SAU Community

cables under seat

what sort of plug?

some skylines with the upgraded stereo system have the amp as factory under the seats.. could just be something for that. Could be for neons or something .. could be anything depending on what sort of plug (see above :P )

airbag sensor. if your car have airbag then it detects if someone is sitting there and deploys airbag when required. there is also one under the driver's seat.

but I could be wrong.

Guest RedLineGTR

hear from someone that it was for series 2 skylines. But i believe that it was removed for the fact that they change the original seat belts to australian certified ones. BUt they are for the seat belt warning.

yeah i've got the exact thing on my R33, there is one under both the passanger and driver's seats, so seeing that they are useless as seatbelt warnings, can they be hooked up to something that needs 12V, eg. neons or a sub - just curious??

i have them as well they are unplugged, mine is a series 1 with no airbags so can't be airbag sensor

adrian :)

mine has em too '96 series II, i took the passenger seat out recently, saw the cable under there, but theres nowhere to plug it into :P not sure about the drivers seat, caues the seatbelt warning light on the dash works when it isnt belted up

does it look like a wire ending with a transparent thing?

i also thought that was for amps or some sort of electrical thing, but my mechanic told me it was the seatbelt tensioner thing.

it tightens the seatbelt when ur body moves forward too fast, e.g. accident situation to stop ur face from being rearranged by the steering assembly.