SAU Community

Tokyo For Autosalon 2008? Wanna Go?

rusk

Nikko - Utsunomiya Station

The from the station you will need to take a taxi 17km which will cost ¥4,900 (one way)

I have attached a map which will help the taxi driver so please try to

print that out, you may want to arrange for the taxi driver to meet

you at the end of the day.

Printing.....

I have found Tsukuba looks like the closest station is Sodo Station,from there ill be walking.Unless i get picked up by a guy who has a car with rock hard suspension and a front bar held on with cable ties.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spent a few hours plotting certain things on Google earth and google maps,circuits,Train stations,things of interest.

So far i have:

Mt Fuji

Fuji speedway

Train station closest to Fuji speedway(Suruga-oyama station)

Tsukuba circuit

Train station closest to Tsukuba circuit(Sodo station)

Nikko circuit

Train station closest to Nikko(Thanks Dr1ft.jp)(Utsunomiya station)

Omorikaigan station(Nismo factory)

Asakusa Station

Imperial palace in Tokyo

Akhiabara Station

Rappongi Station

Tokyo Station

Train station closest to Diakuko futo(Namamugi station)

Diakuko futo

Shinjuku station

Harajuku Station

Tokyo Disney

Universal studios Osaka

Kansia(Osaka)airport

Is there something else that is a must to see that i have missed.

I would like to build on these and post them up so people can use it.

CHEERS

EDIT: Merry Xmas!

Tsukuba circuit

Train station closest to Tsukuba circuit

The one they recomment is Sodo station (the leftmost one in the map) which is on the Kantetsu-Joso Line and about 6km away.

Also you may notice that the map is not "North Up" which is VERY common in Japan. Sometimes the map is the way you are looking, sometimes the map is North Up and sometimes the map is just random like the Tsukuba one.

tsukuba_map.pdf

post-39072-1198546242_thumb.jpg

post-39072-1198547622_thumb.jpg

Edited by dr1ft.jp

OK guys this will be a short list of my plans while over in Japan.

7th to the 10th ill be in Osaka looking at castles and going to Universal studios,night life,shopping.

In Tokyo on the 10th,staying in Asakusa.

11th going to enjoy Tokyo,try and get to some shrines and castles, Diakuko futo at night.Would really like to meet up with the people who are going that night BLITZ,JUDGED.PM me

12th-(13th?) TAS again would like to meet up with all the SAU crew.(Good chance ill be going to Tsukuba for a drift event on the 13th too)

14th might be going to Honjyo for a drift event? If not, more sight seeing in Tokyo.Tuning shops(still have to find out where they are HELP anyone?)

15th More sight seeing in Tokyo,Harajuku,shinjuku,Rappongi,shopping.

16th Mt Fuji and Fuji speedway.

17th Nikko circuit for drift event.

18th More sight seeing.Akhiabara.Nismo factory,shopping.

19th Tsukuba Circuit.

20th Train back to Osaka for flight home.A bit of a hike to catch a plane but turned out to be cheaper for the flight.

Seems like alot to cram in,and i know im missing something.If anyone wants to suggest something feel free!

CHEERS

I have heard a place called Crystal on another thread,is this like the shop Autobacs? What is the differnce?

Also does anyone have any address of some tuning shops in the Tokyo area(dont mind travelling a bit)

All i know is so far is the Nismo Factory.

Or better still send me a link of Google Maps showing exactly where it is,then i can just add it to my collection of places to see.

If anyone who has read my little itinerary and would like to join me and my mate on any of the trips,dont hesitate to contact me.

Has anyone noticed yet that i might be a little excited about the trip :thumbsup:

I have heard a place called Crystal on another thread,is this like the shop Autobacs? What is the differnce?
Well Autobacs is like a well stocked autObarn and Crystal is ricer paradise, dildo gearknobs from wall to wall I hear...

http://www.c-jpn.com/shopguide/index.htm

http://local.google.co.jp/maps?f=q&hl=...&iwloc=addr

The closest train station is called Sports-Center on the Chibatoshi-Monorail

Well Autobacs is like a well stocked autObarn and Crystal is ricer paradise, dildo gearknobs from wall to wall I hear...

http://www.c-jpn.com/shopguide/index.htm

http://local.google.co.jp/maps?f=q&hl=...&iwloc=addr

The closest train station is called Sports-Center on the Chibatoshi-Monorail

I have been to Crystal i would not call it ricey at all its great shopping for all sorts of parts

I have been to Crystal i would not call it ricey at all its great shopping for all sorts of parts

yeah exactly crystal supplies most of SAU's big grey importers (greddy, blitz, hks, etc) .... hardly rice :)

Crystal is one of the best parts stores in Japan.

Dave: Pm me when you have a moment, if you like I will take you there and there are a couple of other good stop-off's on the way when coming from Tokyo.

Not long now, I am flying out next week so my wallet is ready and my liver primed.

Nick

LOL, I forgot what Aussies were like, maybe I have been in Japan too long but I don't really think of rice and performance and mutually exclusive, in fact here they seem to almost always go together. Have a look at Uras's signature pic for an example :)

Edited by dr1ft.jp

Hey all,

Got into Osaka on monday.This is the first chance ive had to get online.

Man is it cool here! Went to Osaka castle today,met this old japanese guy who was kind enough to show me around,he was practising his english on me which was awesome,though was limited,kept calling me number 1 samuri! He was telling me about the castle and showing all the cool spots to take photos.Then was off to Den Den town where i found a massive toy shop called Super kidsland.I picked up a R32 and r34 GTR remote control cars lol. There was also an arsenal of fake weapons which i got a brochure of.Picking up the drift remote control car of Nomurakens R34 four door later on.

Also made my way up to Signal Auto but it was closed! Took some cool pics of the place though.There was a tough turbo charged celica and s15 inside.And on the hoist up the back was the orange R33 GTR drag car!

Heading of to Tokyo tomorrow cant wait to get there!

BLITZ my internet connection is not working here so im using the internet cafes.Ill get in contact with you when i get to tokyo.

Sayonara!

Arrived in tokyo last night, crazy place ;)

hi all,intokyo now,staying asakusa.

ive seriously f**ked my back,it kills all the time,going to have a massage later hopefully that will fix it.