SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

screamin'

Our patch up job. Looks just like a new one.

behind all that glitz and glamor of race tape is some good old fashioned drifter cable tie stitch work. im sure i should have been a surgeon.

i also thank the porsche as i was able to steal/ borrow some of the the GTR's inner guard to cut up and make some ducting. it helped to.

My vet tells me that chocolate is cumulative in doggies (much like mercury is cumulative in humans)... They can't process it and get rid of it and it can be harmful if enough choco goodies are ingested.

That's why they have carob drops, and not chocolate drops for doggahs!

Just an FYI :yes:

Now he has no Boost bar, and a sick dog... rough day!

A mate's dog ate a whole block of chocolate and she was fine, so I wouldn't worry too much. But yeah, no good for them

My ex eats chocolate but unfortunatley she hasn't died yet... :P

Hey stuart, your evo is coming along nicley, love the cage! good work.

andrew - yeay knew it wasn't good for him so kept an eye on him afterwards, but he seemed ok. hes being pretty spoit at the moment, had a big thick viel t-bone last night, nice lamb shanks the night before and cooked chicken breast and bacon the night before that... all done just for him... better than most get i'm sure!

woo - all the cool kids are running back seats these days, didn't you know? nah, i put it back in so the car looked more streetable and knock down the road noise as I reckon it would make a top recce car... thinking i might keep it now as its coming together really well.

liam - thanks mate, yeah i'm pretty happy with how its shaping up. the fd isn't getting much love though...

n640892983_1935407_3216879.jpg

Haha yeah the fd looks like it has seen better days!

Also are you still selling those go pro motorsport cameras?? Hope so! I'll send ya a pm.

*edit

Cant send you a pm as your inbox is full haha

Started putting together my first bottom end together today :D

Put the rings on the pistons, then attached the rod with the gudeon pin and locked that in with the circlips. Then i put the acl bearings in the mains, put the crank in on top, then the girdle after that. Then it was just a matter of putting the piston/rods in the block and attaching the big ends to the crank.

Heres a few pics

post-4425-1244351629_thumb.jpg

post-4425-1244352026_thumb.jpg

post-4425-1244352051_thumb.jpg

ive been working on my car over the past few weeks.

today i made a bull bar.

DSC01478.jpg

then i made a rear bumper bar

DSC01479.jpg

but i thought it looked a bit gay so i ran some fluro string lines between them and wala i had a string for wheel alignments at the track

DSC01482.jpg

and also some ramps to get the car just far enough off the ground to adjust front or rear toe.

i dug up this old photo from my first event.

DSC04834.jpg

and what it looks like now

DSC01477.jpg

and even thoe this is a budget car ive found some budget carbon fibre so its making its way into the car every where.

DSC01483.jpg

and the finished result

DSC01484.jpg

ive been a bit slack as ther is heaps of new bits on my car but i have been short of time to put anything up

DSC01475.jpg

Edited by DJRIFT

4 door skylines are so 2008, troy needs a white evo 3 so i can buy a proper road car!!

broke the damn windscreen in the evo on sunday night too… after months of taking it on and off the car and trailering it 700km... it had to break the final time I was putting it back on the car ready to take it into have the windscreen reset!

hey damo, you or kerry need to throw some pics of brawn gtst up!

Edited by t01-100

that S13 sports sedan shell is a pretty good buy for $11k. especially considering the penske shocks etc. If I were building a sports sedan I'd take a hard look at it, as it's a big head start for not much investment, providing of course things have been done well to the stage it's at.

Loving that GT-R Greg...mmmmmmm fat as.

Some new work done on the dash. ECU and fuse box have been mounted where the glovebox was and extra switchger for indicators etc have been mounted on a new centre console panel. I'll put an EGT guage in there soon enough to complete it.

Earlier:

post-8405-1245117562_thumb.jpg

Now:

post-8405-1245117524_thumb.jpg

Man, i am all ideas but i need to know what work is doing with me. At the moment there is a good chance i will end up in Cambridge or Shanghai so whatever car i buy next, odds are it will be for me to toot around in whilst OS :D Poor GTSt is just sitting in a factory going to waste.

I cant wait for 6-8 weeks leave and just come home and bolt it all back together and have some fun in it. If i end up in Cambridge it is going to take all my willpower not to plonk my pudgy ass in a Speed 6 or S2 Elise :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

i just bought this...its an oscar sk90(raced in japan over 1000klms in a series call japan lemans challenge)Aluminium and Carbon Tub, Composite body, 13b Rotary,Hewland transaxle Mk9 Mk5 gears, Quaife LSD, Cockpit adjustable roll stiffness and brake bias, enkei wheels, F3 slicks, 490kg

gallery_2711_155_23879.jpg

gallery_2711_155_20471.jpg

gallery_2711_155_4588.jpg

Edited by ylwgtr2

Nice stuff^^^^ id love to drive something more so designed from the ground up to be a race car.

thanks Neil.

my car was the victim of 4 drivers last weekend at a motorkhana. it smashed the limiter all day and the car without me driving cam 2nd over all for the day. i have to much fun swinging nuts ect to ever win.

Sav Man even got to steer with some real powah.

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

i just bought this...its an oscar sk90(raced in japan over 1000klms in a series call japan lemans challenge)Aluminium and Carbon Tub, Composite body, 13b Rotary,Hewland transaxle Mk9 Mk5 gears, Quaife LSD, Cockpit adjustable roll stiffness and brake bias, enkei wheels, F3 slicks, 490kg

gallery_2711_155_23879.jpg

gallery_2711_155_20471.jpg

gallery_2711_155_4588.jpg

That thing is sSOOOO COOL! For a guy that runs a motorcycle place you sure seem to own a lot of rotary powered rice burners.

good shit troy! that will be awesome fun, and the sound. my god man! the sound!

where did you find that bad boy? auction? yahoo? or is there some japanese my105 I don't know about?!