SAU Community

Cheap Rb30 Power Up

fatz

Im hoping it will chirp second

Anyway the kkr 530 in basically a 480 with a front compressor the same size as a hks 3037…..Kkr 530 with nokia 1000 rrp

kkr530.JPG

Manifold is g-tech 249 + 35 delivery

turbmanifold.JPG

Dump has a v ban clamp 180rrp

kkr530dump.JPG

This is the full setup around the 1500 mark

Funnily the kkr turbo has the same thread as a stock vl turbo gear so all my braided lines bolt straight on

fullsetup.JPG

turbmanifold.JPG

199 for the china wastegate

wastegate.JPG

Anyway ill put her on the silvia and see how long she stands up to 14psi and hopfully 280rwkw

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pictures aren't quite big enough, i can't make anything out :(

while you probably already know that open collector + split pulse housing is a bad idea from a gas flow perspective, it's a really super bad idea if your turbo-manifold gasket is split pulse as well. it can break off in the centre section and go through the turbine, not a good thing. make sure you trim it down (cut the divider out) if this is the case. it won't be optimal, but it'll do the job.

cheers

ok.. one thing i really do not like.. that looks to be a splitpulse T3 exhaust housing on the KKR turbo.. however your manifold isnt splitpulse.. i wouldnt reccomend running that :S its allright with splitpulse manifold with normaly exhaust housing.. but otherway around has always been a big no no in my opion and many others i know of with vast amounts of turbo experience

might loose some grunt i supose... guess the exaust gass will take the easy way out and might make it a tad laggier.. guess ill find out

or i could put a divider in there .. but lets face it that aint going to happen due to lazyiness

oh and those cases are for my lub's and makup

:laugh:

Given the work/trouble you're going to, surely a day's down time + 100 bucks (depending) to put in a divider is worth it?

Despite the opinions about these units - and my own Garrett type leanings - I'm going to be interested to see how it goes.

yea everyone gives them a hard time

but they make the power and havent heard of any warrenty jobs

where is sydneykid.. if he says its need the divided ill putr on in and ill brace it some more so it doesnt crack as much

pete

• 2 weeks later...

yeah lovely pj's you sick bastard. intercooler on the bed ehh... I dont even want to know what the "inlet" looks like now.

get cracking big boy. i need a loaner car for the next skid pay day, and you are top of my list. :D

what was the verdict on the manifold? split or not split.