SAU Community

R32 Or R34

hey people,

At the moment im juggling between getting an R34 GTT or an R32 GTST

my only problem is if i get the R34 im gonna be financing half of it but in return i will be getting a car thats 10 years younger then the other, hence the lack of headaches and cash going into fixing problems.

Anyone here done financing on a car like this? is it worth paying interest in return for getting the car straight away?

And the next question is: Is driving a 93 R32 expensive to maintain and fix as problems come ?

If im missing anything let me know and i'll re explain.

thanks people!

hmm, dosnt sound like u can really afford the 34.

unless ur making plenty of money and can pay it off quite easily i wouldnt do it.

if u get a good condition 32 i couldnt see how ud be spending heaps of money on fixing things...i havnt found owning a 32 anymore expensive than owning a ford laser and a honda prelude (except for fuel consumption ofcourse, hehe)

stick with wat u can afford, dont put urself in a whole lot of debt for sumthin thats only going to depreciate.

honestly, if you go with someone like justcars, there probly wont be all that much in it for insurance. the example i always use is two mates i have, on with an R34 GTt who pays the same premium as one with an R33 GTS

Can't go past the 34 best looking skyline ever. going in the red is definately worth it for a car like that, especially when you hit the red and hear it ping like no tomorrow oh yer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! insurance around the $1700 mark.

---------- remember kids smoke tyres not drugs -------------

If you're gonna keep the car for a long time than I'd say go for the r34.

Look at what you can realistically afford to spend every month including fuel & insurance etc.

I used to have an r33, now I have an r34 I'm never looking back :(

r34, most important factor.. the age of the car. no disrespect for all r32 owners out there..

my insurance for my n/a r34 gt-4 is 2.5k/year.. i'm financing 1/2 the amount of the car to repay in 3 years. not that much.. make sure your money is going to be constant..and go for the r34. =)

i got an R32 gtst, not expensive to run at all really, unless u buy a bomb you should be right, just make sure you service it regularly to keep it that way. I would of bought an R34 but i figured, first car, might aswell start off with something a bit cheaper to buy and insurance wise, mind you my insurance is 3k fully compo, with basic mods. I plan on upgrading to an R34 Gtt in a few years when i have some no claim bonus :ninja:

good luck with your descision, if you can manage it, i would go the 34 :P

I don't know why people don't like finance. You can't get a good credit rating without getting into debt...

Getting into debt when you're young is a great idea as long as you're smart enough to repay it in a timely manner.

Buy an R34 and live with a newer car every day and a good credit rating in 3 - 5 years time.

As for insurance, that's what the telephone is for... Justcars insurance 131326.

I don't know why people don't like finance. You can't get a good credit rating without getting into debt...

Getting into debt when you're young is a great idea as long as you're smart enough to repay it in a timely manner.

Buy an R34 and live with a newer car every day and a good credit rating in 3 - 5 years time.

As for insurance, that's what the telephone is for... Justcars insurance 131326.

following what was said, not many people DONT have a financed car, for people who are a bit older (i mean like 25 - 30, not old :ninja:) theres no way you can buy a house, car and whatever comforts you want around the home without some sort of finance. shop around, sometimes if you know what your doing it can work out cheaper to use a credit card, theres all sorts of tricks to get your interest % lower.

I lost my lisence once

light mods..they asking $3000 premium...I went ..go to hell...><

You'll find that most (if not all) finance companies will require full comp on the car, regardless of how much it's going to cost you.

has anyone got any insurance estimates on the 2 cars for a 21 yr old driver ? thanks

Varies slightly depending on postcode where car is garaged, driving history etc.

I'm 19 & have full comprehensive with just cars with a premium of $1600, although I've got a no claim bonus because I've been with them for 2 years. (A new policy for me would cost around the $3200 mark)

20, previous suspension of license, 93 r33 gts-t, agreed value of 15k, decent area, 2 way alarm, imob, minor mods, a big black guy in the boot only $1900 for my first year.... not bad really.

Just make sure when you crash you write it off or do enough damage to the panels it's costing more then your excess ;)

or you know... don't crash, hahahahahaha

Hard choice you've got there though, R32 GTS-t is a nice car (I've test drove 'em all, R32, R33, R34) and the R34 is a new sexy beast. I went the 33 as it was in the middle nicely, bit heavy... would prefered a R32 after owning it a bit (though with a RB25).

I'd suggest a R32 with the RB25 conversion, make sure it's a good job and no overheating issues and you'll be ace (also have rb25 gearbox).

Good luck!

Edit: I said I was 19... I'm 20... almost 21... idiot!