SAU Community

Best Street Response Turbo For My 33 Gtst?...

nsta

I've narrowed it down to a few choices only....basically i want as much response as i can get from my rb25det, and would like to know which turbo would suit for a street r33....i would like to make a car with enough power to pass a high 12 pass on the 1/4 aswell......maybe 250rwkw will get me there???.....please help guys, heres my 3 major considerations atm:

HKS GT-RS

GT-SS

GT2530

current mods:

fmic

apexi pod

3" exhaust + split dump

bosch 040 fuel pump

splitfire coils

the threads i see about the gt-rs are generally for the rb26 motors, and they say its too laggy for them.....but it seems they are quite a good turbo for the rb25? why is that?

thanks!

Edited by nsta

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the threads i see about the gt-rs are generally for the rb26 motors, and they say its too laggy for them.....but it seems they are quite a good turbo for the rb25? why is that?

thanks!

This is because the GT-R's that say the GT-RS is too laggy are running 2 GT-RS' turbo's.

One GT-RS would be fine on an rb25.

A gt2530 is a good responsive turbo... if you're running 2 of them on a GT-R lol. But really, this seems way too small for an RB25 single.

GT-SS is again just a little too small.

My vote is GT-RS or GT2871R.

Good luck!

gtrs is a an awesome turbo, but if your looking at turbos that size of what you suggested i would seriously consider a slide highflow, they are awesome for the price and bolt back on with minimum mods. i put one on a mates car and it took me under a day including stocker removal and the thing hauls

I have driven a 33 with gcg hi-flow, and responce was pretty good actually.. full boost by 3.5-4, which ok is a little laggy.. But god damn does it pull!!

hi-flow might be cheaper than gtrs as well..

thanks!, whats the response like of a gtrs?compared to say the stock turbo, which is really reponsive down low.....and will it get me to 250rwkw?, and a high 12 sec pasS on the 1/4?this is my long term goal, and one i dont want to keep changing turbos around for....also how long will an rb25det engine last with a gtrs and that amount of power?

Best turbo to do a high 12 pass and the most responsive would be the stock turbo. It has been done numerous times.

Some of the turbos that the guys mentioned above would be way too big and be lag monsters. e.g. the 2540? lag central.

will it get me to 250rwkw?, and a high 12 sec pasS on the 1/4?

You don't need the MAGICAL 250RWKW POWER to run a high 12 second pass, i've got around 220-225rwkw and ran 12.9 on 225/50/r16 Toyo T1R's @32psi tyre pressure

GT-RS or HKS2535 or a GCG/Slide Highflow would be my choice

You will also need:

-Bigger Injectors

-EBC Boost Controller or bleed valve

-Remapped ECU /Powerfc or the like.

You don't need the MAGICAL 250RWKW POWER to run a high 12 second pass, i've got around 220-225rwkw and ran 12.9 on 225/50/r16 Toyo T1R's @32psi tyre pressure

GT-RS or HKS2535 or a GCG/Slide Highflow would be my choice

You will also need:

-Bigger Injectors

-EBC Boost Controller or bleed valve

-Remapped ECU /Powerfc or the like.

thanks for that, yeh what size injectors would suit?and is it bad to get bigger than you need injectors???, cause the ones im after....theres no real difference in price between nismo 550cc and 700cc injectors....so should i get the 700cc ones instead?. I have a sau bleed valve, dnno if that will be sufficient, but seems to hold boost quite well:)

and im after a power fc aswell, will i need the hand controller or not?

cheers,

thanks for that, yeh what size injectors would suit?and is it bad to get bigger than you need injectors???, cause the ones im after....theres no real difference in price between nismo 550cc and 700cc injectors....so should i get the 700cc ones instead?. I have a sau bleed valve, dnno if that will be sufficient, but seems to hold boost quite well:)

and im after a power fc aswell, will i need the hand controller or not?

cheers,

for the power you are after, 550 cc injectors are plenty. if you want even more power down the track then you might want to get the 700, but if not, youll be just wasting fuel. If you bleed valve is up to the task then what you have is fine. you will need a good ecu to control eveything and the power fc is ideal and best to get a handcontroller so that you can monitor knock levels, adjust timing if necessary, etc..

Best turbo to do a high 12 pass and the most responsive would be the stock turbo. It has been done numerous times.

Some of the turbos that the guys mentioned above would be way too big and be lag monsters. e.g. the 2540? lag central.

umm a 2540 is just a touch bigger than a 2535 and smaller than a 2835 and GTRS, so how would it be a lag monster??

yeah stock turbo hi flowed would prob be the best....but if faster 1/4 time would prob invest in drag tyres...from my experience a set of 2nd hand drag tyres will take 0.3-0.4 off ur time.....to do that with just power increase ur looking at like 30-40kw...

I've got a GT3071. Pumps 15psi and over 230kw atw by 3200rpm. Stock injectors and air flow meter. Turbo cost $1500 plus oil\water lines and intake mods. All up cost $2000. Is sweet, loves to peel the rubber off by 10 psi