SAU Community

Tokyo For Autosalon 2008? Wanna Go?

rusk

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well my only advice is get the hang of the yen! 150Kyen is $1500 AUD atm. for that money there are only two choices I reckon. Shinjuku Park Hyatt or the Roppongi Hyatt. but I'm assuming you meant 15Kyen which is about $150 a night which is a pretty modest budget for either shinjuku or shibuya or any of the good spots in central tokyo. if you can extend to sort of $180-$200 there will be much more options available. $150 a night will get you a hotel in a good location, but it's likely to be a business hotel, and a pretty old one at that.

Hey guys

I'll be over there for most of Janurary and hear you talk a lot about Shibuya and Shinjuku

Was looking at the Shinjuku Star seemed to be fairly central Hotel and going by tourist blogs seems a good spot for a base .

Whats Shibuya like cheaper grog nightlife etc. ??

Know of any good hotels there up to 150K/night

Haven't been there for 20 years so any help would be appreciated.

Would't mind meeting up with some fellow SAU members while I am there

ONYA

Mike

The Star is a decent hotel, cheap and good location. Its on my list of places to book when I get around to it. Gets a pretty decent rating on various sites I've seen.

The other options is this Sun Route Hotel which is around the same price in the same location, maybe a little more expensive.

These are just Shinjuku hotels though. There are plenty of options outside of Shinjuku and many of them are better hotels for the money. Also Shinjuku is nowhere near autosalon really.

Shinjuku and Shibuya are good for being central to a lot of different things, and the nightlife it good.

The Star is a decent hotel, cheap and good location. Its on my list of places to book when I get around to it. Gets a pretty decent rating on various sites I've seen.

The other options is this Sun Route Hotel which is around the same price in the same location, maybe a little more expensive.

These are just Shinjuku hotels though. There are plenty of options outside of Shinjuku and many of them are better hotels for the money. Also Shinjuku is nowhere near autosalon really.

Shinjuku and Shibuya are good for being central to a lot of different things, and the nightlife it good.

Sounds good Sewid . Thanks for the info.

as the Autosalon is only on for 3 days I'll just have to train it .

Lots of other places on my Itenary also.

Those 2 hotels Star and Sun Route are they Business hotels ?

Only a place to sleep though although a bit of luxury is good

I'll look some more up on the web.

Just aquired a good Tokyo guide book heaps of good maps etc etc .

Cheers

Hey guys, thanks for putting up the posts about Disneyland in Japan. JUDGED was not the one who wanted to go, someone else was... :w00t: But have been looking into other stuff to see when the TAS isn't on so plenty more cultural stuff :rofl:

il be there too, probably just fly up to haneda from here, instead of shinkansen! If anyone needs any help with all things 'japan related' dont hesitate to shout! Always a great show, but as said above, there so much more to Japan too :thumbsup:

If I am still in Japan I will come up to TAS (as long as m3gtr promises he won't)

AAAWWWW!!! laurence...im stunned. You leave this big red heart in your title and then say you hope i dont go...

dont worry mate, you'll never spot me anyways...

Coz im going to the gig dressed in a big pink bunny outfit...

blend in with the Japanese i will...

Hey guys, thanks for putting up the posts about Disneyland in Japan. JUDGED was not the one who wanted to go, someone else was... :down: But have been looking into other stuff to see when the TAS isn't on so plenty more cultural stuff :)

I think we will still go to disneyland as it is just something to say that we have 'been there done that'. At the moment we are booked into the Shinjuku New City Hotel, it looks pretty central to everything and close to the train station to get to TAS. I have been reading the post and it looks like a good area, is this right??

What other areas would be good to look at. Going down to Osaka as well and would like to know of any workshops or sites to see there??

Cheers

Judged

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I only just found out today Pukekohe Travel are no longer offering their Tokyo Autosalon tour next year due to lack of interest, and I was wanting to go on this tour can anyone fill me in on any other tours that do Autosalon a couple other workshops and also the cultural side of things as well??

il be there too, probably just fly up to haneda from here, instead of shinkansen! If anyone needs any help with all things 'japan related' dont hesitate to shout! Always a great show, but as said above, there so much more to Japan too :P

Hey,

Did I need to buy the TAS tickets now ( and if so how?) or is it easier to just get them there on the Day.

Second of all, heading down to Osaka for a couple of day after TAS and was wondering if there are any workshops down that way to visit or see?? I would love to found a Autobaus down there is possible?? Can you help??

lol i bought four tix last week over the net.Just go to the TAS website.

Whats funny is TAS tix are only $15 (1,500yen)

While we in aus get slugged $28 for the Autosalon here.

Just compare the calibre of cars between the two :P

haha, no chance of that I reckon. I've tried 3 years in a row. This year I'm going to tee up a meeting with Biggie Smalls and Tupac. should be easier.

The only guy I ever meet thre consistently from SAU is circus monkey and he's from norway for crying out loud!

As above ^^^

The last 3 years BB and I have stood in the cold, freezing our balls off waiting and waiting, its really just too hard, and once everyone makes it to the exhibition hall they all want to break up and see the show their own way.