SAU Community

Tokyo For Autosalon 2008? Wanna Go?

rusk

Went to Toyota auto salon today (not what you think) it was basically a place where you view the range of new toyotas that you can buy.I wish they had the toyota crown in oz,its a really nice luxo barge.Also went to the sunshine building which is 240m high,get an awesome view of tokyo from the top,but some of it is blocked by the smog.

I still have a bad back but im battling through it.Off diakuko futo tonight,which should be fun.I wont be posting pics until i get back to oz.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in japan is going to futo tonight?

ill be online for the next few hours,until we leave for futo.Send me a PM and we could meet at Ueno or Tokyo station.Ill be leaving at 6.30 7pm tokyo time.

Where would be the best station to get a cab from? Yokohama station???

Dave - Hopefully you got my sms.

I will be at Daikoku later with Sewid, not sure what time though, we are coming with our friend, the owner of the Orange R35 GTR in his second R35 :D

Will keep you posted once we are on the way

hey guys, we are staying at sakura hotel jimbocho.... probly going to daikoku futo on sat night....trying to sus out transport at this point. Any suggestions?

Just got back from futo.And i have to say it was one of the best nights ever.Took heaps of pics and video.There was a lambo meet with 1 murcielago,4 SV diablo,2 diablo VT and 1 countach,1 360 ferrari,1 C5R corvette,1 supercharged GT mustang heaps of others,but my highlight was seeing the R35 in the flesh.In total there was 4,and one owner was kind enough to let me sit in it DROOL!

We got there by taxi,we told the driver to pick us up at 11.But sure enough he didnt show.

While wondering around we met 2 xpat americans who arrived in a 1j cresta,it was dropped to the floor with big wheels,the owner drifts it around tokyo.They gave us a lift back to Yokohama station which was a fun ride.

TAS tomorrow!!!!

Nick didnt get your txt.

hey guys, we are staying at sakura hotel jimbocho.... probly going to daikoku futo on sat night....trying to sus out transport at this point. Any suggestions?

Catch the train to Yokohama then taxi to futo.The driver we had didnt really know what i was on about until i made circle motions indicating the freeway spiral.Taxi will be about 38 thousand.The hard part will be getting back!!!

Sewids. Call me a sceptic.

lol, im a local here, and i literally had to beg a D1 one driver a couple of years back to take me drifting at an event ( which he did ) but it begs the question.

How was that possible if youre a decent upstanding citizen!

Not like myself ofcourse.

Care to elaborate on that Sewid?

Sewids. Call me a sceptic.

lol, im a local here, and i literally had to beg a D1 one driver a couple of years back to take me drifting at an event ( which he did ) but it begs the question.

How was that possible if youre a decent upstanding citizen!

Not like myself ofcourse.

Care to elaborate on that Sewid?

I don't need to elaborate for you. I have the video of me driving over rainbow bridge back into tokyo etc. Lol. As well as all the UK forum blokes who quite clearly saw me driving the thing out at Daikoku PA.

I just happen to know a very nice guy who has a one and he let me drive for a couple of hours, can't see whats so hard to believe about that. Although I admit it is a good story and I still have adrenalin in my system.

Thing goes like an absolute rocket ship. Just can't believe how it pulls from any gear. 5th gear on the freeway. No problem. Slight application of the throttle and away you go. 3rd gear out of the ETC lane tollbooth and bam you're pinned back in your seat for the run up through into 4th where the fun stops unfortunately.

Car is quiet and comfortable on the street and found the paddle shifts really easy to get used to. Comf mode on the suspension makes the city streets feel great. Leg room in the back is a bummer when your a reasonably tall guy like Ando is but he didn't complain since he got his first ride in a 35 gtr too.

Was the best night i've had in Tokyo this time by far and i'll be sporting a semi for the next few days i think......

I don't need to elaborate for you. I have the video of me driving over rainbow bridge back into tokyo etc. Lol. As well as all the UK forum blokes who quite clearly saw me driving the thing out at Daikoku PA.

I just happen to know a very nice guy who has a one and he let me drive for a couple of hours, can't see whats so hard to believe about that. Although I admit it is a good story and I still have adrenalin in my system.

Thing goes like an absolute rocket ship. Just can't believe how it pulls from any gear. 5th gear on the freeway. No problem. Slight application of the throttle and away you go. 3rd gear out of the ETC lane tollbooth and bam you're pinned back in your seat for the run up through into 4th where the fun stops unfortunately.

Car is quiet and comfortable on the street and found the paddle shifts really easy to get used to. Comf mode on the suspension makes the city streets feel great. Leg room in the back is a bummer when your a reasonably tall guy like Ando is but he didn't complain since he got his first ride in a 35 gtr too.

Was the best night i've had in Tokyo this time by far and i'll be sporting a semi for the next few days i think......

Saw those UK blokes,they were on the cans the whole time we were there lol I might try and make it out there again tomorrow night,will need to organise a lift back to Yokohama though as finding a ride out is really hard,wouldnt mind the back of the GTR lol

well, ive been well and truly humbled!

Still dont believe you though!

Thats gotta be some kind of record you know..

I think thats a grand total of..how many fingers plus thumbs do i have again..oh yeah 10... people who've managed to have the honour.

Consider yourself lucky punk.

Screw this GTR nonsense! ..im going hunting for white powder...and i will find it ..not like anyone cars...sorry cares you know! :rolleyes: