SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

So I'm selling Both of my new Apexi Power FC's, have got a response from the Apexi engineers and they say its my tune, but I've used the base map and played around with the timing in these areas with no results

So If anyone knows someone after an R33 GTST Apexi Power FC. I have 2 brand new ones. STATUS and others said they have had no troubles with these so it may just be an issue with my car, but I'm not really willing to chase it if they arent going to offer support.

Chasing $1100 for each Power FC. They are both the latest models, come with everything in box including new EL hand controllers.

Looks like I'm getting a link

Nah nothing to crazy, sensible car

just getting an A4, hopefully with an S-line kit and decent mags on it. Probably the only thing I'd touch would be the wheels. Park the Skyline most of the time, drive something that doesnt chew fuel and will be practical later in life. Thinking ahead and all that.

Should be sweet anyway. Bit nicer then a commodore

anyone know who stocks Motul 300v chrono 10w40 engine oil locally? tried calling autobarn but they were busy so i'll duck in there after work just wanting to know if anyone knew for sure a shop that has it in town.

cheers

I prefer Castrol edge engine oil over the Motul Oil. Castrol edge can cop a fair bit of punishment, tried and tested in our GTR and a lot of sport compact drag cars use it as well. Motul oil is very over priced.

I have Castrol edge in mine, honestly there isn't that much difference between them all. I perfer the Motul, it seems a bit nicer (quieter) with it, but at the end of the day most of the higher end mainstream oils will do the job.

I changed from Motul puerly to make life easier for me. I was having to order oil every time, where as going down to supercheap and grabbing a bottle of Castrol is much easier

I'm trying to get some info on Link + Link accessories but not having much luck with it. So far because I'm not that desperate for it I have just been emailing some Australian dealers and have emailed Link ECU direct. Link ECU gave me the closest dealer to me (Townsville) which I already knew but fair enough they are doing there job. At the moment I'm trying to find the info I need, I think I need the expansion cable to run the IAT sensor (as it uses an extra input) so basically I just want to know this and if they supply boost solenoids.

Also, My Power FC's are still for sale :)

Fault is with my car not the unit itself for those playing at home

Edited by 89CAL

That's the plan. Finally heard back from someone about getting one. Just gotta add a 4 bar map sensor and boost solenoid and should be a done deal.

Is there any setup for the knock control? I can see you can minister individual cylinders but I'm hoping it uses the stock sensors without to.much stuffing around. Haven't looked at the pin outs for the knock sensors might do that later

Vct setup looks easy, boost looks a bit harder to setup but probably just a matter of playing around with it. Hopefully won't be to hard to tune. Doesn't look to bad just alot more setup then the power fc