SAU Community

Deca Review

Snowman

It seems most people still aren't back from Shepparton just yet. But when they get back I'm sure there will be some stories so post them up here.

A few car drama's spoiled an otherwise great day in the heat. The technical layouts provided a different challenge this time that was for my part a nice change. Still - fun and fast will still be the main focus of these days in the future.

Anyways - thats all from me. I look forwards to seeing th footage of Vic breaking NSW.

Also - I'd like to put out a big thanks to everyone that help run the day. It was a difficult day to be out in the heat so it was a job well done. And we hope you like the exclusive shirts as a token of thanks.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, fantastic, well organised event !!!

We had the best fun in the Echo. :)

Big thanks to all the organisers, and all the officials, chefs etc., you Guys worked so bloody hard all day, AWESOME! :)

Vai o amigo rápido, reshpect teh Echo !!

Big thanks to all those that stood out in the sun all day or over a hot stove. Cheers.

Highlight, driving home in the air conditioned comfort of the Echo, when in the faling sunlight you see the headlights of Riverdance coming up from behind. Looking into the mirrors it looks awesome...the car has real presence on the road.

Yeah another top day, few hiccups with someone putting oil down on the skidpan .............. haha but still good fun and i had enough time on the pan by then anyways. Thanks to the organisers and those that officiated on the day!

Well it is a drought at the moment, so Snowie was kind enough to donate s few litres of Castrol so we could all have a play :)

...the back track rules as always...the skidpan was good value. But hand bakes...meh. OK you all had the last laugh when i needed to do a 3 point turn to get around because it was sop friggin tight :)

Well it is a drought at the moment, so Snowie was kind enough to donate s few litres of Castrol so we could all have a play :)

...the back track rules as always...the skidpan was good value. But hand bakes...meh. OK you all had the last laugh when i needed to do a 3 point turn to get around because it was sop friggin tight :)

Even with 3 piont turns the silver bullet was one of the best from a spectators perspective. If you're giong to kill cones may as well do it right :)

yeh awesome day - I went up to spectate as well - with Kyle, was mad - thanks to everyone - organisers, and drivers who were very friendly, ad willing to give people runs in their cars :)

A big thankyou!

Thanks to the SAU crew for another fun day up at DECA

:)

Here's a link to the pics I took on the day.

Clicky here

PM or email me for hi-res version/s

Bummer to hear about your car Snowy, I've got some cool pics of you launching :) but none of the lunching :)

Even with 3 piont turns the silver bullet was one of the best from a spectators perspective. If you're giong to kill cones may as well do it right :)

I so suck at this stuff. I should be taking it serious and trying to improve, but its just toooo much fun hammering the car. If nothing else i proved to Jamezilla it wasnt hi fault at Dutton, the car is just drawn to witches hats :)

Awesome day as always guys... Thanks to SAU etc for organising this and all the officials that helped out during the day...

Bit bummed about catching this cold or whatever the hell it was - sort of put a dampener on my sat'day night... I'm sure the other guys more than made up for it though! :)

Was a good send-off for my rexy too... Next deca I should be in the Mitsubishi camp :)

Cheers,

matt

* James on Troy's computer

Yep - big thanks to Racingline and all our officials, you guys really do make these days possible, we can't thank you enough. Also too a big thanks to Steve and Shaun from SAU NSW for coming all that way just to learn how to run a REAL event and that you stand no chance of beating us at anything :)

The day was a bit warm but a success all the same. The little red cheater car sure is fun!

Tired and in need of a shower - the after-hours stories (and oh, what stories) will have to wait for now.

Some highlights though...

Cougar - i want the fat one, i want the fat one

Juz - let's mace someone!

Sunshine Steve - bleurgh! (spews x3)

James

BTW - Nath, sorry we lost you this morning, Alan tried to call but your phone was off :)

Farkin ello kiddies.

all those mo's in one place should have a few mum's locking up children. It was a great few days again with the club. Thanks to all those that helped out whilst being burnt.

Cheater tyres do rule.

Looking foward to the start of the next season of learn how to thrash your car.

Thanks to the organisers, sponsors and volunteers ...

The sun was a killer even in the morning, while waiting for runs on the back tracks...

I couldnt get the handbrake working like it was at the last 1 until later on in the day, and managed to spin it right around when I did get it working....

The courses were a lot more technical, but were still fun....Knocking over cones was the best, because you get to drive back out there to fix em up :)

I might sit the next one out, and be back for the first one in cooler weather :)

What a superb weekend. Huge thanks to all involved with organising and marshalling. Tried to get round to most of the marshalls and thank them last night but sorry if I missed you.

Handbrake worked a treat which was my main aim for the weekend and the car returned home in one piece so the g/f is happy too and the locks havent been changed on the appartment.

Nath, as James said, tried you about 5 times and left a message as we lost you at the first set of lights. Sorry mate.

Riding coloured cows is great fun and walking through the KFC drive through was a laugh. Cheering at a white pintara with blue neons who kept doing laps outside taco bills to soak up the attention from us!

Scottie, revenge will be sought for putting tabasco in my straw so not only did I burn my mouth but also my eye when some was left under my nail! :)

Ace weekend, thanks again to everyone involved. :)

Once again, a HUGE thanks to all involved with running the event. And well done to the officials who stood out in the sun all day, you guys (and gals) ROCK!!!! :)

I've heard the stories before and seen the pics of previous events, and my first DECA lived up to all expectations. What a great day/night!!!!

Bad luck to those who had mechanical problems, hopefully all is good in quick time. :)

Highlights for me were the Long Wang, the swim in the pool at the motel in the afternoon, at Taco Bills, the...HOT SAUCE!!! OMFG :) That sh1t is EVIL! And not forgetting riding the Cows in the park outside the council offices. :)

Al....next time :P