SAU Community

R34 Petrol Choices

Hi I have recently purchased an R34 25GTT, and was wondering what petrol to use.

I have gathered that 95 Octane is suitable, yet i pumped V-Power from Shell, which was a little bit more expensive. Just wanted to find out what others out there with similar imported cars prefer to use, and if 95 is good enough (i.e. that it wont damage the car like normal unleaded would)

CHeers.

32 , 33 or 34 i would highly highly highly recommend premium.

BP ultimate, shell V power, or mobil's premium one (cant think of the name), are the only 3 i consider. i personally wouldnt use 95, i stick with BP which is 98. use it 100% of the time and works for me.

this has been covered a bit before so try a search and im sure you will read more posts about it.

dude, there's no ' R34 petrol choices ' LOL. Basically most of the skylines, silvias, supras are similiar. Just stick to 98 Octane and you'll be fine. Doesn't really matter Shell V-Power, BP Ultimate, Mobil Synergy 8000, Caltex Vortex 98, these 4 are the most popular choices. Different people may argue Shell is better than Caltex blah blah blah, but they are basically the same. :D

Like other people have said, stick with 98 octane (or better). Also you will get best results if you stay with the same brand of fuel too.

I'd stay away from anything less than 98 octane unless you have to use it (ie. in the country). Your fuel economy will likely be better with 98 octane anyway so the overall cost will probably not be that different. Its also better for your engine so it will save you money in the long run :D

i find that my car runs better on BP ultimate, ran ok with shell vpower but i LOST power (tell me how that works :D )

as long as it has a octane level of 95 or higher you will be ok

Just like everyone said, 98oct would be ideal but if you are a real tightass, 92/95oct would be fine if you dont thrash your car. Thrashing your R34 on 92/95, your motor will ping its head off and eventually couple of cylinders (if you are lucky enough :( ) will come flying out from your block.

I know a few guys that were using 92/95oct in their rexies, skylines and 200s due to the high fuel prices couple of months ago, most of these boys were driving in excess of 100km per day so saving every cent mattered.

Just like everyone said, 98oct would be ideal but if you are a real tightass, 92/95oct would be fine if you dont thrash your car. Thrashing your R34 on 92/95, your motor will ping its head off and eventually couple of cylinders (if you are lucky enough :D ) will come flying out from your block.

I know a few guys that were using 92/95oct in their rexies, skylines and 200s due to the high fuel prices couple of months ago, most of these boys were driving in excess of 100km per day so saving every cent mattered.

I've heard this argument many times, but given that using 91octane fuel (which most regular unleaded is) is risking blowing your engine, ask yourself if it really is cheaper for the sake of $5 a week in savings...

In my opinion spending a little extra on fuel (its not that much really) is very cheap insurance and protection for your engine :(

I've heard this argument many times, but given that using 91octane fuel (which most regular unleaded is) is risking blowing your engine, ask yourself if it really is cheaper for the sake of $5 a week in savings...

In my opinion spending a little extra on fuel (its not that much really) is very cheap insurance and protection for your engine :)

yeh agreed.. when it comes down to it, the savings are quite minimal, and you relly got to look at the longer term.. i mean u could sacrifice a cup of coffee, or pack of smokes rather than risking ur baby :P