SAU Community

Sauwa Drag Racing, Wed 21st Of Feb

GTS-t VSPEC

Yeah had a bit of problem getting traction for awhile - I didn't let down tyre pressure or anything though so next time I'll make sure I take some slicks or stockies to get a better time :laugh: First time I've taken it down too so gotta work on a perfect launch for limited spin I think!

Oh bugger :) Not even on the octane photos??

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am happier now after finding out there was indeed a problem with my car on the night :huh:

I had it tuned Wednesday and drove straight to the drags

It Made 355rwHP @ 18psi from 315rwHP @ 14 psi previous, and it definately felt faster on the 2 squirts I gave it on the way down to the Motorplex, i felt fairly confident it would do an 11.9.

Previously (with 315 @ 14psi) I had ran 3 x 12.6's @ 180kmh

On Wednesday (with supposedly 355 @ 18psi) I ran a 12.4, 12.6 & 12.8 all at 180kmh :)

Turns out somewhere between the tuners and the drags the PFC Boost controller has reverted back to 14psi, or its has a boost leak, as all it boosts to now is .95 bar which would explain why the times were exactly the same.... :laugh:

Goes in Monday to be sorted out.

yeah i saw a few traction issues

mind you, a few people were running like heavy 17 and 18 inch rims with not that much rubber

reducing tyre mass, and increasing sidewall height for the drags is a good idea - firstly reducing sprung mass (less tyre mass = less inertia = quicker of the line) and secondly allowing the rim to 'spin' in the tyre and allowing more grip (sidewall wrinkle on drag cars)

its funny, ive heard convo's between guys in their 'fully sic commodores' complaining that there running shit times, and ive asked them what there setup is. the answer: full stereo system, big 17,18,19 inch heavy chromies, tight coilover suspension systems. HELLOOOO, thats ur problem right there!!!

Haha mine are 19s :) Hence why stockies next time! Comparing the difference will be interesting actually.

do you have stock lsd?

i watch one of your runs and ur backend was all over the place most of the track :laugh: we got the same power and once im into 2ndish traction is everywhere!

aww sorry for missing you out GODTHRILA... I think these are you...lol

Yeah I stayed in the stands most of the night. I had my son and his friend watching the speedway so coudln't leave them....

I came down to the pits but noone parked up :).. lol and I don't think two 7yr olds would of been allowed in the staging lanes.

post-30699-1172222515.jpg

post-30699-1172222568.jpg

Yes, after the first pass on slicks and a close call with the wall I was relagated to using street tyres, which didn't make for any fast times, but still a great night.

If someone has footage of the spin then please post it up :(

In a total of 4 passes I spun, shredded my wheel nuts, and blew off my intercooler hose. But it could have been much worse. At least I gave the commentators something to chat about :wave:

Where's my money biatch, you were owned by me all night hehehehe, but congrats when you finally got down the track with a great terminal.

I was Very happy that even on street tyres I ran a very low 12 @ 119mph so I know that 11's are on the cards, maybe hig 10's. We will have to that again paully when you get back. Score 4 - Nil to me (smack that ass)

Everyone,

Thanks for coming down, it was great to see so many liners and we put the trevs to shame with they hard fought 14's lol. It was great to catch up with everyone in a speed format. See everyone there again sometime.

Paully,

Now that I have seen this pic, Im glad that I was past you when it happen as Im sur eyou would have T-boned me, I think we both better think about our tyre set-up next time LOL :happy:

Haha, you were miles gone by the time I ended up like that, but pity there isn't a vid to show the real story :happy:

I will admit your ET's kicked my ass all night. I was however happy with the 125mph terminal speed and 0.007 reaction time. I may well be down in two weeks time to try my luck again :(

Paully,

Now that I have seen this pic, Im glad that I was past you when it happen as Im sur eyou would have T-boned me, I think we both better think about our tyre set-up next time LOL :)

Hey Paully,

You are going to have to explain how you ended up like that for those of us that weren't there to see it :) haha

Since you have had your car back you have pointed it the wrong way on the cruise, and sideways at teh drags...what's going on? :) maybe you should swap engines with me :)

i got a small vid of the begining of the spin on my camera, daughter thought is was me (to many grey skylines on the night) and and decided to look instead of taking all of the spinout. will post soon

oh really ? u serious hmm well i saw sumone who looked just like him then lol i na white 33 black rims and had plates arhh 33 lol i puled up next to em and said hi and he gunned it looeked like mitch to me unless ... lol