SAU Community

Custom Stainless Exhausts

kermit

Hey guys .

Some of you guys may know me although i am generally more active on SILWA . I do not get to cruise much as i work nightshift but this is all about to change. For over a year now i have been fabricating Custom Stainless Exhausts and Cooler piping , mainly on the weekends but also during the week. Basically i got soo busy that the stress of working my own business during the day and then working nightshift and working weekends has destroyed my marriage. I have now decided to make my business a full time business.

My business name is KERMIT ENGINEERING ( to be registered shortly) and I am looking for declarations of interest of what i have on offer.

My main Product will be Exhaust systems. I will be offering Custom Stainless Mandrel bent Catback Exhausts for $600 to $650 ( customer to provide muffler ). These exhausts are built to sit as high as possible and are installed with custom Stainless hangers. All welding is TIG . $650 is for a 3" system , a 3.5" system may increase the price a little.

I will also be offering dump pipe back systems also but will quote these on a one by one basis. Obviously a GTR will be more than a GTST because of the twin front pipe layout. Custom dumps are also in the pipeline , first will be custom widemouth dumps and later on will be split dumps .

I also do Cooler piping . So far i have done S13's ( Ca , SR and Rb20 ) and will be offering this when i have the workshop running.

All my work is Custom . I am also happy to modify ' China ' or Xforce products as these never seem to fit properly .

Thank you for your time.

Kermit

So what do you think? :)

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about manifolds?

and maybe cat delete pipes? :)

You might have a hard time finding your niche, if your workmanship is up there (which it sounds like it is) you'll get the performance crowds attention and you'll be able to price it accordingly. On the other hand theres probably more ricer types wanting cheap exhausts for there shitboxes.

If you ever need an RB20 test mule I'd be more than happy to help out :rofl:

Best of luck with your new business

do i have a job for you!

i need some custom cooler piping made up to suit my forward facing plenum'ed RB25.

i am also after a twin exhaust for my 33 gts-t..

basically i have a 3.5"system on the car already, and i would like for it to split into a twin 2.25, or twin 2.5" system just behind the dif, and run one to either side of the rear bar, and exit with a 3" chrome tip on either side.

and preferably have the muffler(s) hidden from view.

it doesn't seem like that hard a job to do, just most exhaust places will only offer me the typical 3/3.5" with a cannon system, whereas i want something different.

let me know if you are up to it. :whistling:

sounds good mate. custom twin is no problem but i would have to check the clearance on the drivers side of the fuel tank to exit out of either side of the rear bar. As soon as i have premises sorted i will let you know but this sounds awesome. at the moment as i am still at home i can only do basic catbacks but i am trying to find a place with a workshop . once i have a place with its own workshop i can do this for you no problem. i am also in talks with a motorsports business about renting out part of their workshop. if i can work from home it takes the pressure off until its sorted out.

am definately up for it

kermit

do i have a job for you!

i need some custom cooler piping made up to suit my forward facing plenum'ed RB25.

i am also after a twin exhaust for my 33 gts-t..

basically i have a 3.5"system on the car already, and i would like for it to split into a twin 2.25, or twin 2.5" system just behind the dif, and run one to either side of the rear bar, and exit with a 3" chrome tip on either side.

and preferably have the muffler(s) hidden from view.

it doesn't seem like that hard a job to do, just most exhaust places will only offer me the typical 3/3.5" with a cannon system, whereas i want something different.

let me know if you are up to it. :D

gimme a look sometime Topaz. sounds simple enough. my GTR is for sale , i always wanted to do the same on that car but spent all my time modding the wifes sil instead.......then she wrote it off

kermit

intake plenums are a possibility. if this business is successful then i wil purchase an ac/dc Tig so that i can make these as well, although its not quite that simple . im a fabricator not an engineer.

Intake piping for a GTR with a D-Jetro?.

I need to those AFM's out of there....

gimme a look sometime Topaz. sounds simple enough. my GTR is for sale , i always wanted to do the same on that car but spent all my time modding the wifes sil instead.......then she wrote it off

kermit

Maybe take a look in your GTR and see if its doable. I will need to get some silicon connectors and clamps and some APEXi pods as well, so I guess the sizing will be guessed unless you have gap sizes with the pods available, yes?

Do you have a bricks and mortar yet or are you still to move into a shop?

Wil you do things like clamps and silicon connectors?

cheers

Tom

sounds good mate. custom twin is no problem but i would have to check the clearance on the drivers side of the fuel tank to exit out of either side of the rear bar. As soon as i have premises sorted i will let you know but this sounds awesome. at the moment as i am still at home i can only do basic catbacks but i am trying to find a place with a workshop . once i have a place with its own workshop i can do this for you no problem. i am also in talks with a motorsports business about renting out part of their workshop. if i can work from home it takes the pressure off until its sorted out.

am definately up for it

kermit

i've been under the car all weekend trying to remove my driveshaft, and there seems to be a fair bit of clearance for a 2.5" pipe once you get past the rear subframe. (thats where i want it split anyway)

the only issue i see is the tow hook..

Ok, Here a few pics of The 2.5" Stainless Cat Back Exhuast Sytem Made for a Silvia WA Member - DKC for his S13 Sr20de.

Was made From 2.5" Stainless and 1 x 90" Stainless bend (Not polished), Also DKC Supplied a Muffler to Suit it.

Will Try next time to get some better picture for you, But all pictures should work.

Some Pictures Of the "Drift" Angle you can get, also the quality of work, and I also just like the last pic :D

*Note the close up picture of the Weld, Was cleaned up afterwoods, this was pretty much straight after it was done.

Cheers

Image141.jpg

Image138.jpg

Image140.jpg

Image142.jpg

Image127.jpg

Image136.jpg

Image132.jpg

Edited by GTRboy

exhaust includes fitting of a cat ( stock or highflow , supplied by car owner) and same with the resonator. All of the jobs i have done so far have only required a single muffler . The sound from my GTR is blood curdling and i have so far had no problem from the police. although there was that one time where they couldnt keep up............

kermit

rough idea to fabricate piping for r34 intercooler?

does the exhaust includew cat and resinator? or just pipe

cooler piping for a r34 ? rough quote of 700 inc silicon and clamps.

i have yet to do a skyline and would provide a more accurate quote once i have the car in pieces as i can work out what bends i need etc.

will provide pics shortly of cooler piping that i have done

kermit