SAU Community

2007 F1 Season

wolverine

or Toyota for that matter...

i hope he makes an apperance in one team or another, be good to see a high profile-ish name join in the F1 festivities. The same old faces are starting to bore me and most of the civilised world with their lacklusture efforts to be honest

Personally I hope Power gets the chance to spank his arse before he bails to Toro Rosso. Rumour has it Andretti may be on his way to Newman-Haas. Would be good to see.

Hope the French GP is a good one this year. Sometimes it is & sometimes it is THE most boring race around. I hate it when the bloody tennis interupts the French/British GP's.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How's a Bourdais and Sutil STR line up sound for '08

... you heard the rumour here first

no, i heard it elsewhere weeks ago from those i know within the sport.

poor Wurz :) just couldn't deliver this year.

...Excuse me..?..what?...

couldnt deliver....?

so he couldnt deliver the teams best finish since monaco 2005?

Has Nico done any better in his career?

To be honest Wurz hasn't really delivered. Definitely one of the nice guys of F1 but missing about half a second compared to Rosberg. When your teamate is regularly qualifying in the top 10 and you are struggling to get past P20 questions have to be asked.

I think that would be a great move for Sutil and a shocking move for Bourdais.

well why didnt you fill us in with these rumours weeks ago from those you know...

we need the goss

basically Speed isnt making the headway others thought he would and hes not having that much of an impact in america as once thought. In fact hes pretty much stalled his career in F1 and my source told me he was very lucky to land the seat this year.

Red bull is looking at replacing Scott with Sebastian next year with the mindset that he already has a big following in the US. Hes a well known commodity there and will be better for the sport and exposure in America than Speed.

The exact same is being said of Liuzzi. He just hasnt come to grips with the sport and Red bull is at the end of its tether. Sutil is in talks with red bull about the seat for next year and stands a very good chance of landing the seat based on his performances this year. He is way to fast for the midland and should show well if given better machinery.

Both Luizzi and Speed are almost past their use by dates and Red bull is looking at who to replace them with for next year. Those two names are at the top of the pile.

Edited by m3gtr

theres a good chance sundays race might be a wet one!!!!!!!

it might make up for the fact that quali is on at... 2:45am... tonight

3:15 here in perth :P think i will tape this one and watch it on sunday morning.

its good the race is on at 11:10pm on sunday and not later

3:15 here in perth :P think i will tape this one and watch it on sunday morning.

its good the race is on at 11:10pm on sunday and not later

12:30pm qualifying and midday racing here ;) Go London!

Although, considering it'll be raining here (again) I'll probably have to fight the GF for the remote.

The term "Summer" may have originated here, but if you ask me, it's a case of false advertising. Melbourne winter is warmer.

Yes, that's no exaggeration.

And holy crap are they idolising young Hamilton! If that boy isn't in the paper with an endorsement, he's getting a puff piece written about him.

I actually hope it does rain this sunday, so we can see how he does in the wet.

heres what a snooty nosed little upstart son of a F1 champ had to say about Hamilton the biggest thing to F1 since sliced bread..

This little rag thinks he knows it all before hes even lined up on the grid!!

Piquet: Nothing special about Lewis

Saturday 30th June 2007

Nelson Piquet Jr has downplayed Lewis Hamilton's success this season, saying any rookie driving a McLaren MP4-22 could have achieved the same results.

Hamilton has wowed the F1 fraternity in the opening seven races of this season, finishing each and every grand prix on the podium, including two victories.

The 22-year-old British rookie has also already clinched two pole positions.

However, Piquet Jr, doesn't believes there's anything special about Hamilton.

"If Lewis was in Heikki's position he would be doing the same, making a mistake here and there," the Renault test driver told O Globo newspaper.

"He would be in a car that's not the quickest and he would have to push more to obtain results.

"It is a lot easier to drive a car that's already fast and that allows you to grab pole or finish second."

Piquet Jr also believes a large part of Hamilton's success is down to the reliability of McLaren's MP4-22.

"Consistency is achieved through the car. He has never broken down in a race, he has never had problems, and his car is always one of the quickest. Then he doesn't need to do much," he continued.

"If he continues working the same way, he is going to finish on the podium in every race. The McLaren is half a second quicker than the rest of the teams."

What a dick.

Hell, I'm not convinced Hamilton is the best driver out there either, but he's beating Alonso, who is one of the better drivers, and he can only beat the drivers on the track.

When jr there beats Hamilton, then he can talk smack.

...Excuse me..?..what?...

couldnt deliver....?

so he couldnt deliver the teams best finish since monaco 2005?

Has Nico done any better in his career?

Well Canada was fairly lucky, that race aside he hasn't realy done alot. Not that nico realy has done that much better, he's just done better in qualifying, and is more of a dickhead.

I cannot beleive we are watching drunk kids in a spa instead of racing, how can it possibly rate better?

race has already started and webber has already retired with hydraulics failure*

* may or may not actually be true

I cannot beleive we are watching drunk kids in a spa instead of racing, how can it possibly rate better?

race has already started and webber has already retired with hydraulics failure*

* may or may not actually be true

dont know where you get your info but the race has finished and weber was classified and running..

wont tell you what possie but..

thatd spoil it. :thumbsup:

Thank god for Alonso, if he wasnt a man on a mission yesterday, i would have swithed it off as soon as Lewis changed to a three stop, what an absolutely ballsy performance... who said you cant overtake in F1. Good on Kimi taking the win

Sucked in to Massa, i would have loved to seen the look on his face when Kimi pulled out infront of him

Thank god for Alonso, if he wasnt a man on a mission yesterday, i would have swithed it off as soon as Lewis changed to a three stop, what an absolutely ballsy performance... who said you cant overtake in F1. Good on Kimi taking the win

Sucked in to Massa, i would have loved to seen the look on his face when Kimi pulled out infront of him

Agreed.

Some very ballsy overtaking moves from Alonso made for pretty good viewing

And of course, go Raikonnen!! :)