SAU Community

What Would You Gtr Owners Do: Trust T517z Or Garrett 2860r?

JUN R33

T517Z's 2860R HKSGT2530

At 95km/h, 85kw, the 2860R's 95kw 90kw

At 112km/h, 105kw compared to 140kw 120kw

At 128km/h, 155kw compared to 240kw 200kw

At 145km/h, 255kw compared to 305kw 313kw

At 160km/h, 330kw compared to 325kw 315kw

At 178km/h, 360kw compared to 350kw 355kw

At 194km/h, 365kw compared to 358kw 372kw

I have no idea what boost or mods the other GTR's had..

I have

Tomei 260 9.15 cams

87mm pistons

1mm oversize valves

chinese manifolds

ARC twin entry intercooler

twin 3" exhaust

Apexi pods

PFC

22psi

AFR 11.2

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

T517Z's 2860R HKSGT2530

At 95km/h, 85kw, the 2860R's 95kw 90kw

At 112km/h, 105kw compared to 140kw 120kw

At 128km/h, 155kw compared to 240kw 200kw

At 145km/h, 255kw compared to 305kw 313kw

At 160km/h, 330kw compared to 325kw 315kw

At 178km/h, 360kw compared to 350kw 355kw

At 194km/h, 365kw compared to 358kw 372kw

I have no idea what boost or mods the other GTR's had..

I have

Tomei 260 9.15 cams

87mm pistons

1mm oversize valves

chinese manifolds

ARC twin entry intercooler

twin 3" exhaust

Apexi pods

PFC

22psi

AFR 11.2

BOOSTD, thats very interesting, the 2530's are very similar to the 2860R's, looks like the 2860R's still have more down low till about 178km/h, the 2530's have more top end..

I have the same cams, same pistons, standard valves, standard manifolds, trust intercooler (76mm thick), 3.5'' HKS Hiper exhaust, same pods, but both were done at 20psi boost. Not sure on AFR, as graph has power and boost level....

Can't wait to see how you go with the 2860R's....

Also don't forget each dyno is different, and mine wasn't done in 'shoot-out' mode...

ok sweet, I'll do a run at 20psi aswell. I will be using the same dyno in shootout mode. I have changed back to the standards manifolds however match ported to the turbo's as they were a good center meter out. Chansing average power rather than top end, my previous setup was ever so slightly laggy for my liking.

JAGR33 if im reading that right it 2530s make more power by 145kms then not much and back up again.Because his graph has a dip in it at that point(wheelspin maybe) anyway both come alot nicer then the T517z by the look of it.

JAGR33 if im reading that right it 2530s make more power by 145kms then not much and back up again.Because his graph has a dip in it at that point(wheelspin maybe) anyway both come alot nicer then the T517z by the look of it.

Yeah your right, although at 160km/h the 2560R's are making more power....

BOOSTD, if the 2530's were a little laggy for your liking, I can assure you you will like the response of the 2860R's....

Either way, they are much more responsive than T517Z's.... Bush bearing versus dual ball bearing....

This car has -5s and the tune has more left in it because the boost controller was playing up.

Now has better controller and large injectors on the way so we can crank more boost into it.

For turbos not much over 1k each their hard to beat.358rwkw

This car has -5s and the tune has more left in it because the boost controller was playing up.

Now has better controller and large injectors on the way so we can crank more boost into it.

thats unreal man cant wait to see what these make with more power make sure ya post dyno results....

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, my 2860-5's are on. In forth it makes 15psi at 4200rpm. which is a few hundred rpm at least under my 2530's. I have only run 1.4 bar so far. I'll change my plugs and run 1.75 for a comparision run against my 380rwkw HKS GT2530's

they look like unreal turbos.im so glad i picked them over the gt-ss...

im still waiting for mine to turn up :thumbsup: but well worth the wait aye

hey nib what were the specs for this car ?

i have so far amassed :

gt2860-5 x2

sard 700cc inj

nismo fuel pump

greddy dump/front in one (the one with LONG split pipe)

nismo cat /hks catback

powerfc djetro

still debating tho

tomei exhaust manifolds

pon cams

adjustable cam gears

if anyone has any thoughts on if these extras will be worth the cost I would love to hear

sorry for mini hijack

Edited by arkon

hey nib what were the specs for this car ?

i have so far amassed :

gt2860-5 x2

sard 700cc inj

nismo fuel pump

greddy dump/front in one (the one with LONG split pipe)

nismo cat /hks catback

powerfc djetro

still debating tho

tomei exhaust manifolds

pon cams

adjustable cam gears

if anyone has any thoughts on if these extras will be worth the cost I would love to hear

sorry for mini hijack

cam gears and cams are a must, stock manifolds will be fine....

Car has Stock ported exhaust manifolds,Arias Pistons,Eagle rods,N1 oil pump,260 Tomei Poncams + gears, stock head,Stock GTR intake manifold with single throttle kit,600cc injectors and V400 Wolf ECU.

Big injectors and full tune coming when we open at Topracing after our Xmas break.

Car has Stock ported exhaust manifolds,Arias Pistons,Eagle rods,N1 oil pump,260 Tomei Poncams + gears, stock head,Stock GTR intake manifold with single throttle kit,600cc injectors and V400 Wolf ECU.

Big injectors and full tune coming when we open at Topracing after our Xmas break.

sounds like quiet the collection there mate,how much power ya aiming 4

Thought I'd comment,

this is my old motor with 2530's and low boost with a poor cat, same sort of mods as you guys minus the computer still using the stock one modified and no cam gears

Old engine hks 2530's

Fresh motor and some extra goodies should see over 500rwhp will be on the dyno in the next month hopefully

Edited by monga

Thought I'd comment,

this is my old motor with 2530's and low boost with a poor cat, same sort of mods as you guys minus the computer still using the stock one modified and no cam gears

Old engine hks 2530's

Fresh motor and some extra goodies should see over 500rwhp will be on the dyno in the next month hopefully

thats nice power...

let us no when ya tune it...