SAU Community

What Would You Gtr Owners Do: Trust T517z Or Garrett 2860r?

JUN R33

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately not, caste hill exhast's dyno is off for refurb

Ok results are in.

HKS 2530's with stainless manifolds 380rwkw @24psi

GT2860R-5 with stock manifolds. 361rwkw @26psi

350rwkw @25psi

341rwkw @23psi

335rwkw @22psi

The low to mid reponse is an identical overlap to the 2530's would be interesting to see with the same stainless manifolds

Edited by BOOSTD

Unfortunately not, caste hill exhast's dyno is off for refurb

Ok results are in.

HKS 2530's with stainless manifolds 380rwkw @24psi

GT2860R-5 with stock manifolds. 361rwkw @26psi

350rwkw @25psi

341rwkw @23psi

335rwkw @22psi

The low to mid reponse is an identical overlap to the 2530's would be interesting to see with the same stainless manifolds

Edited by BOOSTD

good results there mate thanks..was running 28psi ringing the neck of the 2860s..on a whole from experience are the 2530 a better in your opinion????as price for price there alot dearer aint they

28psi was past the efficiency peak for sure, they are quite happy at 1.6-1.7 bar. With my stainless manifolds I would expect them to make similar power to the HKS 2530's...then again I only ran the 2530's at 24psi and they made no more power after 26psi.....sort of goes against thecompressor trim.

I think GT2860R-5 ported to match a pair of N*power manifolds ($299 of Ebay) is the way to go. Expect to have to clean up and face the manifolds tho. They turbo inlet is 38mm X 40mm and the manifolds are 38mm x 47-48mm (N1 spec). I can say my standard cast manifolds did not increase my low-mid response. I'll be re-installing my stainless manifolds soon.

Edited by BOOSTD

i just fitted the 8cm T517Z to our car and it is far better than the 2860's ive used previous. i dont recommend the 10cm T517z's though as they are a bit laggy for my liking.

our car made 290rwkw at 14.4psi and 328rwkw at 17psi std dumps.

i just fitted the 8cm T517Z to our car and it is far better than the 2860's ive used previous. i dont recommend the 10cm T517z's though as they are a bit laggy for my liking.

our car made 290rwkw at 14.4psi and 328rwkw at 17psi std dumps.

In what way are they 'far' better??

I have results showing otherwise, with a big difference in midrange... bush bearing turbos versus twin ballbearing turbos....

For example, at 128km/h in fourth gear, my car was making around 160rwkws with the T517Z's(8cm), and with the 2860r-5 is now making 240rwkws....

I know which setup I'd prefer.... :)

Care to show us your comparison????

Go to post #29 in this thread for mine....

Ok results are in.

HKS 2530's with stainless manifolds 380rwkw @22psi

GT2860R-5 with stock manifolds. 361rwkw @28psi

350rwkw @25psi

341rwkw @23psi

335rwkw @22psi

I'm not quite sure I follow here. you say the mid-low range is the same between the 2530s and the -5s. but the -5s need 6psi more, to make 20kw less? and at the same psi make 45kw less? but yet you think the -5s are good? I'd be putting those 2530s back on post haste!

I think the point to take away is that the std manifolds are crap for anything over 350rwkw and definately do not improve response over the chinese ebay stainless mainfolds

517Z's, 2860R, HKSGT2530@24psi and my 2860R on std manifolds@26psi

At 95km/h, 85kw 95kw 90kw 85kw

At 112km/h, 105kw 140kw 130kw 130kw

At 128km/h, 155kw 240kw 200kw 200kw

At 145km/h, 255kw 305kw 296kw 317kw

At 160km/h, 330kw 325kw 315kw 350kw

At 178km/h, 360kw 350kw 355kw 361kw

At 194km/h, 365kw 358kw 372kw Chart stops

I do have a chart that keeps going and power drops off after 178km/h as does boost also....down from 26psi to 24psi at 200km/h The drop in boost starts at 169km/h at the 350kw mark. The 2530's with the stainless manifolds did not drop boost at all.

Full Boost is also made at identical points compared to the 2530's (134km/h)

Edited by BOOSTD

In what way are they 'far' better??

I have results showing otherwise, with a big difference in midrange... bush bearing turbos versus twin ballbearing turbos....

For example, at 128km/h in fourth gear, my car was making around 160rwkws with the T517Z's(8cm), and with the 2860r-5 is now making 240rwkws....

I know which setup I'd prefer.... :D

Care to show us your comparison????

Go to post #29 in this thread for mine....

i am putting it back on the dyno tonight to chase up a electrical problem encountered in adelaide, i will post dyno chart tommorrow.

i am putting it back on the dyno tonight to chase up a electrical problem encountered in adelaide, i will post dyno chart tommorrow.

BUGGER :D

Had it on the dyno last nite...... uni broke.... holed the floor pan..... nuff said. (plently of SAU on lookers)

dyno sheets next week.

Edited by URAS

I know which setup I'd prefer.... :D

LOL, really? My little RB20 is making 232rwkws at the same road speed. Though you guys all walk away from about 135km/h :D

LOL, really? My little RB20 is making 232rwkws at the same road speed. Though you guys all walk away from about 135km/h :D

yeah im not sure what the issue is there as our cars (8cm T517Z's) both make way over that at those road speeds. i can only assume you had the 10cms not the 8cms. i hate the 10cm version as they are laggy... very similar to hks GT2540's.

ah well once the tailshaft is replaced i will run it up again and do a speed and rpm (bit of a hassle but all good) based graph.

Edited by URAS

yeah im not sure what the issue is there as our cars (8cm T517Z's) both make way over that at those road speeds. i can only assume you had the 10cms not the 8cms. i hate the 10cm version as they are laggy... very similar to hks GT2540's.

ah well once the tailshaft is replaced i will run it up again and do a speed and rpm (bit of a hassle but all good) based graph.

Now your insulting me, I know what turbos went on my car, and they weren't the 10cm version...

I'm very interested in seeing how the T517's are making much more power than mine at those speeds, how many GTR's have you done with the T517's and the 2560R's???

Dyno graphs will prove your claims, so get them up, surely you must have at least one graph after all the GTR's you've done??