SAU Community

Tokyo For Autosalon 2008? Wanna Go?

rusk

I did my best to keep away from HKS Kansai and my second home, the Top Secret stand but on Sunday the force was too strong and I was lured to both, walking away with alot more boxes and bags than I planned, and a very difficult and annoying trek back to my hotel :thumbsup:

All worth it in the end though :)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, TAS this year was a bit too OEM and VIP orientated, dont get me wrong it was great especially for business (for me anyway) but even the big aftermarket guys said it was well short on highly modded cars compared to previous years. The blitz supra was killer and a stand out as was the weld JZX100 and a few others maybe about 10 in total. when in previous years it was like 50 or so cars that make you go HOLY SHIT look at that... and that.... and that.

Got to experience the shinkansen (instead of flying to osaka and f*kuoka) was bit of a laugh, feels like your only cruising but shit they are quick... green car FTW... next time we will fly though as it just eats up to much time.

yes shinkansen tokyo-osaka-f*kuoka is great fun, but it's one of those things you do once. silly me I've done it a few times! Nozomi train 500 class and 700 class are farking cool though. flying is cheaper (flat rate 10,000yen with JAL) and only takes an hour to get from tokyo to f*kuoka. :thumbsup:

yes shinkansen tokyo-osaka-f*kuoka is great fun, but it's one of those things you do once. silly me I've done it a few times! Nozomi train 500 class and 700 class are farking cool though. flying is cheaper (flat rate 10,000yen with JAL) and only takes an hour to get from tokyo to f*kuoka. :P

yeah i refused to sit on anything but the N700 for 6hrs.... luckily they are pretty frequent, also it snowed hardcore on the way back so it was pretty cool for cat to experience.

I did my best to keep away from HKS Kansai and my second home, the Top Secret stand but on Sunday the force was too strong and I was lured to both, walking away with alot more boxes and bags than I planned, and a very difficult and annoying trek back to my hotel :P

All worth it in the end though :D

I too spent alot of cash at Top Secret and HKS.Did you play that little game HKS had in the corner? I won a HKS lanyard hooray for me lol

yeah the 500 nozomi is more crazy looking, and faster, but they are heaps smaller I think. like 5-8 cars vs the 700s which go up to at least 12 cars I've been in. also, I could never find any 500s between osaka and tokyo (but didn't try too hard). actually maybe it was the other way round, between osaka and f*kuoka. either way, I've done both. lol. and they are both kick ass trains. and they are all a nice place to sit back and down a few beers and look at the scenery flying past at 300km/h. I bet cat loved it. :blink:

mmmm train nerds.

The N700 can corner faster than the 700 by tilting and also has some new aero parts so it is pretty cool, but the 500 is still the coolest.

I think the main thing Cat would have liked is being the same height as everyone :blink:

Hey blitz,

have you had a chance to upload pics of TAS 08?

would be great to see, cheers

I have a tonne (ie 8 gig of TAS pics alone!) will try and get onto them in the next day or so :blink:

The N700 can corner faster than the 700 by tilting and also has some new aero parts so it is pretty cool, but the 500 is still the coolest.

I think the main thing Cat would have liked is being the same height as everyone ;)

HAHA too true, i lost her a few times.... i had to sit down to find her. HMMM i was told by everyone at blitz and so forth that the N700 was the fastest..... travel time indicated it as this also maybe it is due only to the fact it stops less?:(:D

but true to their info it was the quietest and the green car has first class aircraft style seats.

most importantly it look fkn crazy

post-34927-1200906542_thumb.jpg

post-34927-1200906554_thumb.jpg

I think the main thing Cat would have liked is being the same height as everyone :(

lol, if not taller even. :banana:

I think 700 may be faster overall from tokyo to kokura, but I think the 500 still has a higher top speed. 300km/h+ in certain places. it's pretty cool, it comes up on the display board whenever it's above 300km/h.

500_series_Shinkansen_train_at_Tokyo_Station.jpg

yeah there are heaps more 700 class than 500 class :D took a while before I lucked out and got one.

you are so right. it sucks badly when you are back in aus using out shitty rail systems. what a joke.

• 2 months later...

I hope to be there for 2009. I was in Tokyo with my friend 2007 July. 5 days "actually nights" we were in Roppongi Hills. I loved how clean it was, respectful people, the best Mc Donalds you can ever have, so hot and fresh, classic but LIKE NEW taxis I GUESS ALL WITH GPS, Auto doors, NOT A SINGLE hole on roads, There were DRIFT LINES/MARK on the way from Narita airport to Tokyo City and marks explained how well they can drift... If you smoke its cheap to buy a pack at about 300 yens or 3 AUD. My friend did smoke and he never had to buy it... I dont know I THINK BECAUSE IT WAS CHEAP ppl leave their cigarette packs in the club, smoking only a few of it and leaving it with more than half... Sushi??? So fresh, food was the best as well, trains =)) The subway line in Japanese is a joke but simple to understand, dont worry station staff is there to help all you need to do tell the name of the place you are off to and he ll let you know how much is the ticket and which numbered station you ll get off. Waiting for train??? =) All we did about 2 mins standing... In Roppongi at night Nigerians will try to get you into strip clubs, massage saloons while WE BAGGED for a decent club and cant really say it was good in Roppongi. In shinjuku or shibuya there are a lot of better choices. PPL say JAPAN is expensive and I wonder "SUCH AS???" I can not recall anything was overpriced or considered RIP OFF.... Prices AS MUCH AS WE COULD OBSERVE IN 5 DAYS was really reasonable...

One thing to avoid is Tokyo Disneyland... We wasted a day in there all those Japanese kids stearing at us specially my 2 meter tall friend =)) We gave some of the ride tickets to others as a goodwill and went back to nightlife scene...

As I mentioned earlier I hope to go back probably next year for Autosalon. I want to spend at least 2 weeks there. There are lots of things to see. Digital camera specially nice DSLR is a must to appreciate the beauty of the country...