SAU Community

Strange Button

HolyEvil

jesus christ. you guys tend to get a bit carried away dont ya think? I was pretty sure I read all of wrxhoons posts as trying to be helpful?!

I think we have gotten to the button, but I will add one thing. Those of you with cars from hokkaido I would be giving your undercariage a good check, and a very good clean and if not rusty, spray with fish oil. also remove your bumpers and check other usual rust spots (like rear guards). Hokkaido (northmost island of japan) has a LOT of snow, and as such a lot of salt (sometimes other chemicals) used to melt the snow. I have imported a few cars in my life and the worst of them were all hokkaido cars. one of them was very rusty and cost me a lot to repair properly, after that I vowed never to import another hokkaido car again (and I've been happy ever since!). if you talk to anyone who knows much about importing cars they will tell you a similar story about rusty cars from hokkaido.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jesus christ. you guys tend to get a bit carried away dont ya think? I was pretty sure I read all of wrxhoons posts as trying to be helpful?!

I think we have gotten to the button, but I will add one thing. Those of you with cars from hokkaido I would be giving your undercariage a good check, and a very good clean and if not rusty, spray with fish oil. also remove your bumpers and check other usual rust spots (like rear guards). Hokkaido (northmost island of japan) has a LOT of snow, and as such a lot of salt (sometimes other chemicals) used to melt the snow. I have imported a few cars in my life and the worst of them were all hokkaido cars. one of them was very rusty and cost me a lot to repair properly, after that I vowed never to import another hokkaido car again (and I've been happy ever since!). if you talk to anyone who knows much about importing cars they will tell you a similar story about rusty cars from hokkaido.

Thats the reason I bought mine in Osaka and inspect it personaly, i have seen to many young( 3-5 yo) rusty cars around . You see for me even a sign of corossion is enough to turn me oof not actualy rusty panels with the brown mark on it . If i see white stuff on the alloy parts in the engine bay or bolts with it on, I know the car was in a salty area..

Don't worry mate I can take it as much as I can dish it it and I have in front of me the full translation of the owners manual as well but these suckers don't deserve it so I will keep it to myself or anyone that wants to know can P.M.

I know exacly what it does on my car and I have said so, anyone that doesn't believe me they can go and get . I went to a lot of trouble to po take pics and put them up for them to see and for my troubles I get shit thrown at me....

all we were saying is that the mirrors weren't the only thing it controlled, as the picture looks like a windscreen.

but then you go and read through other posts peolpe have made and act all high and might about it, and act like the mirrors are the only thing it controls.

all we were saying is that the mirrors weren't the only thing it controlled, as the picture looks like a windscreen.

but then you go and read through other posts peolpe have made and act all high and might about it, and act like the mirrors are the only thing it controls.

I think I can read what you posted dude, no I don't act high or might at all , I leave that for you because you are know-all ( know shill-all in other words ) .

If you cared to read my posts, I said thats what it does in my car and i put up the evidence because I knew dickheads like you wouldn't believe me!!! Where is your evidence know-all? All you could do is post up wild guesses like warming up the washer water!!!

Re the Hokkaido thing - that was one of the first things I was curious about (given use of salt on the roads) so it's all cleaned up under there and covered with rust-kill paint etc. :happy:

So we've established that the button turns on the de-icing elements for the wipers and in R34 GT-R's at least also heats the wing-mirror glass. Cool.

wrxhoon I'd be curious and thankful to see that translation (and it would add to the value of the forums as a resource for everyone) but if you're still PMS'ing at me that's ok too.

okie.. i've actually met up with wrxhoon before and he knows the stuff he is talking about, and a hell of a guy as well! he knows his sheieit mate =)

i just hope they didn't change my mirrors at compliancing.. i'll give the wipers theory a go next time i go down to somewhere cold in winter.

nahhhhhhhhhhhh your all jumping around the obvious answer....

the button is a "skyline-know-it-all" button. see when an r34 owner presses it we all jump up and speak wisdom. it clearly shows.

