SAU Community

Bel Garage

what the hell are you supposed to do with a car like the Tomei one, cant use it or sell bits, just like Wayne Prices Mercury Doorslammer

probably some sheik or something like that in suadi with a NHRA style race track in his back yard 100 miles from no where just playing around with all these things

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell are you supposed to do with a car like the Tomei one, cant use it or sell bits, just like Wayne Prices Mercury Doorslammer

probably some sheik or something like that in suadi with a NHRA style race track in his back yard 100 miles from no where just playing around with all these things

this it probably the most likely story.

sad to hear that this can go on!

Is that the carminder?

We have them in our cars, the only on-going cost $9 per month for the sim-card, the other one no cost unless calls are made .

It uses GPS to lacate the car and GSM to call you, if it moves, someone opens the door, starts it , cuts the main battery or even low battery ( bellow a pre set volt value).

Much better system that QT as it has unlimited cover as long as it is above ground ..

We have them in our cars, the only on-going cost $9 per month for the sim-card, the other one no cost unless calls are made .

It uses GPS to lacate the car and GSM to call you, if it moves, someone opens the door, starts it , cuts the main battery or even low battery ( bellow a pre set volt value).

Much better system that QT as it has unlimited cover as long as it is above ground ..

Sounds like a better system than QT but does "above ground" also mean "not in a semi trailer"?

It might be a silly question but I'm looking into something like this as I'm driving my car more and more all the time.

Sounds like a better system than QT but does "above ground" also mean "not in a semi trailer"?

It might be a silly question but I'm looking into something like this as I'm driving my car more and more all the time.

As long as you have a clear vision of the sky , it will be able to give you it's location, if it's in container it won't work but then it will give you the last known location. Same when you go in a tunnel or underground car park, it will give you the location of the point where it disappears.

it looks pretty good, but even though they dont charge monitoring it seems you have to pay $50 per year 'registration' and if you want maps that have street names, and street numbers you need to pay for the mapping service which as best I can tell is $800 odd. unless I've got it completely wrong. I must admit I dont fully understand the differnces between all their options.

it looks pretty good, but even though they dont charge monitoring it seems you have to pay $50 per year 'registration' and if you want maps that have street names, and street numbers you need to pay for the mapping service which as best I can tell is $800 odd. unless I've got it completely wrong. I must admit I dont fully understand the differnces between all their options.

No registration fee is needed ( unless you get them to monitor it) and you dont even need maps but if you want them you can get the software for about $150-200. The only on-going cost is the cost of the sim+any calls made from the car to you.

The unit will give you a longintude and latitude every second you can check that on any map, call the cops or shut the engine down if its driving.

No registration fee is needed ( unless you get them to monitor it) and you dont even need maps but if you want them you can get the software for about $150-200. The only on-going cost is the cost of the sim+any calls made from the car to you.

The unit will give you a longintude and latitude every second you can check that on any map, call the cops or shut the engine down if its driving.

If it gives you longitude and latitude, why do you need maps? Wouldn't whereis.com.au or even Google Earth be as good and free?

If it gives you longitude and latitude, why do you need maps? Wouldn't whereis.com.au or even Google Earth be as good and free?

Sure would...

Only reason you would use the maps is if you want to dial into the vehicle with a modem and watch the car move around a map in real time.

The GPS/GSM tracking units will work if the car is in the back of a truck, so long as the pantech is not metal. If it is metal, then nothing would work...not even a mobile phone...

However, as soon as they drove the car out of the truck, you would get a position, and the unit would record the last known position.

it's good saying the docks should be checked, but the police wont even get that authority for weeks, which then will be too late.

i reckon these cars are long gone. best to start sorting out insurances

Not saying all car theifs are imigrants and not saying all imigrants are criminals / trouble. But for the size of their population, they are very over-represented :P

Your opinion is off-base. Not because it's politically incorrect (that's not enough reason to be off-base) but really that's not quite right.

Firstly, we're all immigrants in one form or another because we live in Australia. So it would make sense all immigrants would be represented highly, but it wouldn't mean they were over-represented.

If you consider it that immigrants are all those who aren't whities (the original invader) then it still doesn't hold because it's the indigenous population is actually the one over-represented.

farrrkkkkkk

thats where all my work is done :happy::laugh:

@ bel garage.........

There a real nice bunch of guys, all of em

and they do awesome work..

wouldnt think it wuld be a inside job.....

i know they always get every tom dick and harry approaching them looking inside and asking the same stupid questions from the same type of people.....

"bro how much would it cost to put a turbo in my charade"

"i wanna run 20pounds bro, so its fully sick"

those types of scumbagsss !!!!!!!!!!

Yehhh look which area of sydney aswell

right near

yagoona, bankstown, greenacre, auburn.....

phucn scumbagsss

hope someone slits their throatsss

hope the owners get some comfort soon from the losss

Bel

hope it all works out for you guys.........

ill keep my eyes and ears open.

good luck to all who lost something....

those types of scumbagsss !!!!!!!!!!

Yehhh look which area of sydney aswell

right near

yagoona, bankstown, greenacre, auburn.....

yeh my 80yo aunt lives in bankstown so she must of been involved right? hahahaha

some of the areas u mention are like 15mins away lol, if ur trying to generalise well then have the balls and say what u think instead of beating round the bush otherwise if your afraid ppl wont like what you say then keep your opinion to yourself. pick one.

that's preety f**ked up, 10 cars missing?

curious, even if the garage had insurance, will the insurance company just pay for a stock car? will the mods even be replaced?