SAU Community

R33: (gts-t) Series 1 And 2 Differences

PranK

Are you sure, i thought S1's didnt have an airbag option and S1.5's came with drivers side standard and passenger as an option and S2 had both standard?

i was only going by this website

http://meggala.com/r33main1.html not the best website example cuz only one picture works. refering more to the info

and fairly sure mines only a series 1 with an airbag steering wheel added as i have to click off the indicators, light coloured seats, front bar, silver S badge on front (maybe photo's might help identify what im talking about)

Edited by BstewyR33

• 1 month later...

Hey guys i contacted Negun and i was speaking to tom and he told me this even tho its on this topic already

"The difference between the RB25DET series 1 and series 2 are the igniters. The series 1 have separate igniters, where the series 2 are built in. You should be able to tell by looking at the

existing coil packs. Alternatively you could look up the engine number

with Nissan. "

Hey guys i contacted Negun and i was speaking to tom and he told me this even tho its on this topic already

"The difference between the RB25DET series 1 and series 2 are the igniters. The series 1 have separate igniters, where the series 2 are built in. You should be able to tell by looking at the

existing coil packs. Alternatively you could look up the engine number

with Nissan. "

To be more accurate the S1 has an igniter module (not separate igniters) and you can tell the difference by looking at the end of the coil pack cover as that is where the module is mounted, but as you mentioned its already been detailed in this thread.

Edited by W0rp3D

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this has been covered, only a little difference but in the centre console of Series 1's before 1995 (No Drivers Airbag) the compartment in the centre console is bigger as there was no need to accomidate the air bag module which is there in later models with airbags.

Q; What is the difference between a series 1 and series 2 R33 Gtst?

A; There are several differences...

• The front end of the series 2 is sharper, slimmer headlights, different front bar (indicators and fog lights are round and located at the bottom of the bar). The bonnet has much sharper ridges.
  • The "skyline" panel at the rear of the car is body coloured on the series 2.
  • The interior of the series 2 has been updated including different trim, a passenger airbag and the dash facia has been updated.
  • Mechanical differences include an updated ECU and a ceramic turbo.
  • The series 1 was in production from late '93 through to late '95. The series 2 ran from early '96 through to early/mid '98.

so if i wanted to put the front bar of a series 2 R33 on a series 1 R33 what else would i need to change?

so if i wanted to put the front bar of a series 2 R33 on a series 1 R33 what else would i need to change?

bonnet, gaurds, headlights, grill, bumper and reo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Differences also include the 40th annv stitching in the seats lol if you've got one..

nismo front bar, rear sway bar in boot, gtr rear wing, sunroof, hicas..

i'm sure these cross into SI and SII - depends on what the original owner got factory..

also what about HICAS - do SI have hicas?

series 2 dont come with sway bars! or gtr wings standard, my r33 series 1 93 doesnt have hicas, my series 2 does, maybe the 2 door skylines have hicas? my bro's 93 2 door had hicas

Bullshit, you don't need to do guards. I've done it :D

maybe in the 2 door theyre not different buddy lmfao!

i own a series one and two both 4 doors, the series 2 HAS PUMPED GUARDS on the 4 door the whole front is BETTER than the series 1 looks way stauncher (tougher looking in nz language) haha but you need some TEIN adjustables to really apprecitae a series 2, rear tail lights are interchangeable aswell as the coloured middle piece, bonnet is also different.

Castor rods are different, well, --the bushes are twic the size way tougher.

front shocks are different

interior in a series 2 is like a 2002 berlina in comparison to the 86 lookin series 1!!

HICAS SYSTEMS (rear) are different series 2 has SUPER HICAS electric, and speed sensitive electronically controlled?

i was under the understanding that the series 2 turbo had ball bearings or sumin, and was a lil bigger.

series 2 also has Variable Valve Timing hence the non interchangeability of INtake? cam? not sure on which cam exactly, and is slightly at factory more kilowatts about ten or fifteen more??? and way better on petrol!!!!!

Series 2 4 Doors look better than all! dont mean to be a hater, Have to be sacked on sum quality adjustables like teins or sumin tho!!!!! and deep blue colour with sum DTM drifts 10 inch wide on the rear and 9 inch wide on the front

Edited by justabitbigga

not quite true as other people have said. s1.5 are s2 engine and wing, s1 interior (with 1 or 2 small changes) and body. not sure about 4 doors though

there is no m-spec front bumper for the r33. m-spec is a r34 gtr model. however there is a type-m r33 though. this is pretty much every r33 gts-t, except some of the turbo 4 doors.

as people have said, the afm, ignitor/coils, turbo compressor wheel (s1 has steel, s2 has nylon), TPS

ecu's are interchangable. i have done it

They are NOT interchangeable they may plug up but the ignition and the Variable Valve timing wont be good for your series 1 bra!!!!! itd be like my mate running his de on a sohc ecu!!!!!!!!!! u must have some good problems????!!!!!! i have a series one and a series 2! both 4 doors however

S2 FTW, interior is such a better design from S1.

The exterior is way better too! series ones look stingray like all round and shyt, series 2 especially 4 door are so much more devious and aggressively styled with deeper more dominant style lines,(in saying that all skylines look like arse if theyre not on adjustables and have dark tints and fat popping out rims! grandmothers have them in my town! lmao! and a cat back exhaust at the least! nothing worse than a noiseless skidda! can i get a amen! hahahaha