SAU Community

Pva_glue Going To War At The Korean Peninsula.

Pva_Glue

G'day all I would like to say thank you all for past 4 years.

Some you know me well and some you dont...(your loss) hehhe

anyway I have joined Korean Army and I will be away for next two years as Medic in South Korean Army.

It was hard choice to leave my family and friends, I've lived in Perth for last 13 years, I have been longer in Australia than South Korea.

I only have good no Great experience of Australian culture and people.

I am citizen of Republic of Korea and I believe its my duty to serve my own country and protect our people.

Its very tense in Korean penisula with north korean nuclear testing and break down of peace talk. However I beleive there will be peaceful solutoin to this... if not I guess I might have to actually use force, in my case fix people as medical officer.

As of next monday and next two years I will be working in Red Cross division of South Korean Army.

I will pop in say hello time to time :)

I wish you all for best of luck in your life.

especially I would like to thanks to Dan, Lizz and Boostzor and others sorry I forgot most of your name.

Thank you and good bye.

Cheers

Joey :P

I'll Be Back... :)

Even though I never got to meet you, best of luck with everything. It takes a lot of courage to take such a big step and the world would be a better place if there were more people as selfless and as caring as you in it. Good job mate you should be proud of yourself.

All the best,

Sasha

:(

Just keep your head down and only volunteer for stuff like getting drinks and reporting to headquarters and such and you will be fine. I hope Basic is not too rough though. Try to stay off gravel as we know you have trouble with your footing in that harsh environment :(

• 5 months later...

G'day all , I am still alive and kicking :P I can not believe its been 6 months since Ive left the Perth.

I am in ROK as Medical officer, working in the army hospital Orthopedic surgery. I have seen alots of bronken legs and cruciate ligament damages.

I am missing Perth Weather and clime. this winter has been very cold.

anyway jsut saying hello!

I might be going to Lebanon as UNIFIL Medic (as part of united nation peace core), I do not know if I did right thing to volunteer for woking in the hot zone of Middle east. just wish me luck not to get shot in foreign country.

take care you all.

DO YOUR BEST and WHAT YOU LOVE.

LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH NO REGRET

cheers

Joey

Hey Joe!

Glad to hear ya still with us Buddy, I am sure there will be another nice gun metal grey 33 waiting for you when you get back home!

How much longer you have left now?

All the best mate and on behalf of SAU stay safe and keep your head low :-)

I admire what you are doing Joe very impressed, its comforting to know there is still people in the world who are caring and thoughful of others.

Sweet, been a while Joe, Sorry i removed you from my list cause ure sister kept signing in.

Lebanon shouldnt be so bad id guess they are not running forward aide stations and all that other harsh stuff so im assuming you have a good working environment, well no QV1 but still. Good on ya for going over there, will be and interesting experience thats for sure, hopefully not too interesting :huh:

Same job description? still ortho?