probly coast the same as a conversion.

so there are my ideas please post you views, any other things i may have not know or what you think would be cheeper and better. thanks all

.:Rifleman:.

you will encounted alot of little fiddly problems along the way if you decide to go down the rb24 path as it is not a usual upgrade people make to their 20's and im pretty sure there would be a fair bit of machining work etc that would need to be done due to the new clearances. If i remember correctly HPI even changed their engine builder at one stage during their build-up. An rb25 is a much more well know, tried and tested way of bagging good results. You should speak to the workshop you take your car to and ask them their opinion as they are the ones that will have to do the work in the end.

Good luck and make sure you keep us informed as the build process gets going!

An rb25 is a much more well know, tried and tested way of bagging good results.

I agree, and I know of ppl who have done the conversion and got a certificate from nissan saying the rb25det came out in the r32 skyline meaning no need for engineers certificate. Its less likely to have complications and as above, is a proven way to get good results...all the best

I know of ppl who have done the conversion and got a certificate from nissan saying the rb25det came out in the r32 skyline meaning no need for engineers certificate.

how and where did they do this cause i am all for saving cost's. engineers cert means i have to at least do a brake upgrade and thats an extra 2000 if done right.(the only way i would do it)

I Also cooked up another idea last night (I tend to do this often, im a security guard and sit on my ass for 12 houts a night) about useing a RB25DE Neo that are $1000 and add forged pistions & rings for $1200 and building it in to a DET. thet means i can throw the DE in, get a engineers with out needing brake upgrade cause there is no added power. also internals would be stronger for more boost. I am not sure how hard it is to turn a DE to a DET so I must read up on this. anyone with expirence please post

I Also cooked up another idea last night (I tend to do this often, im a security guard and sit on my ass for 12 houts a night) about useing a RB25DE Neo that are $1000 and add forged pistions & rings for $1200 and building it in to a DET. thet means i can throw the DE in, get a engineers with out needing brake upgrade cause there is no added power. also internals would be stronger for more boost. I am not sure how hard it is to turn a DE to a DET so I must read up on this. anyone with expirence please post

In theory that is alright if you're changing everything like injectors, but I believe that the de injectors are smaller, so you'll have to factor that into the budget too.

Or you could just upgrade the brakes... you'll need R34 GTT brakes if you are using the Neo engine, they arent very expensive, and you can sell your r32 gtst brakes to some S13 hoon too.

Or you could just upgrade the brakes... you'll need R34 GTT brakes if you are using the Neo engine, they arent very expensive, and you can sell your r32 gtst brakes to some S13 hoon too.

Good point but the brakes im trying to bypass at the moment, they will come after the engine work

If you want 250rwkw, and not spend too much money. Go for a RB25DET (from a R33 GTST) + turbo of your choice.

250rwkw is a guess at what this engine will make, i hope i am very suprised in the end and i have never been a big fan of R33's nothing against them but i wanted to go for a newer engine and the more kw i have to start with the more i have in the end. also i wanted something unique, every one wants or has a RB26. it also seems like overkill to me for the power output. if i was chaseing 1000kw then maybe but im not.

If you want 250rwkw, and not spend too much money. Go for a RB25DET (from a R33 GTST) + turbo of your choice.

Have to agree with this much cheeper than the NEO, go something like a gcg highflow for the turbo and add some tomei poncams. As a base the NEO is not much better really