SAU Community

What Would You Gtr Owners Do: Trust T517z Or Garrett 2860r?

JUN R33

just ran my GT2860's at 1.75 bar, seat of the pants feeling is they run out of puff about 1.4-1.5 bar were as my HKS gt2530's were still happy. I did also change my manifold but I don't think it is related. At this stage my hks 2530's had a more on/off power with more efficiency up top and the garretts are more of a street turbo with good response but not the same top end that I like to run. I'll get a dyno graph done as I'm only guessing atm. I'm aiming for 500rwhp if the fall behind by over 70hp I'll upgrade.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The latest:

I datalogged 1.4bar and 1.7bar and found my AFR dropping into 10.8:1, I leaned it off a little to 11.3 and did some more driving.....well alittle more. It felt pretty sweet until I got into third and broke my 6th gearbox, lol. These turbo's my have promise yet.......

anyone got an OS Giken 1-3rd heical gearbox or gearset forsale???

Yeah well be careful not to get the Nissan ones.. $17 per stud... do the maths on that...! :)

holy shit thats bullshit.i should have keep the ones out of stock turbos.. :)

also question for anyone who knows,with the oil return pipes they have to be modifyed yes???

:) Now you should go in a car with 2860R's and tell us what you think...

Yes I changed from T517Z's to 2860R's..

Yes I have MUCH more response..

The T517Z's were good for top end, more suited to drag racing, will make good peak power...

No I wouldn't change them for anything.....

No I wouldn't buy HKS items, the price of the Garretts are too good refuse...

:)

Nengun are selling bolt on GT-SS s with bolts gaskets basically the lot for $400 more than 2860R's but you will have to find all the bits yourself if you buy the garrett turbos. You say the T517Z's were good for top end well they must be the 10.0 cm2 ones and not the 8.0 cm2 ones which are very responsive.

regards micov

did ya read the whole thread. i think youll find some good results with 2860r. and you say find all the stuff ya self.like what??? few gaskets studs maybe some copper washes. not that much..

Nengun are selling bolt on GT-SS s with bolts gaskets basically the lot for $400 more than 2860R's but you will have to find all the bits yourself if you buy the garrett turbos. You say the T517Z's were good for top end well they must be the 10.0 cm2 ones and not the 8.0 cm2 ones which are very responsive.

regards micov

Ummm no dude, they were definetly the 8cm version and they were definetly not as responsive... :)

And I would put that extra 400 bucks towards some decent dump pipes....