SAU Community

Tokyo For Autosalon 2008? Wanna Go?

rusk

You musta just missed me and A31Deviat. Nick didn't make it unfortunately.

Bit unfortunate for him though really since I got to drive the 35 GTR from Shibuya to Daikoku and back lol.

nice work mate! that is awesome you got to have a steer. well done :) driving in tokyo is cool enough as it is, but driving in a new 35 is about as good as it gets at the moment. trying not to turn too green. :rolleyes: ok, failed.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and what happened to nick?

I was out at dinner and would not have made it out in time, plus I will be driving one in Sydney in a week or so anyway and im going drifting tonight so I wasn't too phased :rolleyes:

I was out at dinner and would not have made it out in time, plus I will be driving one in Sydney in a week or so anyway and im going drifting tonight so I wasn't too phased :D

nice work :whistling: I know how it goes. you have been to daikoku a couple of times before I guess. :)

drifting should be awesome as always. take your warm coat and don't dare call me as I may then have to upgrade phones again after smashing mine on the ground!

nice work :D I know how it goes. you have been to daikoku a couple of times before I guess. :whistling:

drifting should be awesome as always. take your warm coat and don't dare call me as I may then have to upgrade phones again after smashing mine on the ground!

Werd.

Its pretty cold and raining today, might go get a curry or ramen to warm up before heading off.

Just got back from TAS and man are my legs sore! Must have walked a million kms.Took heaps of pics and over an hour of video.

I managed to get Nagata-san(Top Secret),Koyama-san(JUN),Amemiya-san(REAmemiya),Oka-chan(Yashio Factory),Tarzan Yamada and Daijiro Inada all on video giving me poses and saying a few words,which was awesome and funny.Also got a signed book off Ken Nomura and a signed poster off Max Orido.I spent about $300 bucks on stuff to bring back.I went a little nuts at Mines and bought 2 of everthing lol.

Going out to Tsukuba tomorrow anyone going?

I am planning on heading to Tsukuba 2morrow... although a local I know who lives in Saitama does not know of any event occuring? Should be interesting!

Futo sounds great, might be doing that on the 18th I think... hopefully getting back to Yokohama will be ok... out of curiousity, what time did you get back there to catch the train, or you had accom in Yoko?

Gav.

Cheers !!

Plan to Head out to Tsukuba tommorow if we can figure out this bastard of a rail system !!

Any pointers on what train to catch from Shinagawa station to get to tsukuba ?

Daiko Futo was pretty quite, still interesting.

Amazed at how many R35 gtr`s are already on the road.

I am planning on heading to Tsukuba 2morrow... although a local I know who lives in Saitama does not know of any event occuring? Should be interesting!

Futo sounds great, might be doing that on the 18th I think... hopefully getting back to Yokohama will be ok... out of curiousity, what time did you get back there to catch the train, or you had accom in Yoko?

Gav.

We got a ride to Yokohama at 11pm(which was extremely lucky,dont bank on this happening to get back to Yokohama),we caught the train to shinagawa then to Ueno then we managed to get the last train to Asakusa with a bit of running.

Using this website http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/e-norikeyin.html

Any pointers on what train to catch from Shinagawa station to get to tsukuba ?

One-way fare:1,810 yen Distance:69.9 km

09:51am Shinagawa -> Akihabara 160yen [Yamanote Line]

10:15am Akihabara ->Moriya 800yen [Tsukuba Express]

10:54am Moriya -> Sodo 850yen [Kantetsu-Joso Line] 10:54am

11:30am arrival

post-39072-1200159747_thumb.jpg

post-39072-1200159759_thumb.jpg

Edited by dr1ft.jp

A few pics for those who may be interested.....

I set off with my friend in his R32 GTS-T however after some early and unexpected attention from the constabulary we parked his car and jumped in a civic with a crazy driver who sat at 170kph (Yes, in a Civic!) along the Wangan which was a little scary.

Another amazing night really :P

Yes, the driver of the Soarer was doing donuts while straddling his drivers door, awesome!

post-46-1200164630_thumb.jpg

post-46-1200164638_thumb.jpg

post-46-1200164644_thumb.jpg

post-46-1200164651_thumb.jpg

post-46-1200164661_thumb.jpg

post-46-1200164667_thumb.jpg

post-46-1200164674_thumb.jpg

The only casualty of tonight, this Cresta went home on a tow rope after blowing its diff in a big way

post-46-1200164684_thumb.jpg

post-46-1200164692_thumb.jpg

Wow, looked like a great night... unfortunately the police finish it before it starts down in Osaka

The only casualty of tonight, this Cresta went home on a tow rope after blowing its diff in a big way

post-46-1200164684_thumb.jpg

post-46-1200164692_thumb.jpg

Well the Toyota lesson for today is that that is a JZX110 Mark II, but there are so many different versions of those cars, but that is not important, what is important is that guy got 4th at MSC in Expert class so he is pretty damn good. I hope you got to see him in action before the car broke.

2007_rd01_ex_no4.jpg

rd01_ex_no4_mark.gif2007_rd01_ex_no4_name.gif

You have got me jealous now :P

Edited by dr1ft.jp

Wow, looked like a great night... unfortunately the police finish it before it starts down in Osaka

Well the Toyota lesson for today is that that is a JZX110 Mark II, but there are so many different versions of those cars, but that is not important, what is important is that guy got 4th at MSC in Expert class so he is pretty damn good. I hope you got to see him in action before the car broke.

2007_rd01_ex_no4.jpg

rd01_ex_no4_mark.gif2007_rd01_ex_no4_name.gif

You have got me jealous now :P

Ah, so many Toyota variations get confusing :)

I saw plenty of action before he broke the diff, all of the guys last night were nuts, had an absolute blast.

The JZX110, an Aristo and the black Soarer were standouts

Tsukuba today was awesome!Alot of high powered circuit and drift cars.Nice Gtrs of all sorts got heaps of footage.My favorite was the drift,all great drifters,even the 50+ yr old silvia drivers!The standard was very high.We had a chat to a few drivers who were more than willing to show us their cars.We got "chatting" to a drifter named Koda-san who had a clean chaser.He and his mate were tsuiso drifting all day,and looked wicked.They were quite suprised at the fact that some aussie guys came to watch.We even got a mention over the pit PA system?

There was a drifter with a 600+ps supra,T51r KAI fully built motor the works,his skill level was moderate but still managed drift the whole length of the final sweeper onto the straight.

Met some friendly forum members which was cool,we had people to freeze with lol

Was a fantastic day and one i wont forget!