SAU Community

Bel Garage

I believe that while in the workshop they will be covered by BEL's insurance..

It certainly seems this wasn't just a random theft, they certainly new the place + what they were doing.. very sad.. has anyone been down there and had a chat with them??

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be tricky.

Resale value of a modded car isn't all that much (though in the case of these extreme modded vehicles, I'm sure it'd be substantial). Think of how many people buy a car for 12K, spend 10K on it and sell it for about 13K.

It'll depend on the type of insurance, the maximum cover, wether owners can provide receipts, etc.

Still, if there is any justice, they'll end up sharing a cell with some 7ft crazy bastard with a butt hole fetish.

I fkn hate thieves.

thats why my GTR lives here in Adelaide, and I can safely drive it without fear of it going walk about due to some "fully sik GTR bro" taking it without my knowledge....

sadly sydney is just not a nice place to live anymore....

It not safe anywere these day just insurance is cheaper in different states :D we lived in adelaide and never left the car were we couldnt see it and we do it here aswell always in our view

theft can happen anywere and if someone wants your car bad enough they will take it no matter what you alarm/security system you have :(

I hope they get caught cause if they dont they will strike again :( and thats just f@#ked :)

even if the car is worth $100,000 odd dollars, you cant replace the time and genius used to build such a car with money, very unfortunant for all involved but im sure if they provide footage i.e pictures of the vechile's then i'd hope insurance will cover them. only problem there is you cant take photo's of the 30k bottom end internnaly :D

very tru. but the fact the "alarm" was disabled is the worst part.

at my old work they stole 4 cars and ram raided etc etc .

the cops couldnt find any solid evidance so.. they turned artound and blammed my boss and tryd to convict him of the thefts.

i hate thieves and i hate retarded fresh coppers straight from goulbourn.

shit like this gets sussed as insider jobs

a place that i used to work at got done over, one worker did some overtime and when the workshop was empty and there was only the service advisors in the front, he went around to every sensor etc and disconnected/covered em up so when the alarm was activated it couldnt detect movement

anyways he came and loaded up cars, toolboxes etc and our own tools couldnt be replaced 100% because we didnt lock em up in a storeroom, we got given a set limit $5000 to spend on tools when cleary many of us had shitloads more than that, i also had a gt35 turbo in my bottom draw that they wouldnt pay for!

sorry to everyone that has suffered, hope u get what is owed to u!

I live about 2 minutes away from Bels Garage , Regents Park and i didn't even get any news till today. Well this is quite shocking and a few day or maybe yesterday i heard a few loud noises so it could be that.

Its going to be tough for the cars that didn't have private insurance.

When this happened at Hybrid Artarmon a few years ago the business insurance didn't cover the cars as the keys were not in a locked cabinet, so my borther was able to claim the cost of the car on his insurance but no mods unless specified.

He then took legal action against Hybrid and was successful (a very long drawn out process). However when he tried to get any money out of them they had already closed up, I think the owner went overseas.

I have been going to BEL for years and have always trusted the people whom I speak too at the workshop and will continue to do so.

Good luck to all those involved.

Just saw something on the news where the police were breaking into some house in sydney, grabbing some middle eastern looking dudes.

Had the tv on mute so i cant offer much else other than the footage they were showing was of a black wrx with 20s in chrome, and a white wrx with 19s with gold wheels being loaded onto flat beds...

Wish i hadnt had it on mute and looked away at a sms at the time it was on >_<

Anyone else see it?

Hope they found some of the scumbags!

Edited by 2630GTS