SAU Community

Tokyo For Autosalon 2008? Wanna Go?

rusk

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh mate had a great day,the drifters are a friendly bunch.I was asking Koda-san about his specs,he would say "2way Tomei" then i would say"trax"? then he would flip out and laugh because i new the part lol

Great day today at Tsukuba! Big thanks to dr1ft.jp who's site really is a must for people heading to Japan.

Nytsky - I can't PM so I'll post it here!

Take the rapid to Chiba Station,

Leave the station and hit Chiba Monorail

Goto 'Town Hall' station for Upgarage, if you don't see it from the monorail, stand on the walkway over the main road and you will see it (50-100 metres down the road)

Goto 'Sports Centre' for Crystal, go down the elevator and follow the road to the right. There is a nice new wheel store along the way.

Goodluck and prolly see you on Wed's at Fuji.

Gav.

Where is the Honjo drift circuit???! Was just about to head out the but found there are 4 Honjos.1 in f*kuoka,1 in saitama ect.

Just dont want to sit on a train for 2 hrs and finding out its the wrong place when i get there.

Well Last 72 hours just been insane.

Auto salon was incredible !

Got over 700 pics to load up. They had the D1 drivers doing a mini comp in the outside car park. Was packed out with umbrellas !!

Then went out for a night on the bottle and met up with fry noodle.

Ended up somehow in some bar that prostitutes men out to women. They were very happy to see us lol. Tried to get us to be put on view.

Went out to Tsukuba on Sunday. Long ass way away in the middle of no were. Awesome track, awesome cars. Was only a club day but the skill level was very high.

Got some great drifting vids I'll post up later and some ok pics too.

Hate to say it but the Ae86 shitters here can drift !!!

Getting tired of being called an american though !!

Was good to meet you nytsky and N15 on the train back. Just about been following each other around all week but not run into ya's.

Thanks Heaps for the info Dr1ft.jp the tsukuba day was probably a highlight of trip.

Do you have any more info on the fuji track day that is on wednesday ? Drifting ?

Where is the Honjo drift circuit???! Was just about to head out the but found there are 4 Honjos.1 in f*kuoka,1 in saitama ect.

http://sph.egoiste.net/ It is the one in Saitama...

The closest station is called Kodama

http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/e-norikeyin.html

Easiest way there is from Ikebukuro on the Yamanote line take the Tobu-Tojo Line to Ogawamachi(Saitama) to Kodama. The station is 3.8km away.

post-39072-1200277936_thumb.jpg

Also what times are the Fuji circuit event on ?

And finally any idea where we can go to see some street drift / drag ? PM me if you don't want to post the info.

Or is that sort of thing weekend only ?

Also what times are the Fuji circuit event on?
Big circuit 9:10-2:40

Small circuit 9:30-4:25 (drifting is from 3:00-4:25)

http://www.fsw.tv/guide/pdf/circuit_guide.pdf

And finally any idea where we can go to see some street drift / drag ? PM me if you don't want to post the info.

Or is that sort of thing weekend only ?

You would be better sending Blitz a PM... unfortunately I don't really know anything about street stuff in Tokyo

Unfortunately we didnt end up going to Honjo,i spent too much time trying to find out where it was.By the time i had finished looking it would have been a waste.So we ended up at Akihabara which honestly was a bit of a let down.If you are into PCs then this is your place.There were to many of the same shops selling the same stuff.My goal was finding a Yokomo RC D1 car.After hours looking for a good RC shop we stumbled into a model shop,we asked the guys behind the counter if they had them,they said no but got online and printed directions to RC central which 2 or so streets away.At RC Central i picked ofcoarse Nomurakens 34 ;) my mate picked Kazamas S15.I also picked up a set of Work 57s for it.

Den-Den town in Osaka was far better,bigger and had alot of variety.I suggest it if anyone is down in Osaka.

http://sph.egoiste.net/ It is the one in Saitama...

The closest station is called Kodama

http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/e-norikeyin.html

Easiest way there is from Ikebukuro on the Yamanote line take the Tobu-Tojo Line to Ogawamachi(Saitama) to Kodama. The station is 3.8km away.

Thanks Dr1ft.jp! Can i take the shinkansen anywhere near Fuji as i took photos of it as i past it on the way in to Tokyo.

Or could you please guide us once again there will be a few of us going. :P