SAU Community

Sunroof

Hey,

Thinkin about gettin a sunroof installed in my r33.

I particularly like the ones that open under the roof like the factory nissan sunroof. had a bit of a search on the net and found this.

what do you guys think? worth getting an aftermarket sunroof? are they generally better/worse than factory? It'd be brand new as opposed to ~10 years old from factory so I guess thats a plus for aftermarket.

I heard they go for around $2k? I'm still a long way off from that so it'd take quite a bit of saving.

Thanks

Edited by ak_stylez

Personally I'd just buy one with a sunroof already in it, but that's just me, I don't like the idea of cutting up the car like that, hence why I waited till I found what I wanted in a car including the sunroof :(

Personally I'd just buy one with a sunroof already in it, but that's just me, I don't like the idea of cutting up the car like that, hence why I waited till I found what I wanted in a car including the sunroof :cheers:

so true.

because the r34 was my 1st car there were so many things i should have noticed but didnt. the sunroof being one of them.

im defiently getting a sunroof in the next car. or i just might get one installed into this one

• 6 months later...

I regret not buying car with sunroof :D

reading some sites which install sunroof's:

http://www.webasto.com.au/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs_3360.html

Are sunroofs installed after purchase the same quality as factory installed sunroofs?

Yes, if not better . Certified installers are meticulous about quality and finish. See your local Webasto certified sunroof professional.

Are sunroofs safe?

Yes, the surface area of the sunroof to the roof skin has more coverage than normal roof braces.

Ive got a sunroof in my r33 i love it especially winter have the heater on and the sunroof open dont get too hot and it great in summer. the only down side is after a while they start to leak and that suxs I hate when that happens cost me 250 for another seal

I'm yet to hear of a decent aftermarket sunroof install...

they all leak as far as I've heard... but please prove me wrong, it will come down to the installer and the hardware, curviture of the roof and size of the actual sunroof...

Most cars with sun roofs as options come from the factory without one, then when you order it the manufacturer sends it away and gets it installed. Someone does it for them, but I cant remember who it is. The best in the Country. The job is as good as OEM, because it is pretty much!!