SAU Community

Gtr Twin Turbo Removal

tacker

the turbo fairies drank my pain releif, stole 4 of my 5 specially bent spanners, bent an oil line, lost the copper washes for the banjo bolts and left the torch on.. the little buggers didn't return any of the stuff and never finished the job... The book never covers half of the stuff you really need to know and I'm convinced the fairies nicked off with the one page that actually may have helped..

I pitty any poor pixy or fairy that i get my hands on.. i also pitty any poor bugga that starts the job with the pain releif! But looking at the task in hand, i do understand! Good luck with that one!

:blush::ninja::P:D:D

Mad032,

please let me know when you are going to attempt this utter screaming B#$%&*d of a job i will fly back half way accross the world to watch, and bring my lot of pissed up fairies and the missues ( who has been returned ) to clean up after you. Just for the pleasure of watching you trying to undo the the oil drain from the cartridge.

aphid,

a GTST is a walk in the park compaired to a GTR at least you can see your target!

Well not gettin into a pissing match about who's fairies are better coz mine took 3 days to get the bloody things off.

tell your mate there will be a flight ticket for him to come to Dubai and put my new units back on plus water pump, cam gears, timing belt etc etc..

And he can take the missus back with him as i have learnt to pick up my own empty beer cans.

i am at the end of my teather and i think i am losing it....for example today i was passed by a toyota tercel and i thought ( 15 nano seconds only ) i should just buy one of those and be done with it

I need help! i mean all the warning signs are there and if i dont get this sorted i fear i will end up driving a family truckster

please list your simpathetic thoughts below to cheer me up.

Edited by tacker

Well not gettin into a pissing match about who's fairies are better coz mine took 3 days to get the bloody things off.

tell your mate there will be a flight ticket for him to come to Dubai and put my new units back on plus water pump, cam gears, timing belt etc etc..

And he can take the missus back with him as i have learnt to pick up my own empty beer cans.

i am at the end of my teather and i think i am losing it....for example today i was passed by a toyota tercel and i thought ( 15 nano seconds only ) i should just buy one of those and be done with it

I need help! i mean all the warning signs are there and if i dont get this sorted i fear i will end up driving a family truckster

Think about it this way.....

You are gaining a life long friend once you have finished the job.

Wifes will come and go ...like girlfriends.....but gtr's r forever...lol :laugh::P

Think about it this way.....

You are gaining a life long friend once you have finished the job.

Wifes will come and go ...like girlfriends.....but gtr's r forever...lol :(:rofl:

^^I love it.

Found my new sig quote!

I am forced to agree however, I am currently in a battle to build my GTR to what I want it to be. Plus still be able to eat and keep a roof over my head. lol.

-Sayajin

Water pump, timing belt and cam gears while engine in car - easy!!!!!! for me to say sitting here with my engine on the bench and those bits back on.

Mind you I had issues with the harmonic balancer when I stuffed the woodruff key persuading it with a 3/4" rattle gun. Gave up on finding a new one on a weekend after 3 hours and 5 store visits later - Bugger me had to steal a second hand one from a datsun 180B. Nothing like progress.

2 days, turbos out and turbos in. hands look like a cat has clawed the fcuk out of them. Nissan have the laziest engineers on the planet given the complete load of bollocks that is the stock oil/water/boost supply to the turbos and wastegate actuators. I did the TT upgrade on the GTS25t without ever looking hard at the GTR setup and it is way better and has pretty braided lines and speedflow fittings.

500hp is worth it. Tuning tomorrow.

Currently in a life or death battle with harmonic balancer which is stopping me getting to the bloody water pump that needs to be changed.

And not surprisingly have not seen nor heard any turbo fairies since i ran outta beer.

Toyota tercel is looking better every day.

is where i live :-)

Right latest update!

left a trail of beer cans half way down the street hoping to lure the turbo fairies back to finish the job. Had to go out and rescue my cans from the kids next door, cheeky little buggers asked if i had any cold ones instead.

This time reset my cunningly devised trap after dark as we all know that the turbo fairies do their best work in the dark, waited inside until i heard the cans rattling about. Bolted outside to catch me a fairy, and i found the biggest uglyest brute of a fariy i have every seen. Thought it was the missus out picking up cans again but was just a hint to much facial hair to be her... was close though.

Now can anyone answer me, as i know the turbo fairies can rip stuff off BUT can the put it back together before thursday next week for the next track day.

Let us all know when u start this little adventure into the unknow..

I'll turn up with my one and only special spanner that the fairies forgot about because i think they had to much of that pain numbing liquid.. then maybe a few other fairy victims could also drag them selves there in time, and we all could delve deeeeeeeeep into the land of unforgiving engineering blunders and hopefully most of us will emerge out the other side with an upgraded car and not to many fingers missing..

maybe i'm beeing unfair on the fairies, it COULD have been their cousins.. the pixies! Rest easy, after that lot are finished with you, you should be prepared for what the bolt cretins will do to you. I've been lead to beleive that they take pride in tripping up meddling modders like us. They eat half way through bolts so they snap, crew corners off bolts heads so they are round and seize anything else that may one day need to be replaced...

You just gotta love a device that will keep men in sheds for prolonged periods. This devise is know to cause divorce, heart-ache, bankruptcey, skinned knuckles and on rare days.. JOY! They are much more to some, and less to others.. BUT WE ALL HATE TO LOVE THEM AT SAME POINT!

we are all poor defenceless, pain ridden, spannerless, skinless buggers.. :(

But hey, my car is going.. well it did this morning!