SAU Community

Rice Or Nice Carbon Gtr Covers

looks killer trent it will look mean with the r34 red colour rocker covers and that carbon cover... but the theme is yellow

yeah they have alot of side ventilation, hard to see in pics.

I take it the fit on yours was nearly as good as the ones I got then, I was kinda disappointed

Still havnt fitted them as I am not sure I can get a fit I will be happy with,

will give it a serious go on this break coz they do look hot

just fit shitty

howd u manage to drive ur car from the show? would have been throwing cooler pipes like no tomorow ha? lol jk

tough engine bay man, what turbo you using on that bad boy?

looks good man but all the covers need to be carbon :P

493579794_bb14883038_o.jpg

yeah but you tell that that is FAKE stick on from a mile off..... looks terrible. there is only one thing worse than our rice and that is fake rice... haha

Edited by URAS

LTHLRB - turbo is a 3540

URAS - fake stick on aye?

thats interesting considering you have no idea who did it or how it was done

its done by modicoat and its not stuck on its a film that its applied by dipping and then clear coated with 2K clear

it will not go yellow like real carbon it will not de-laminate like real carbon and it will fit 100% first time every time

ive fitted real carbon covers to a number of different cars and they all fit like shit

LTHLRB - turbo is a 3540

URAS - fake stick on aye?

thats interesting considering you have no idea who did it or how it was done

its done by modicoat and its not stuck on its a film that its applied by dipping and then clear coated with 2K clear

it will not go yellow like real carbon it will not de-laminate like real carbon and it will fit 100% first time every time

ive fitted real carbon covers to a number of different cars and they all fit like shit

but it is fake (its a film).... thats the point. I dont even like the look of the real ones on our car but that fake looking stuff with skew-wiff lines going through it looks even worse.

as for yellowing decent stuff will last longer than most will ever keep thier cars... the carbon parts on my race bike (ex 1999 WSB) lasted the 6 years before i sold it and they are still on there (new owner) as good as new.....

EDIT: sorry if you took offence i did not know it was your bay.... next time i will bite my tongue. If it helps i like the rest of the bay:)

Edited by URAS

yeah but you tell that that is FAKE stick on from a mile off..... looks terrible. there is only one thing worse than our rice and that is fake rice... haha

regardless fake or not, i think it looks hot

and ive played with carbon before and i personally couldnt tell, not everyone is an expert.

but it is fake (its a film).... thats the point. I dont even really like the look of the real ones on our car but that fake looking stuff with skew-wiff lines going through it, then way to much clear over the top looks real average.. that technique has been round for ages....

as for yellowing decent stuff will last longer than most will ever keep thier cars... the carbon parts on my race bike (ex 1999 WSB) lasted the 6 years before i sold it and they are still on there (new owner) as good as new.....

Wooow. What kind of attitude is that.

Funny thing is you're the one who started this thread with a set of fake carbon centre covers. If you think those fibreglass-covered-with-carbon are the real deal then you need to see real carbon ones (HKS Kansai for example).

looks good man but all the covers need to be carbon :thumbsup:

493579794_bb14883038_o.jpg

Nice worth Anthony, awesome looking engine bay you have there :domokun: Nice to see a decent motor in there!

Wooow. What kind of attitude is that.

Funny thing is you're the one who started this thread with a set of fake carbon centre covers. If you think those fibreglass-covered-with-carbon are the real deal then you need to see real carbon ones (HKS Kansai for example).

haha even funnier thing is they come from the manufacturer.... in kevlar also.