SAU Community

R33: (gts-t) Series 1 And 2 Differences

PranK

No sure if it's been mentioned but The sedans have different tailights between series with S1's having flush lighs that sit behind smoked plastic and S2's having lights that poke out fro the trim panel.

More trivial things include

- both series 1 and 2 both had ceramic-turbined turbos though the camshafts between the two are not interchangeable

Only the very late Skyline Series 2 models had the CAS (crank angle sensor) of the next to come R34.

(identified by the black back plastic cover)

These CAS only matched the slotted camshafts, which were different from Series 1 and early Series 2 (mid 1997 or so)

So early Series 2 and Series 1 should have the same camshaft ....

They are NOT interchangeable they may plug up but the ignition and the Variable Valve timing wont be good for your series 1 bra!!!!! itd be like my mate running his de on a sohc ecu!!!!!!!!!! u must have some good problems????!!!!!! i have a series one and a series 2! both 4 doors however

i ran my skyline on a different series ecu for about 8 months with no issues. both series one and series two have VCT and as for ignition timing, the difference in the tune is extremely limited (since power output is the same) so it is negligable. unless you are one of the people who think that the series 2 has the ignitor built into the ecu and that is what you meant by ignition timing. either way i think you need to do some more research on what the actual differences are in the skylines as the differences between the s1 and s2 aren't enough to stop the ecu's being interchangable.

• 3 weeks later...

does r33 gtst series 2 front guards bolt on series 1.5 directly without any modification?

yeah they will bolt on the there are subtle differences

near the window the guard on S2 curves slightly down

near the headlight it curves slightly towards the light

seems to be closer to the bonnet using the same guide as a S1 guard

Mine is a 95 and as far as i can tell, on the exterior is the same as other series one models. But my engine is the same as series 2 (I had a lot of confusion when i tried to buy coil packs because of this)

I park my car next to a series 2 r33 at work most days, and i will admit the series 2 is definitely the nicer looking of the two. But at the end of the day, the price most people are paying for some of these series 1 models, they probably dont care! I certainly am happy with the looks of mine for $4000!

thanx heaps for the info guys mine is 95 gtst as well so that's why i am bit confused . by reading the forms here mine is 1.5 series still not sure though. i have a wing that match to series 2 . i have seen few of the series 2 and my friend in weribee has one as well and i looked at his car with mine but couldnt see any exterior difference with mine. as madaz said will my car look really different if i replace the guard of series 2 with mine.

ok here are the differences with S1 and S2 guards as for 1.5 it will depends what bonnet they have S2 bonnet will then have S2 guards

S1 Guard

post-13315-0-15617800-1304827062_thumb.jpgpost-13315-0-93230200-1304827087_thumb.jpg

S2 Gaurd

post-13315-0-73718000-1304827101_thumb.jpgpost-13315-0-06835400-1304827107_thumb.jpg

post-13315-0-38821100-1304827119_thumb.jpgpost-13315-0-14175100-1304827126_thumb.jpg

thanx for the clear answercheers.gif by the picture u have posted i have series 1 guards by looking at the gaps near the door and curves near the headlight thanx heaps again

any one selling series 1 lhs guard(silver) pm methumbsup.gif

npz man heaps of people talk rubbish about how there the same but they themselves have never seen them side by side

i bought this guard from a wrecker as a S1 guard you think i wasn't a little pissed when putting it on after painting it with KH2 which doesn't match and guard doesn't line up :D :D

as you can see it works but they're not quiet the same

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...