CMON whats the next secret button to fight over!!! while were at it, turn on the "skyline-know-it-all" button.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

Um, dude, you just shot yourself in the foot I think...
wrxhoon I'd be curious and thankful to see that translation (and it would add to the value of the forums as a resource for everyone) but if you're still PMS'ing at me that's ok too.

Dude you made your point here and now you want to find out from me? End of story...

okie.. i've actually met up with wrxhoon before and he knows the stuff he is talking about, and a hell of a guy as well! he knows his sheieit mate =)

i just hope they didn't change my mirrors at compliancing.. i'll give the wipers theory a go next time i go down to somewhere cold in winter.

If you don't have convex mirrors ( objects look smaller and further away) they have been changed, I don't think all GTT's have heated mirrors , actaully not even all GTR's , mine has them because it's an M-Spec but I'm sure 8ut was an option.

I can't remember meeting you ( I meet so many different people from SAU) but thanks for your support

The wiper de-icer button only activates the heating elements for the windscreen.

post-17890-1165924334.jpg

The wing mirror heaters are on the rear screen defogger circuit.

post-17890-1165924363.jpg

I'll go take some medication for my obsessive-compulsive disorder now. :(

Dude you made your point here and now you want to find out from me? End of story...
I think I can read what you posted dude, no I don't act high or might at all , I leave that for you because you are know-all ( know shill-all in other words ) .

If you cared to read my posts, I said thats what it does in my car and i put up the evidence because I knew dickheads like you wouldn't believe me!!! Where is your evidence know-all? All you could do is post up wild guesses like warming up the washer water!!!

i think someone needs a cookie, dude. you seem to be acting all high and mighty in these 2 posts, dude.

see now if you weren't such a stuck up dude, dude, you would've posted up the translation so all us other dudes could view it.

dude.

The wiper de-icer button only activates the heating elements for the windscreen.

post-17890-1165924334.jpg

The wing mirror heaters are on the rear screen defogger circuit.

post-17890-1165924363.jpg

I'll go take some medication for my obsessive-compulsive disorder now. :wave:

You do that dude, if you think thats what you need ...

The above pics are from this workshop manual: R34 that DOES NOT include GTR , it has all the other 34's in it . If you can find me a workshop manual the has 34 GTR , i'll pay you for it , not Nissan price though....

As i said before many times in my GTR ( 34 M-spec ) thats what that switch does . Unlike you i have it here and i used it sometimes.

Here is the workshop manual you used and the models it covers.....

post-5240-1165972521.jpg

post-5240-1165972562.jpg

i think someone needs a cookie, dude. you seem to be acting all high and mighty in these 2 posts, dude.

see now if you weren't such a stuck up dude, dude, you would've posted up the translation so all us other dudes could view it.

dude.

Dude....dude..dude ... you don't have to repeat yourself .....Me high and mighty? You wouldn't have a clue obviously. Ask around people that know me, i'm sure they will tell you otherwise .

As for the translation, i can assure you the HolyEvil has a copy of it , as for you , you won't be getting it from me thats for sure . Anyone else that wants it I'm more that happy to share with them ...

Anyone else that wants it I'm more that happy to share with them ...

does that mean that you've given jmac a copy? if not then you should change your post to say that you will share with anyone that hasn't made you teary eyed.

and just because yours makes the heater in the mirrors work, it may have had some wiring changed to make it do it.

does that mean that you've given jmac a copy? if not then you should change your post to say that you will share with anyone that hasn't made you teary eyed.

and just because yours makes the heater in the mirrors work, it may have had some wiring changed to make it do it.

Refer post 40 dude, "Ohhh, i'm a big boy now dude so no crying on my part you may cry if you wish though..."

I can see now you know my car as well...... How many R34 GTR M-specs have you seen dude? Not in pics either .... I think I can guess the answer to that ......NONE and you probably never will , I know you will say you have seen several though...

Dineth, I agree .....