SAU Community

Why Block Dip Stick Hole?

hey guys and girl as i have installed my turbo engine maybe 2 months ago and found i have no dip stick but instead it is blocked off i was wondering why people would do this ?

just wondering why do it ? atm the only answer i have is trying to run a dry sump any ideas are welcome im just curious why people would block off the dip stick hole..my car is not blowing out any spoke either or burning any oil so yeah :laugh:?

Cheers

Chi

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

you think people are waiting online at 1:30am just to answer your post?

I have 2 suggestions. Someone lost the dipstick and covered the hole to prevent oil spraying through the engine bay or the rings were shot and it kept blowing the dipstick out (and spraying oil everywhere) so they blocked it up.

There was some talk about a different block having the dipstick in a different spot, the only other reason i can think of is maybe it previously came out of a car with a dry sump and external reservior

the dipstick tube is complete removed. and there is just a bolt in its place

why the hell wouldnt you sort that out before putting the engine in the car? let alone driving it for 2 months before addressing it as an issue.

Those dipstick tubes get bent or crimped from time to time with removal and transport which creates a need for spares.

1. probably bent or crimped so removed and blocked so dirt and dust didnt get in.

2. probably taken by some one who needed a spare dipstick/spout and blocked up fro the new owner to replace .

What worries me is is that you haven't been able to check the levels of how much oil is in the sump.

Here's hoping it was at full capacity if you have been using it.

Edited by ish

just to clear up something.

The motor had a compression test and the results were 165psi on all cylinders and less than 3% leakage.

There is nothing wrong with the motor.

The dipstick is a mystery and if you don't know why people block them off, then why bother answering and trolling the thread?

Cheers :blink:

Kylie